Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Breeze - Phone/Tablet wifi compatibility list

I have a st10 + station unused, if someone wants to sell it at a good price XD, I have the opportunity to buy a breeze for € 130 but I would buy it only if I can use the station, use the drone with the phone I do not feel like it.

The tablet in the ST-10+ may or may not work to control the Breeze as an Android device. The Play Store is restricted on it.

I can tell you for certain that the sticks will not work to control the Breeze. They are mapped to the RC portion of the controller and the Breeze only uses WiFi control.

Try finding a bind and fly Q500. It would be just the copter and Camera.

If I found a Q500 for $ 150 I did not think so ha ha ha the breeze I bought it for that price.

Please try to set a static IP address when you try to connect you phone to the breeze. Follow these steps:
- Open the system wifi settings while connected to the Breeze
- Find out which IP address you got (could be something like 192.168.42.2; maybe someone could determine that and post it here)
- Disconnect and remove the wifi configuration
- Re-connect, enter password AND set the option from DHCP to Static
- Set the IP address to the one you found out
- Set the Gateway to the IP address of the Breeze (it should be something like 192.168.42.1 when you got .2 above)
- Set the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (which is default)

One some devices (Moto G5+ for instance) it is also required to turn OFF mobile data!

tl;dr;
Hey guys, I don't know if it helps, but on most Android devices with Android 5 and upper there is a system limitation that the wifi connection requires a valid captive portal. As connection-less devices like the Breeze or any other Yuneec don't copter have this, Android won't connect as it tries to stay connected with the network with internet connection, and thus disconnects from the wifi automatically.

Some devices will flash up a message if you want to keep connection, but it won't stay long enough to click on the button.

When the device uses a static configuration you overcome that limitation as Android "thinks" it's okay to have no internet. Some other devices still won't work. In this case, it is the internal routing, which tries to route everything to the internet first, which will fail also. To solve that, you have to disable the mobile data. You can often do that via the quick settings from the system status bar.

On Samsung devices are also quite a lot issues with communication with connection-less devices, so that you have to disable the intelligent network switch (which is actually quite dumb, but that's not the point here).

What yuneec actually have to do is to bind the process of the app to the wifi network and route everything from the app to that wifi. However, this is not that easy and requires a lot of testing with almost every single Android device, because they will behave differently.

Please note: I don't have a Breeze, so I just can assume from the posts what could cause the connection issues, because I have those with my Q500 and I guess that yuneec did the same mistakes here as well. If it doesn't help anyone, simply ignore it :)

I have been trying to connect, turned off the mobile data as you suggested and BAM! UP AND FLYIN;-)) Thanks immensely!!!

Working Devices I've used:
Huawei BTV-DL09 Media Pad

Devices that have been tested NOT WORKING with Yuneec Breeze:

Xiaomi MI A1 - you can see the breeze in the list of available wifi sources, you can connect to it but it does not communicate with the drone. All status indicators and power level indicators are greyed out.

Working Devices I've used:
iPad Mini Generation 1 (A1432)
iPhone SE
iPhone 7+
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"

According to Old Man Photographer, his MOTO G4 5.5" works, but my MOTO G4 Play 5" does NOT work but it is NOT dual band - my bad.

Maybe you can edit your post above to keep all the working models updated in one place as responses are made to this thread?

On The iPhone SE did you get the camera to work too, I am seeing it on but not taking pics or videos or saving them to the galery

Working devices that I have tested:
Note 8 BUT it has to be in airplane mode and after it connects you will get a message under your phone wifi something like it's not connected or it may have connectivity issues. It absolutely does work though and of course you get the audible breeze notification.other units that I have tried that work are (2) note 4's, galaxy 10.1 (the newer version) as well as my zenpad z10.
However I know that one of those also had to be in airplane mode.
I found out about switching the note 8 to airplane mode from talking to customer support as I couldnt believe it wouldn't connect.
All my devices just happened to have 2.4 and 5G so no issues.
Haven't tried my wife's ipad or SE but I'm pretty sure those would work no problem. I've read that the controller needs to be switched over to ios mode though as it comes with android enabled. The first light on the bottom imindicates android and the second indicates ios. Think you hold the power and A button in or something like that to switch between them. I've had no issues with all the controller working all functions and I've tested that you can tilt the camera while flying. HIGHLY recommend the controller. I personally dont like using a phone or tablet in comparison.
Unless you are frequently getting a new android phone it's far better to keep it rather than trade it in. My wife has her older se also as they all still work as wifi devices and are great for using when you want to keep your phone free.
I haven't gotten around to it yet but I'm going to use my phones wifi app to see which device has the best range.

