Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which Drone Landing Pad Should I Choose??

Reaction score
Beyond sizes and material, which design would be the best for my drone landing pad? And should it be in another color combo than black and yellow?

Pad A:
Pad A.jpg

Pad B:

Pad B.jpg

Pad C:

Pad C.jpg

Thanks so much for your thoughts on this. I am new to drone flying so I don't have a clue :)

Reactions: Rayray
Very well said.:)
The design and color matter not to flying functionality.

What will matter is the size and weight (thickness) of the product.
My recommendation is 4' in diameter, and a thickness and weight similar to floor carpet. NOT single ply.

A floor carpet remnant works well, and gives a resilient TH landing. But then I'm cheap, I think I gave Lowes 6 bucks for a nice remnant.:rolleyes:
Not too bulky to carry around.:cool:

EDIT: 4' would be a minimum. Really should be 5' round, square, whatever...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

My recommendation is 4' in diameter, and a thickness and weight similar to floor carpet. NOT single ply.

A floor carpet remnant works well, and gives a resilient TH landing. But then I'm cheap, I think I gave Lowes 6 bucks for a nice remnant.:rolleyes:
Thanks so much for your insights Rayray! I'm loving this drone landing pad learning session already :)

I had trouble deciding too, I ended up getting one of each, as in the foldable kind and the heavier rubber mat. My reasoning for the foldable one I chose was it came with stakes to hold it on the ground, but yeah, do what makes you happy.

upload_2017-7-13_13-37-54.png

upload_2017-7-13_13-38-43.png

I had trouble deciding too, I ended up getting one of each, as in the foldable kind and the heavier rubber mat. My reasoning for the foldable one I chose was it came with stakes to hold it on the ground, but yeah, do what makes you happy.

View attachment 6601

View attachment 6602
Ahh OK gwhuntoon. So this orange black combo wasn't part of your decision. It was more of the heavier or not. Gotcha. Thanks!

Ahh OK gwhuntoon. So this orange black combo wasn't part of your decision. It was more of the heavier or not. Gotcha. Thanks!
BTW - The foldable pad actually comes with both colors, one combination on one side for day flying and the other combination on the other side for night flying. You get both on one landing pad.

BTW - The foldable pad actually comes with both colors, one combination on one side for day flying and the other combination on the other side for night flying. You get both on one landing pad.
Yeah I was thinking that. Thanks for confirming!

Sorry Rayray just read your post again.
get one that has weight in the rim , when you land the landing pad wont flip from the prop wash and then you need new blades or worse .
like this one on EBAY they have different diameters 3 ft and 5 ft
Hoodman Drone Launch Pad (3 ft. Diameter)
Hoodman Drone Launch Pad (3 ft. Diameter) 3 Feet | eBay
Awesome thanks so much!

I'm to old to bounce. More like splat...
Seriously this makes a good landing pad.

The thought has crossed my mind, but never to the point of pricing one.

I suppose I need to show and tell my pricey remnant flying carpet. This is the $6 piece (42" X 72") I got at Lowes Wednesday. Heavy enough that the edges do not blow up, but can still easily roll it and go. A 6 buck landing pad with 3 thou of drones. Penny wise and pound foolish.:rolleyes: I temp laid it on top of the one I have used for a year now, left out in the weather. This new one is for my GO stuff.

EDIT: Your pad actually should be about 5' round or square for best results.

NewCarpetRemnant-7-14-17.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I use a floor mat of rubber from the back trunk. It's 1,40x1,40 square. The problem is not to launch, but landing can be difficult. But training and training and training is the answer.

The thought has crossed my mind, but never to the point of pricing one.

I suppose I need to show and tell my pricey remnant flying carpet. This is the $6 piece (42" X 72") I got at Lowes Wednesday. Heavy enough that the edges do not blow up, but can still easily roll it and go. A 6 buck landing pad with 3 thou of drones. Penny wise and pound foolish.:rolleyes: I temp laid it on top of the one I have used for a year now, left out in the weather. This new one is for my GO stuff.

View attachment 6617
Great idea - so sounds like this really works :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop