Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which group are you in?

Been monitoring mostly. Had mine a couple of weeks but only had a chance to fly it the first time yesterday because of scheduling and vacations.

Sure enough, I had toilet bowl syndrome on my VERY first flight and had to drop it in a (green) corn field. Stopped the props immediately and it all seemed fine. Dodged a bullet it seems.

Only one battery. Fast-Forward to today.

Just re-calibrated the compass. Had to do it several times. Lost my bind when I did it and had to re-bind. Finally got everything straight I think. Flew it about 3 minutes in Smart Mode with blinking Green and (blue or purple, I'm color blind!) and it seemed to fly fine for the most part though I didn't go to Angle mode and I didn't do much because the battery was about out due to all the calibrations and setup. I still don't know why it wasn't solid green!

I think it's all going to be fine but time will tell.

One positive thing that has surprised me is that the little filming I have done make me think my camera and lens are maybe one of the good ones. Really not enough data to be sure just yet but I'm encouraged. I had prepared for the inevitable on that one and so far, I'm pleasantly surprised. Maybe I won't have to re-align or replace after though I could probably do both in my sleep already. :D

I can tell you this and I hope Yuneec reads this because this is not insignificant. Had it not been for my 25 years of RC flying and my FS pilot training, I would have thrown this thing back in the box and demanded my money back from my dealer. I still may but there is at least hope now. Right now, I'm actually glad I haven't invested in any other batteries yet (none available here locally yet). I finally got mine right I think, but mostly because of MY skills and MY understanding, which a lot of the potential market for this doesn't really have.

Yuneec better get this thing right OOB or they are going to really suffer the consequences. QC is horrible and that in inexcusable. I have never had any of these problems with my P3 or P4, but I desperately wanted an affordable hex and this was my hope. I hope I didn't do the wrong thing. Again, time tells the ultimate tale.

I bought my Yuneec Typhoon H on May 21st, 2016. I flew it almost everyday ever since. One day I had a problem with my camera gimbal getting stuck tilting when I first tested the Watch me mode. Yuneec replaced the whole gimbal and camera. I was very impressed with their customer service since it was the first time that I used their warranty. Then flew the H more times and one I had a GPS lost mid flight which I was able to land safely. Took it to Yuneec and they Replaced the GPS entirely. Thank god I live close to them! Now, I fly my H everyday and no issue at all. If every I have another issue I am not too worried because based on my own experience I know Yuneec will take care of it.

So, yeah...I'm in the good group! :D

Although my H is destined to go back to CS due to a possible gps fault and collision avoidance don't work, as yes I wish the camera was better but from want I've seen of other users camera images, my camera is good in comparison, POI works great, It always goes the distance without loss of video signal, it flies very stable even in winds of 25mph plus and hover is rock solid, minor issues takes a long time to connect to wi-fi hopefully a firmware update will correct this, I did have trouble initially with the record buttons but they work now, if customer service can correct the issue of gps acquiring occasionally and correct veering 45 degrees to the right in forward flight and get the collision avoidance working not that I would probably use this feature, I think its linked to the gps possible fault, once my faults are sorted the H has great potential, so I'm still in the good group .

I'm in the group that bought the Typhoon H hoping it would have a camera as good as the Phantom 3/4 for video. I like the Typhoon H for some things but I dislike it for these 3 issues:

1. You can't format the micro SD in the camera.
2. The video image is easily ruined by the fact that the white balance is never correct and the exposure is way too dramatic from one scene to the next. The only fix is Manual mode which has it's own problems.
3. The camera image software interface is massively limited for such an expensive drone that is promoted as a photography drone.

Reactions: QuadBart
I'm in the good group but being my first drone I've not had anything to compare it with. I looked into which drone to purchase for about 6 weeks and the DJi phantom 4 was the one that I decided I would buy. So spent another few days finding the best price which came down to SLR hut in the US, ordered it with extra batteries paid for fast shipping only to find out 2 days later it wasn't even in stock ! ... So being pretty bleeding upset I spent all this time researching and not having a product to show for it, I decided to find someone close to me that had it in stock ..... Brilliant 1 1/2 hr drive and I was in the shop 'Hobby Mounts' had the Dji in stock with the extra batteries and accessories I needed and ended up walking out 1 hr later with the Yuneec typhoon H ?? ... There was no hard sell I was given a demo and talk through what each drone had + and - points, and I ended up following what I thought the best one for me ..... and walked out with the H

The fun that I've had with it, far out weighs the small problems that I've had. I still just about have enough time to bail out if I wanted too. but the UK CS seems to be great so with that said I I'm going to stick with it and be happy :)

Definitely in the good group. Aside from drifting issues initially and a compass and accelerometer recal, I'm 20 flights in with 3 batteries. Only one dumbass cartwheel (and 2 broken props) on my part due to Obstacle Avoid switch on at landing. Yes, camera could be sharper, but I believe firmware updates are coming at some point. She's a beautiful stable bird and my 20 years of RC aircraft and heli flying have no doubt contributed to my self confidence in the air as well. Happy camper so far and would not go DJI route regardless. Don't fail us Yuneec and make me eat these words.

I have no problems with my H, it flies great. The camera is good enough for me, I think I was lucky enough to get a good one. I might not be the greatest pilot, but I have a ton of fun with it.

My third Yuneec product. This one is everything as advertised. Love it. Camera is great and 4k videos are exceptional. Can't get enough of it.

I'm OK, I still can't get as smooth a flight as I would like for shooting video too much dead space and twitch when sticks reach center position for my taste...my Taranis radio with expo cut 50% gives me much smoother results....perhaps it's an adjustment I'm missing, smoothest thus far is in turtle with GPS turned off. Large short coming for me is that you can only switch between GPS and non GPS when motors are not armed...I hope they change that quickly.

I've had mine for 3 weeks with about 10 flights and am seeing several issues arise. Today I had the bounce while landing and flip. Just prior it was toilet bowling. Had this happen once with a past flight as well. Had another incident with a Toilet bowl issues and then the h flew backwards by itself into a bush. Luckily it was 6 feet off the ground and only broke props. I have loose parts inside the ST16, my landing gear failed to work today but after a frw switch tries it worked again. I also had the video go out today for the first time and I was no more than 75 yards away from it. However i was straight up at 300ft and it was crystal clear. Its weird because it will fly awesome then all of the sudden it goes crazy. I have done the compass, alt calibrations etc several times. I emailed support today since they are closed hoping for an rma and fix. I love it when it Flys the way it should but when it doesn't it's frustrating.

Flys like a dream, all modes work great.
I have NOT flown in Non GPS mode, want an open field first.
Camera sucks, hopefully Yuneec will fix it. If not I will do the lens myself.
I am very pleased. Fly almost every week end. Even my neighbors are impressed with how quiet it is.
Just now starting to learn how to do aerial photography.
Now if Yuneec would just change a few things like RTH height, and make the camera bind quicker. I would be a 100% happy camper.

I must still be in the Bad group, still no gps, no replies from Yunees, no solution so no wizzard, no ccc, no nothing!!!! what is the video format accepted on this forum? cannot upload my video?
Still flying in manual mode with green arrow as feedback!

Flys like a dream, all modes work great.
I have NOT flown in Non GPS mode, want an open field first.
Camera sucks, hopefully Yuneec will fix it. If not I will do the lens myself.
I am very pleased. Fly almost every week end. Even my neighbors are impressed with how quiet it is.
Just now starting to learn how to do aerial photography.
Now if Yuneec would just change a few things like RTH height, and make the camera bind quicker. I would be a 100% happy camper.

Ditto....except (knock on wood) I must be one of the lucky ones with the good camera because mine produces fine quality videos in good focus with no problems...I'm no expert but I've been shooting and editing all our family vacation videos and I've worked with a number of quality cameras, and the image from my Typhoon looks good to me....I'd like to see a feature rich firmware release too.. RTH needs to be fixed asap!

Brandon what is wrong with your RTH?

At the beginning close to the bad group because my imposibility of just Compass Cal. But flying was accurate and smooth from the first moment....and keep going. Now, resolved the CompCal, looking forward to GPS lock (remember i´m at the very end of Southamerica), camera focus test and Smart Modes flying options.

But considered in the good group.

Keep flying

Last edited:
Bad group I guess. Had great expectations my H was going to be a solid performing camera platform. The craft itself flew ok when the lose of GPS alarm didn't go off. The camera was terrible and on panning the gimbal I could see stuttering in my shots. Returned the H and went with another craft. Will revisit the Yuneec brand once the new offering that falls between the H and H920 comes out. Hopefully with a camera that provides a clean,sharp 4K image.

Last edited:
Good. Had trouble with my first H but replacement is brilliant.
The thing is in its infancy so going to give it and the company a chance.
Its extremely complex so its going to have glitches.
With Intel on board, who knows what will come out of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33