Working devices that I have tested:
Note 8 BUT it has to be in airplane mode and after it connects you will get a message under your phone wifi something like it's not connected or it may have connectivity issues. It absolutely does work though and of course you get the audible breeze notification.other units that I have tried that work are (2) note 4's, galaxy 10.1 (the newer version) as well as my zenpad z10.
However I know that one of those also had to be in airplane mode.
I found out about switching the note 8 to airplane mode from talking to customer support as I couldnt believe it wouldn't connect.
All my devices just happened to have 2.4 and 5G so no issues.
Haven't tried my wife's ipad or SE but I'm pretty sure those would work no problem. I've read that the controller needs to be switched over to ios mode though as it comes with android enabled. The first light on the bottom imindicates android and the second indicates ios. Think you hold the power and A button in or something like that to switch between them. I've had no issues with all the controller working all functions and I've tested that you can tilt the camera while flying. HIGHLY recommend the controller. I personally dont like using a phone or tablet in comparison.
Unless you are frequently getting a new android phone it's far better to keep it rather than trade it in. My wife has her older se also as they all still work as wifi devices and are great for using when you want to keep your phone free.
I haven't gotten around to it yet but I'm going to use my phones wifi app to see which device has the best range.

For Android devices it is best to be in Airplane mode since they are not able to do Live Streaming with Breeze Cam. The same goes for iOS if you are not Live Streaming.

Switching modes on the Bluetooth controller is simple, just power on in the mode you need to use:
Android - Power+A
iOS - Power+Y

I'm confused then about what you mean by live streaming. Assuming you mean they do live streaming when in airplane mode. My note 4's and one of the tablets will connect wifi to drone without airplane mode but I have currently only flown with the note 8 so far. Am I missing what actual live streaming with basically no delay is then?
Still need to test my different devices wifi ranges.

Just to be clear I can easily feel the reset push in and I am doing it properly. Read and watched videos on it and I'm holding it in at least a few seconds before powering on and then easily over 5 seconds before letting off the reset before powering off a few seconds after that.
I thought that I would at the very least see the name on wifi come up as the original drone number but I dont.

Last edited:
Live streaming is the ability to stream video to Facebook, YouTube, etc. while flying your Breeze. It is only available using the iOS version of Breeze Cam and is setup using the icon that looks like a radiating antenna at the top, just left of center when you are in Task mode.

218C65CA-F5CC-4146-B84D-12B3CA278F17.jpeg
Circled in red.

Last edited:
Ahhh. I feel pretty stupid right now. Thought you meant live streaming to phone/tablet.

:oops::cool: You must have read the ultimately complete Yuneec manual for the Breeze.:rolleyes: If you had to carry water in it, you would die of thirst. :p

So, the LG/Google Nexus 5 (that is a 2016 phone with Android 6.1 and a smallish display...) works EXCELLENTLY with the Breeze. Out of three Android devices I have tried by now, this is by far the best. It connects fast, works flawlessly with the Bluetooth controller, and the range is great! It took my right to the geofence at 100m without any hiccup in the video. Neither my more modern MOTO G5s (Android 7.1.1) nor my recently purchased cheap tablet (Alldocube Freer X9 - cheap but rather powerful, and an excellent screen) would be able to do that. Their reliable range with good video is more in the 50m area, and with the MOTO, there would even be control range issues.
The MOTO G5s also only occasionally connects to the Bluetooth controller, and more severely, it has had rather frequent total losses of connection to the Breeze even at rather short distances.
The X9 connects fine and smoothly to the Breeze, control is good, but signal strength drops fast and video breakup occurs. I have not tried the BT controller on the X9, obviously.

In sum, I will now only use the Nexus 5 for flying the Breeze. I had replaced it with the MOTO for actual smartphone use and then borrowed the Nexus out to a friend until recently. After the relationship of MOTO and Breeze was really not a happy one, I thought I would try the Nexus with BreezeCam, AND IT ROCKS! This is now a totally different flying experience, both because of being able to use the controller and because of the really good video stream. I had started to get frustrated with the Breeze, but today I was converted to a big fan.

Great news robbie2! Glad you found a match that works very well for you.

I think design decisions by the engineers on the placement of antennas and choices of external case materials are making huge differences in the transmission patterns of our phones. Add to that mix the protective cases we add to help protect our investment in phones that cost hundreds of dollars and it ends up being a crap shoot on the WiFi connectivity we can maintain with the Breeze.

Thanks for your informative report!

Great news robbie2! Glad you found a match that works very well for you.

I think design decisions by the engineers on the placement of antennas and choices of external case materials are making huge differences in the transmission patterns of our phones. Add to that mix the protective cases we add to help protect our investment in phones that cost hundreds of dollars and it ends up being a crap shoot on the WiFi connectivity we can maintain with the Breeze.

Thanks for your informative report!

Case and antenna design are certainly big factors. I was surprised to see the tablet - which I thought would have a much larger, more capable antenna - having poorer reception than the small Nexus. But the tablet has a full metal shell... I am not using covers/cases on any of the devices when flying, by the way.

The other thing that could be important is Wifi protocol 'design'. I guess that all three of my devices have different Wifi chips and drivers, and all are using (slightly) different Android versions. Signal timings, handshakes, treatment of dropped data frames, and whatever, can be different across these implementations, and only a real expert would ever understand what is going on...

Reactions: DoomMeister
I use a Amazon fire 7 tablet and a Samsung j3 orbit cellphone.
I haven't had any problems with either with my breeze drone. But there are some other phones that work great with the breeze.☺

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval