Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec YES Extended Warranties and Crash Forgiveness

Reaction score
I am happy to let you know that today Yuneec USA launched its YES! (Yuneec Extended Service) program. These programs are available for the Breeze and the Typhoon H line. These are no deductible plans. There are two flavors.

1. Extended warranty
a. This plan extends the warranty for a second year
2. Crash forgiveness
a. Up to two non-warranty crashes repaired at no additional charge
b. 50% off labor for any additional non-warranty repairs

Both plans provide either a 20% or 30% discount on the purchase of a drone at the end of your term, if you never had to exercise your plan.

You can find more information on the program page on our web site.

YES! Plan Information

I see now, thanks.

I think I will get the crash forgiveness since I'm new and just starting out. Some piece of mind. At least for the first year.

Hi Gunny, To me it is a little unclear with the "Yes Crash Forgiveness". It states "1 Year warranty with Unlimited manufacturer defect repairs and up to 2 Non-Warranty repairs.". Whereas the YES! Extended Warranty. States "Extends the current one (1) year warranty to two (2) years." Does Crash Forgiveness extended service include the second year warranty also or does it just cover the crashes over the first year under the existing one year warranty?

Does it also cover the ST16?

Is the extended service transferable?

Last edited:
Any idea if I could purchase it right after I called in with a non warranty repair, but before the drone actually gets sent in? I believe my repair will be more then $299.

Hi Gunny, To me it is a little unclear with the "Yes Crash Forgiveness". It states "1 Year warranty with Unlimited manufacturer defect repairs and up to 2 Non-Warranty repairs.". Whereas the YES! Extended Warranty. States "Extends the current one (1) year warranty to two (2) years." Does Crash Forgiveness extended service include the second year warranty also or does it just cover the crashes over the first year under the existing one year warranty?

The two year warranty is just an extension of the warranty that comes with your H, from one years to two. No accident coverage. The one year accident warranty is simultaneous with the warranty that comes with your drone and covers up to two non-warranty repairs. After that your next accident is covered for 50% of the cost.

Can I buy both plans and use both the discounts on two separate models in the future? Or is it one and done?

I have the Typhoon RealSense model. I feel like these plans are over priced considering Yuneec has supposedly be doing what those plans cover since the beginning for the first year. Even Fly Aways are covered in the first year. Other than the 2 non warranty fixes and maybe the discounts I don't really see the value in these plans. For the RealSense model I would be paying $578. That's a hefty price for something that will be obsolete in 2 years and there is still speculation on whether or not Yuneec will even be producing anything viable by then... Just my thoughts. If I can be sold on the plans I may consider them. But I'd have to see from Yuneec directly that their current 1 year free plan is actually not as good.

here we go again .. all us early adopters ( beta testers ) lol .. i bought my H the day it was released so that means i can not buy this plain .....

they just keep screwing the people who helped them succeed ..

Actually I think @sibelius mentions in his video that Yuneec is extending the warranty plans so that for the next few weeks early adopters can buy as well.

Actually I think @sibelius mentions in his video that Yuneec is extending the warranty plans so that for the next few weeks early adopters can buy as well.

well you're both right. If you bought your H before 8/6/16 I don't think it's eligible for the service plans. But any purchased after that date would be. So, I've got two of them but I can only get coverage for one.

That's how the gal with Yuneec sales explained it to me the day the program was released anyway. It wouldn't hurt to have someone corroborate that.

Reactions: uidzero
well you're both right. If you bought your H before 8/6/16 I don't think it's eligible for the service plans. But any purchased after that date would be. So, I've got two of them but I can only get coverage for one.

That's how the gal with Yuneec sales explained it to me the day the program was released anyway. It wouldn't hurt to have someone corroborate that.

Well, it'd be tremendously beneficial if Yuneec actually explained this on their web page, which they don't which is typical with Yuneec; they like to leave things to interpretation so they can say "NO" to fixing problems. Yuneec continues to be inconsistent and this is NOT good. Why would I want to by $500+ in warranty plans (H w/RS) when there is no real clarity on when I can buy it and how long it will last if I'm already a month or two into owning my H? Does the plan only last 10 months then? And the other 22 months? Need more specifics.

I would also like to know if I buy both plans, can I use both discounts for a new Yuneec product or can I use both discounts for two separate products?

I can't believe this is the first I ever heard that I get ANY free crash fixes for my H in the first year. My first crash right off the bat just broke the camera gimble and I fixed that myself. This last crash broke the gimble a little more drastically, I had to order parts but still fixed it myself. Once I got the H back in the air for a shakeout flight I found the Smart flight mode was skewed 90 degrees - input to move to the right sent the drone forward. Input to go forward sent the drone to the left. I thought at first I was in Angle mode and had mistaken the orientation of the H, but it was definitely set to Smart mode and not being all that smart about it. I was psyching myself up for a steep learning curve on fixing that issue, but if I'm understanding correctly, since I bought the H only 5 months ago it should still be under a warranty that covers two repairs the first year. I didn't see that information anywhere when I bought it.

I can't believe this is the first I ever heard that I get ANY free crash fixes for my H in the first year.

That's because you don't. You pay extra for the plan that provides that.. and that plan was only *just* announced within the past week.

but if I'm understanding correctly, since I bought the H only 5 months ago it should still be under a warranty that covers two repairs the first year. I didn't see that information anywhere when I bought it.

Repairs for defects in workmanship, yes.. not for crashes. And you'd have to have already gotten the plan in order to be able to use it.

I can't believe this is the first I ever heard that I get ANY free crash fixes for my H in the first year. My first crash right off the bat just broke the camera gimble and I fixed that myself. This last crash broke the gimble a little more drastically, I had to order parts but still fixed it myself. Once I got the H back in the air for a shakeout flight I found the Smart flight mode was skewed 90 degrees - input to move to the right sent the drone forward. Input to go forward sent the drone to the left. I thought at first I was in Angle mode and had mistaken the orientation of the H, but it was definitely set to Smart mode and not being all that smart about it. I was psyching myself up for a steep learning curve on fixing that issue, but if I'm understanding correctly, since I bought the H only 5 months ago it should still be under a warranty that covers two repairs the first year. I didn't see that information anywhere when I bought it.

To expand on what uidzero stated, from what I understand Yuneec offers a full 1 year warranty with any new purchase of their products. With that any crash that is related to a system fault is covered. And from what I understand, the ST16 is also covered if it is not calibrated or set up right. During the first year if you have an issue with the ST16 then you can call Yuneec and they will either walk you through a process or ask you to send it back to them.

From what I am understanding regarding the plans is that the "Yes! Crash Forgiveness" plan is basically exactly the same as the free 1 year warranty that comes with the product. The only difference is that you get up to 2 crashes that are user error or poor judgement that will be covered under the plan. So really you are paying over $250 for the assurance of that 2 crashes will be fixed no questions asked. Is that worth it?....

The Crash Forgiveness plan provides up to 2 non-warranty repairs. Thereafter, non-warranty repairs will receive a 50% discount on labor. This plan sits on top of our 1 year warranty. It does not extend it. Owners still receive all warranty repairs during the warranty period at no charge.

The extended warranty does just that. It extends the warranty to 2 years.

Yes. The ST16 is covered under these.

Yes. The plans stay with the drone, regardless of owner.

Well, it'd be tremendously beneficial if Yuneec actually explained this on their web page, which they don't which is typical with Yuneec; they like to leave things to interpretation so they can say "NO" to fixing problems. Yuneec continues to be inconsistent and this is NOT good. Why would I want to by $500+ in warranty plans (H w/RS) when there is no real clarity on when I can buy it and how long it will last if I'm already a month or two into owning my H? Does the plan only last 10 months then? And the other 22 months? Need more specifics.

I would also like to know if I buy both plans, can I use both discounts for a new Yuneec product or can I use both discounts for two separate products?
We apologize if the announcement caused any confusion. For the next 90 days these plans can be added to any H or Breeze purchased after 8/8/2016. Plans purchased for any product that was purchased prior to the announcement will start on the day pf purchase. After 11/8/2017 plans must be purchased within 90 days of your drone purchase. These plans will have a start date that matches the drone purchase date.

If both plans are purchased you can use both discounts. Only one at a time can be applied to a drone purchase. You could receive 20% off one drone purchase and 30% off another.

Hope this helps clear things up

Reactions: sibelius

Your statement is correct

To expand on what uidzero stated, from what I understand Yuneec offers a full 1 year warranty with any new purchase of their products. With that any crash that is related to a system fault is covered. And from what I understand, the ST16 is also covered if it is not calibrated or set up right. During the first year if you have an issue with the ST16 then you can call Yuneec and they will either walk you through a process or ask you to send it back to them.

From what I am understanding regarding the plans is that the "Yes! Crash Forgiveness" plan is basically exactly the same as the free 1 year warranty that comes with the product. The only difference is that you get up to 2 crashes that are user error or poor judgement that will be covered under the plan. So really you are paying over $250 for the assurance of that 2 crashes will be fixed no questions asked. Is that worth it?....
Thank you for clearing that up. It sounded too good to be true. Guess I'd best call them and see if this is a system fault or is caused by something I did or didn't do. I'm pretty sure I don't want to everything about the hocus-pocus embodied in the telemetry files and operating system, any more than I care to understand every command protocol and sensor and specification it takes to keep my car running. I just want to fly......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval