Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Your Drone Can Give Cops a Surprising Amount of Your Data"

In my neighborhood there is no body worth looking at, just a bunch of old wrinkled prunes. I include my self in that description.

That sounds like The Villages, FL.

At the very least! Seems like many people I meet have a preconceived idea that I am going to spy on them and see right into their house with my flying camera. They give themselves way too much credit that I would even be interested! There are a lot of negative feelings out there about Drones and their pilots. I don't even use the word "Drone", I prefer UAV or Flying camera, and I correct folks who call it a drone. I say there are no Hellfire missiles, it's NOT a drone".;)

I had the same thing happen to me every time I flew. Back then it was a Q500 now it's an H".
Several years ago my friend and I both bought Q500's when it first came out. We have RV's and would take the Q500's with us when we went camping. We would fly them at the camp grounds. We would fly about 100-150 alt. and fly around the whole camp ground. I I can't tell how many people would see it flying around and they would get in their golf carts and follow it to see where it came from and find us.
Thanks to the negative news media coverage about drones they already didn't like them. So some of the first things out of their mouths if they found us was "Hey are you spying on us or I was going to shoot to out of the sky". After I spent a few mins debunking the negative media coverage then I would show and explaining it to them. Then I would take off and show them how it works. I would fly it around while letting them watch the aerial video. By the time they left their whole attitude about drones changed. They would leave really liking it. They wanted to know how much it cost and where they can get one.
It would be funny because as they where leaving the guy would say I going to buy one when I get home and the wife would turn to him and say no you're not....

Reactions: DCH and DoomMeister
Drone On,

You use the same tactics as I do when approached in public. I’m only flying a Breeze so it is quieter also, but once people see that the video /photo imagery is no different than a cell phone camera most have a change of attitude and like some of the things that are impossible to do with a cell phone (like fly low over a creek or river without getting wet).

When I travel in my golf cart in Florida it would be nice to have an HDTV mounted so people could have a live view of the footage as I fly. It might help dispel the loss of privacy many feel drones impart. I think people would honestly shocked to death if they knew how often they are video recorded each day during their time outside their homes.

Reactions: hcforde
Drone On,

You use the same tactics as I do when approached in public. I’m only flying a Breeze so it is quieter also, but once people see that the video /photo imagery is no different than a cell phone camera most have a change of attitude and like some of the things that are impossible to do with a cell phone (like fly low over a creek or river without getting wet).

When I travel in my golf cart in Florida it would be nice to have an HDTV mounted so people could have a live view of the footage as I fly. It might help dispel the loss of privacy many feel drones impart. I think people would honestly shocked to death if they knew how often they are video recorded each day during their time outside their homes.

Not just being filmed but face recognition software is on the rise bigtime in all venues, public and private.

Reactions: DCH
Not just being filmed but face recognition software is on the rise bigtime in all venues, public and private.

Those poor bas####s that recognize me! The software would retch every time it got a hito_O

That must explain the propensity for hoodies and pants that have the waist almost to the knees.

What is really needed is butt crack recognition software:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: robbie2 and DCH
face recognition software is on the rise bigtime in all venues, public and private.

That must explain the propensity for hoodies and pants that have the waist almost to the knees.

I hope they have figured out that they can't use the baseball cap's orientation for facial reference, ...at least not until they have perfected Ear Recognition and Back-O-the Neck recognition!

What? Did they stop putting labels in baseball caps? Or did people forget the label goes in the back?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval