Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A situation developed after repairs were rendered on a Tyhoon H, by me.

Thank you for the explanation. I did go and look at the 00041: data. The little that I understood about the battery level I did see what I guess you called a knee. I really wouldn't know if that's a normal "knee". I'm thinking that you will see "knees" with every battery, but mine must be a bad one. That battery was bought new, as far as I know, on line over a year ago. Its one of those Ultrax batteries. I do know some about battery care so I bought a good charger the "Hitec RCD X2 AC Plus Black Edition Multi-Function AC/DC Charger". I believe my problem may have been that my drone, batteries, GPS battery sat unused for too long. The batteries weren't in a storage charge. I hope that I've learned my lesson. Also, I'm not on-line everyday. So if I don't reply right away (or for a long time, sometimes) its just that life would have gotten in the way. Thanks for the help. other than the battery how did the rest of the 00041 data look?

Another Strobe Mount for attaching to the Rotor Arm

Last edited:
Did you tested with or without camera? I would like to see if behaviour changed if cam was removed. Just a try into the blue.
Was to drone pointed to north when you took screenshot? Yaw is different.
GPS signal strength is very good. Looks perfect as WTFDproject already said.

... that's the point.
GPS module changed but the problem persists when I understand right. So, the probability that the root cause was the GPS module is very low.
I would focus now on the mainboard. Never tried, but is ist possible to flash the same drone firmware again? I would try this.

br HE
Its been awhile. Just been hunkered down at home. Hope all are healthy and safe.
I should have two good ST16 controllers now. The refurbished one was replaced with another one that was tested first.
I was able to get out today with my original ST16 and the H without the camera. It seemed really good, quick GPS lock, put the props on and flew around a little. Issue that happened on my first flight this year occurred again. This is what made me think of getting another ST16. I would input throttle down and the H would not come down. Like before I had to use RTH for it to land.
I used the flight analyzer and I think it shows CH0 (throttle) with input to land and altitude not changing until I use RTH.
I will try the refurbished controller next. Any help with throttle issue as always is appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• FlightLog_4-25-20_Origin.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 2
What position is the rate slider in when this happens? Next time make sure you have it in rabbit mode. RTH bypasses that and is able to apply full down throttle signal even if the rate slider is in turtle position.

I'm pretty sure it was in rabbit mode.
At least I always try to be sure its in rabbit mode.
I tried finding the corresponding channel in the flight analyzer to show in the "quick analysis". I couldn't find the K3 slider from the ST16 as a channel to see if I was in rabbit or turtle mode. I will take special note next flight. Do you think that I may not given the H enough time to fully update GPS data?
Attached is a screen shot of what I thought was important. As you may know I am very new to interpreting this data. I may not have or be using this correctly. My interpretation is that this shows me trying to throttle down without any appreciable altitude loss. Once I activated the RTH the H climbed to my set RTH altitude of 75 feet and them slowly lowered to a landing as designed.
Thanks

Attachments

• Throttle-Altitude-RTH.png
    Throttle-Altitude-RTH.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 10
The time period from 25:10 to 26:50 shows evidence of the TH not responding to throttle down stick input. Throttle is shown to be full deflection in the down direction.

You are correct that the rate slider is not displayed in telemetry. That signal is not sent out of the controller and stays internal to the ST16 circuitry. It’s effect is usually seen by deduction.

@PSUTEX,
Were you using any of the advanced flight modes, like orbit, CCC, etc, on this flight? The flight pattern looks unusually regular, and a couple almost perfect circles, is why I ask.

Some additional thoughts:
Flight 43 (Original Controller, 04/25/20, ~3:15PM)
I notice the response did not die abruptly. Starting about 15:25, control response was significantly reduced, but continued to show some effect until about 15:27. Overall signal strength was very good during this time, but I wonder how much control was being sent. The RF unit is sending the signal, but the actual control comes from the controller mainboard to the RF unit on one of four wires. Just a thought, but if the wire contacts have some corrosion on them, it would not show up directly on the data. The stick input would be recorded, because it's on the controller mainboard. The overall signal strength would be recorded, because that's coming from the RF module itself. That leaves the various points where signal TOO the drone is on different hardware conductors than the signal FROM the drone. Since the overall RF telemetry is good, I doubt the issue is in the Drone RF. But it is possible it is in the controller RF, with a particular suspicion it is in one of the four wires between the Controller Main Board and the Controller RF unit. I won't guess which of the four. Two are power, one is signal in, the other is signal out. But Yuneec swaps colors around between models, and I have not looked at this for the ST16. (For what it's worth, it was the white wire on Q500)

Again, not much to go on in the actual data. This idea is based on "reading between the lines" of the data. But it would be easy enough to clean the connectors, check the continuity, check the solder, wiggle the antenna connectors, and see if the issue goes away.

ST16 General View.jpg ST16 SR24 Module.jpg

The Servo ways are +/- 100%. That means the slider was definately in rabbit mode. Turtle would show limitation max 60%.
No task modes. This was flown manually, if I see that right.

The altitute follows the throttle until it reachs ~2.5m. Strange. It looks like it do not want to go deeper, but is climbing with no problems (15:26:11 - 15:26:14).
The reason for that strange behaviour I would rather search in the aircraft, IMU or other sensors. It looks like a problem with landing detection.

Did you have already calibrated the accelerometer? There is somewhere a video how to do that in-air. Rumours say that procedure should be better than the on-the-ground version.

Thoughts:
IMU heater may be defective. I have heard that the IMU doesn't like lower temperatures. The IMU-heater is on the MCU-board. If this would be the problem, a new MCU board is pretty expensive. Nothing I would be replace by chance. But there is no other way to find it out. I'm not sure, if the pressure sensor temperature may an indicator here.

br HE

I haven't been online or flown for awhile. Thanks for all the thoughts.
I have not used orbit or CCC yet. If I did take off I was usually doing a figure eight or just a circle. I think my issue is down to two things . One is that my batteries seems to drop off quickly, minor issue right now.The second more worrisome issue is the lack of throttle response to land or reduce altitude. I will attache to flights, one from my original ST16 (O) and one from my newer replaced, refurbished ST16 (R). Since both have the throttle problem I wonder if its an aircraft issue. I havent put up my landing gear. Do you think they need to go up and down to reset landing? Thanks.

Attachments

• FlightLog_5-2-20_(O).zip
    14.2 MB · Views: 0
  • FlightLog_5_3_20-(R).zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1