Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What if question

Reaction score
What does the TH do if it looses communication with the st16?
The phantom I have will return to home and land will the TH do the same or just crash?

I have had it happen to me while in flight, ST-16 battery died. It returned to home, hovered about 15 feet up, with in about 3 feet of where the ST-16 was, (Last known location).
I was able to get the ST-16 powered back up and landed normally. Had I let it go, it would have auto landed, in my case right on a tree.

Reactions: Gaunt1969 and PatR
I have had it happen to me while in flight, ST-16 battery died. It returned to home, hovered about 15 feet up, with in about 3 feet of where the ST-16 was, (Last known location).
I was able to get the ST-16 powered back up and landed normally. Had I let it go, it would have auto landed, in my case right on a tree.
And that would be a good reason to stand in a clear area whenever possible. Especially avoid standing near water.

What does the TH do if it looses communication with the st16?
The phantom I have will return to home and land will the TH do the same or just crash?
That is kind of what happen to my TH. I started loosing control of my Typhoon H when it was out about 40 ft. and an alt. of about 25 ft. I finally got it back before loosing all control. I tried all flight modes to try and regain control but nothing worked. Rather than land it just hovered at about 25 ft. would not land, go up or to the side. I could only stand by and watched it very slowly drift into the side of my friends house and then crash. Yuneec has had it sense early July while we discuss who pays for the $245.00 repair charge.
As a retired engineer and having plenty of time to analyze what happened, I know exactly what occurred and included it in my letter with the drone. When Yuneec analyzed the down loaded data from my drone they came up with a different story and of course they determined pilot error which is what I expected. I challenged their findings and they said they would reevaluate their data. It's been about 3 weeks and nothing from Yuneec.

I challenged their findings and they said they would reevaluate their data.
Hi Dan,
It might help if you could upload your telemetry to your original post. If you need help with that just say so. We can only help if we can look at the flight records.

Hi Dan,
It might help if you could upload your telemetry to your original post. If you need help with that just say so. We can only help if we can look at the flight records.
Thanks for the offer Steve but Yuneec has had my drone and data sense August. It looks like they are dragging their feet hoping I will give up and tell them to forget about it and fix it at my expense. What has me upset is that the drone didn't abruptly crash leaving me to wonder what I did to cause the crash. It happened in slow motion giving me plenty of time to try everything I could think of to regain control and nothing I did allowed me to regain that control. It hovered at about 25 -30 ft. and then slowly drifted into the building. Yuneec is saying the data showed that I was in follow me mode the entire time. The data may show that but that is not at all correct. I was in every mode available and nothing worked.

Thanks for the offer Steve but Yuneec has had my drone and data sense August. It looks like they are dragging their feet hoping I will give up and tell them to forget about it and fix it at my expense. What has me upset is that the drone didn't abruptly crash leaving me to wonder what I did to cause the crash. It happened in slow motion giving me plenty of time to try everything I could think of to regain control and nothing I did allowed me to regain that control. It hovered at about 25 -30 ft. and then slowly drifted into the building. Yuneec is saying the data showed that I was in follow me mode the entire time. The data may show that but that is not at all correct. I was in every mode available and nothing worked.
Did you keep a copy of the telemetry files?

Did you keep a copy of the telemetry files?
Yuneec asked me to down load the telemetry and send it to them in a zip file but I was never able to do it so I just sent the entire drone. I assumed it would need to be send for repairs at some time any way.
As an engineer I used zip files years ago but the type of zip file instructions they sent I was never able to get to work.
So no I don't have a copy of the files.

Yuneec asked me to down load the telemetry and send it to them in a zip file but I was never able to do it so I just sent the entire drone. I assumed it would need to be send for repairs at some time any way.
As an engineer I used zip files years ago but the type of zip file instructions they sent I was never able to get to work.
So no I don't have a copy of the files.
That is unfortunate. I would contact them and ask them to email the zip file to you for your records.

Reactions: Dr Delta
That is unfortunate. I would contact them and ask them to email the zip file to you for your records.
Good idea, thanks. I still hold little hope for getting it fixed under warranty. Their account of what happened is so far removed from what really happened and it has taken so long I just don't see Yuneec taking any responsibility for the malfunction.
Thanks very much for the suggestions and I will report back as to what happens
Thanks again
Don

What’s interesting here is that both of mine indicate the H is in Follow mode on the right side of the screen every time I fly them, always hand flying in Angle with OBS off. Seems the system defaults to display “Follow” all the time.

All these tells of "out of control " drones make me question my choice of a typhoon. It makes me think I should have just built another one or just bought another DJI I never had my faantom fly off and if it ever lost signal it always returned to home. I choose a Yuneec because I was told their customer service was good. DJI cust service sucks but at least the phantom never went rouge.

You still made a good choice. I had a fly away with my first one early last December, Yuneec handled it quickly with no issues since then. I have another I bought shortly after that incident and have flown the dickens out of it, no problems at all. There have been a great many DJI fly aways with all their models long before Yuneec started selling the Q series and they continue to this day. With the industry lacking any certification standard for flight controllers or GPS units I’m surprised the issues are not worse than they are across all the brands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss