Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A situation developed after repairs were rendered on a Tyhoon H, by me.

Nice work!... which direction does the light project from this board? It looks like it points straight down? and did you say strobe?
Yes the strobe basically points straight down. The unit is parallel to the ground and the two LED stobe bulbs are on the bottom,but I believe that the lights may be seen ( especially in strobe mode) out to the horizon also.

Reactions: Mechanic
Nice work!... which direction does the light project from this board? It looks like it points straight down? and did you say strobe?
Yes this unit has a few light settings, but it is best as a strobe. I can't see right for a few minutes after looking at it. The unit is parallel to the ground, but the LED bulbs basically aren't blocked by the holding part so I believe the strobe will be seen almost out horizontally.

The original ST16 is your best chance. As we discussed before, the refurb may have issues. I had hoped you would give the refurb on chance, and then try the original. It may not help, but it may. And it would allow me to quit being focused on it as the potential solution.

The original ST16 is your best chance. As we discussed before, the refurb may have issues. I had hoped you would give the refurb on chance, and then try the original. It may not help, but it may. And it would allow me to quit being focused on it as the potential solution.
Attached is my flight log for today. First chance that I got to try it with work, weather and restrictions. Its only about 30 minutes, with my original ST16, no props, with camera.
I agree that I think the refurb ST16 is bad. Talked to Vertigo Drones today and they sent a mailer to me to send it back for a replacement. Standing behind their products.
Again thanks for every bodies help. Next I will try a flight. If that all goes smoothly I'm going to install the Real Sense Modual that I bought. Take care. Be safe.

Attachments

• FlightLog_4-3-20[1].zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 13
I think in the end (I hope) my H GPS module battery was the issue. When I replaced it with a new GPS module I should have done only that one thing to see if it was the issue. Instead I also went with the Refurb ST16 and that lead me down the wrong path. I hope I'm on the road to recovery.

I hope so. The computer I am on has a glitch, and I haven't downloaded the flightlog yet. I'll have access to a normal computer soon, and take a look at it.

I don't like what I see. There is a very long phase with GPS not ready, followed by alternating not ready/ready and the last 3min the GPS is ready.
Strange behaviour, I have not seen this up to now.
ScreenshotSchnellanalyse_1.png

No clue what it is. The only thing, again it alternates with C-GPS (the controller GPS flag in IMU status). The drone GPS is always on. Recorded coordinates looking plausible, gpsAccH looks good after 40sec initialisation.
ST16 records coordinates too. The accuracy seems not the best. Altitude seems to be 166m but changes between 158m and 174m (~ +/-8m).
Also the location drifts between 0 and 10m. This is not unusual because the ST16 GPS antenna is often covered by pilot. But in same circumstances my both ST16 have not that behaviour on the C-GPS flag in IMU status.

What I also have seen are glitches in altitude at the same time the IMU status changes. It is not so clearly seen because of the dual band telemetry. Could you please make tests without camera? Camera sends telemetry data via WiFi with latency. This gives a lot of unneccessay disturbing data sets.

Currently I have no clue what this could be. Did you tried to create a new model and bind it?

br HE

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DoomMeister
I will try it without the camera and send telemetry. Thank you.
yes, I did create a new model.
Tell me if I'm correct, it seems to me that you are saying the H seems okay, but that the ST16 may be the issue?
If it is the controller, I was able to send back the refurbished one that I was having issues with and they are to send me another one.
Then there will be another ST16 to try out.
Thanks again.

it seems to me that you are saying the H seems okay, but that the ST16 may be the issue
No, not really. It's still not clear what causes the problem. From RemoteGPS files from the ST16 all looks fine for the ST16. But in IMU status the flag for controller GPS is alternating. I did not see this behaviour in other Typhoon H flight logs.

br HE

Should I try and clean the flight controller like was talked about earlier. Gently pry off the flight controller and clean with tooth brush/Q tip and alcohol?
This is after I try it without the camera.
Thanks.

Should I try and clean the flight controller like was talked about earlier. Gently pry off the flight controller and clean with tooth brush/Q tip and alcohol?
This is after I try it without the camera.
Thanks.
I don’t think cleaning would be necessary for that. Just the act of remove and replace a couple of times should take care of that unless you are seeing a filmy look to the pins in the connector.

h-elsner, What flight log was your latest report from? I just looked at the ppt. Is the title of the flight log the "OldST16"?
The latest flight Log that I think seemed good, connected quickly, flew for a minute or two. Its the FlightLog_4-3-20.zip.

Post #64 has the latest Flight Log. Sorry for the multiple posts.
I hope that this flight log (if its not the one you used) works.
Thanks

This is newer telemetry from a different location, I got good, quick GPS connection and flew for a minute of two before I had to pack up due to rain.

This is newer telemetry from a different location, I got good, quick GPS connection and flew for a minute of two before I had to pack up due to rain.
What do you mean with quick GPS connection? I see 11min waiting then a flight for one and a half minutes.
ScreenshotSchnellanalyse_41.png

And by the way, the battery is poor or too cold. Voltage breaks down on its knee too fast after arming the drone.

br HE

Well, 11 minutes is quick lately. I also move a few miles from the last location. So I thought that was good. I flew for 1 1/2 minutes because it stated to rain. It wasn't cold out (50 F). I don't know what voltage breaks down on its knee too fast means. Is that a term for the voltage curve? Are you saying that I may have a bad battery? Thanks

00041: Without load (drone switched on but idle) the voltage is 16.5V. Only 30sec after arming it is down to 15.3V. This is too low and indicates a high internal resistance of the battery. Reasons:
- battery too cold,
- battery old,
- defect cell,
- or a mix of those.

Here is an example from two of my Q500 batteries, old vs. new:
Old_vs_new_Lipo_voltage.png
The old battery has reduced flight time, not enough power when needed (i.e. wind) and the characteristic voltage drop at load.

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss