Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

B4UFly

Wow! I passed my test with an 87% on the first try, but in the course I bought online (not gonna say which one, but it is very popular) there was a whole lecture on radio communications with control towers, specifically how to announce address different people such as , tower, station, departures, incoming, etc.)

I feel kinda silly, I had figured out a call sign and everything, lol. [emoji23]

Thanks to all,

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wow! I passed my test with an 87% on the first try, but in the course I bought online (not gonna say which one, but it is very popular) there was a whole lecture on radio communications with control towers, specifically how to announce address different people such as , tower, station, departures, incoming, etc.)

I feel kinda silly, I had figured out a call sign and everything, lol. [emoji23]

Thanks to all,

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Congratulations, Good Job!:)

Heard about that, Thanks for the details, So I assume it is still requesting a standard COA for awhile still?:)

I have recently learned that I was wrong. Starting next month you will not be able to call the airport (ATC) for permission for Part 107 flights in controlled airspace. You will have to fill out the Waiver/Authorization form on the FAA/UAS website to request permission.
Here is an article that explains it.
Here's The Future Of UAS ATC - Drone Business Center

Here is the FAA order
http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Order/FAA_JO_7200_23_2.pdf
What about hobbyist flying?

Bill W.

I read that if it is in relation to flying in controlled airspace a waiver can be valid for up to four years.
Also that the area covered can be diametrically determined from a center point.
Could a waiver be obtained for all airports in a given geographical area for a lengthy period of time (start date to end date)?

this app sucks! it doesnt even load anything on 5 of my phones. IF it works for you, pls let me know what phones you are using.

is there a website that i can go directly to? im shocked the FAA doesnt have something like google maps online of no fly zones highlighted.
also, do i still need permission to fly at local parks (when no one is there) under 50ft? i wouldnt even know who to ask for permission to fly....

update
=====
it finally worked on my phone today. i had to terminate Google Maps. then gps was available for the b4ufly app. once the gps is available, the app works properly and all. otherwise, no gps, no deal. hope this helps others...
I have it on my Samsung S7 and it works.

Reactions: Mike_Flys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11