Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3d mapping software for typhoon H?

DroneDeploy does 3D mapping, agricultural, construction site survey, altitude, measurements, volume estimates. It will accept data from the typhoon H. Must be JPEG and have lat. long and altitude. Which the meta data from the H provides. They have a free signup and full access for 30 days to try the software. If you do shoot for the software I have found the best results by just manually shooting, which is actually all we have. On some mapping projects you may shoot 200-800 photos, your thumb will get tired. We need time lapse feature to make the H a real solid mapping machine. A 2 to 5 second (firmware update) time lapse would let you just fly and let the camera fire away. The Jpegs are uploaded straight into the software. Check it out www.dronedeploy.com. It is easier with the P4 because the software was designed for it, but the mapping software works with our Typhoon H also and allows us to map. Give it a free trial.

Photoscan is another good APP for 3D topographical maps, shortcoming of Yuneec H is that it has no time lapse for shooting stills as you fly across areas for constructing your map...creating custom routes is easily done with CCC editor for typhoon H - by Eric EMMANUEL, Yuneec will eventually suffer from not reaching out and supporting 3rd party developers in this area...I guess the user base (us) must start lobbying more aggressively. In agricultural areas in the USA farmers and all sorts of other vocations want these tools but need off the shelf solutions like DJI partners offer instead of piecing together bits and bobs. A good start would be time lapse or an app which allows time lapse. I'm trying to find something worthwhile to document climate change for my work in Iceland with my H. Another great APP for keeping things inorder and provide mapping assistance is Flight Center found here: Feersum Flight Center - Yuneec ST-16

Last edited:
Reactions: Blax and DroneClone
I want to know the same thing, is there any way to use the real sense data, or camera from the real sense?

At the moment, there isn't an SDK for the Typhoon, and no-one seems to have had time to hack the real sense module.

This thread is quite old and out of date, so the information isn't terribly accurate. The photos from the Typhoon are now geo-tagged, and the firmware now includes a timelapse mode. You can fly a grid scan mission, and import the photos into most of the 3D photogrammetry tools to get a point cloud, 3D model and orthomosaic. What we're missing is a mapping tool that has a good grid scan function - as the author of Feersum Flight Center (which is now UAV Toolbox), I can tell you that it's something I'm keen to work on after the upcoming release. I'd be very surprised if we didn't see more tools coming out when the Typhoon H520 is released.

Reactions: photomike72

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my