Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What to expect after warranty expires?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been reading a lot of messages about people experiencing problems with their copters very soon after purchase and most responses are to file a RMA and get a new machine for warranty or a free GPS module replacement or things like that. But what comes after the warranty period expires?

This is a question that has bugging me out, not only since I was thinking about buying the H, but also after deciding to fix it myself (perhaps voiding my warranty a couple of months earlier since I did have to open the frame to reattach one arm).

My question is, does Yuneec provide repair services? Are there authorized repair centers in and/or outside of the US? Or once your warranty has expired you're on your own with your machine? Does it mean that if after the 6 months your GPS module fails you will have to buy it on your own and install it on your own?

Greetings!

Reactions: DroneClone
Here in Europe warranty is now 2 years as they had to follow EU laws. But who knows how will they respond when something happens.

All the small drones are nothing more than toys so shelf life will not be long. The speed of development in electronics is so fast that you would be kidding yourself if you thought any of them as a long term investment. Enjoy it now, make money if you want to now and get ready for the next new model.

Having said that the H being modular may have a longer shelf life than most of the others. The CEO stated in a speech yesterday that the H is made up of 7 individual components that come together to make the final product. Lengevity will be at the whim of Yuneec.

Update thought.

DJI have milked the Phantom design for all it is worth 1 2 3 4- and 5?
Yuneec have more to play with for updates so perhaps you never know we could get to H4 easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Graham and yuneec53
..........The speed of development in electronics is so fast that you would be kidding yourself if you thought any of them as a long term investment. Enjoy it now, .......

Well said.
Get out and fly and have fun with what you/we have got right now, but also don't get caught up with what the 'newest' thing may be either.

Yuneec has provided customer service for out of warranty products for a long time. As one would expect that is often done for a fee, especially if the fault was due to the customer, but in many cases that support has been for free.

The warranty period on a multirotor should not be viewed any differently than warranties for other products. If you break something after the warranty is expired, expect to pay for the repair. Only the fee is in question. If you are awarded a free repair be surprised and say thank you very publicly.

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech