Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Balancing props on the Typhoon H

Now that plenty people have their H how are the props.... Do they need balanced or good to go?

Haven't even gotten that far. just trying to fiqure out all the info Yuneec doesn't explain, But my "Balance" tool , is how steady she hoovers and fly's. with six rotors are you going actually get all balanced just perfect? Do not think so! And with plastic props, the minute the thrust of one lift off occures, believe me; they are stressed somewhat out of shape. Have you ever seen a slow mo of the props in flight, it is simular to how they look in prop wash, when they show up in videos you film, really tweaked out of shape. lest of my worries now. But nothing wrong in doing this if it makes you feel better and safer!:rolleyes:

Reactions: Eagle2508
I didn't do any Prop balancing for my Phantom, and normally I think it is not necessary.
The Props should be balanced before shipping out. Right? Otherwise, the Prop quality would be questionable.

These are plastic molded props and will be somewhat out of balance, not a lot but some.

I have not balanced mine but they appear to be in decent shape as there is no undue vibration that I can detect

Will have to create an adaptor. Need the prop so I can design and print one one the 3D printer.
This would be nice. Drone thing is a new chapter for me but I know how important to 'balance' my arrows. So I think will invest in a good balancer not too much of a deal, but adapter is pain in ...

Here we go again on this subject,Don't bother if you have no experience.I check mine,we discussed this earlier and most have agreed since the H is a Hex it should be fine.Now high speed Fpv that's different,My 250 Storm Buster being built has 1000 gram thrust motors being installed up From 600,props turning that hard it's a must.

Will have to create an adaptor. Need the prop so I can design and print one one the 3D printer.

Would it really be possible to 3D print the entire prop including the quick release? If so I might need to look into getting a printer.

I don't know that you would want to fly with a 3D printed prop at this time and it is a **** of a lot cheaper to just buy the props. 3D printers and filament is not exactly cheap.

Holy crap that's bad advice. Yes you can mechanically balance your props, weight is weight, it doesn't magically equalize it's self just because its rotating. Same reason you balance your tires. and yes you can get all six balanced perfectly, **** you can get as many as you want balanced perfectly. And no they don't get "stressed somewhat out of shape"

Less than 90 days on this forum and you have over 1229 posts? roughly 14 posts a day? wow
Not advice , It's what "I" choose to do ! you can file them down to a tooth pick over time if you please!

Since i have start with Phantom1 balanced props with some tape on backside, i do...And it all time have helped to minimize vibrations on quad and hex and to minimize Jello-Effects and other shakes in my filming. The most plastic props from different companies are not well balanced. And why not help your flying machine and gimbal to get not in stress with vibrations? ;-)

Since i have start with Phantom1 balanced props with some tape on backside, i do...And it all time have helped to minimize vibrations on quad and hex and to minimize Jello-Effects and other shakes in my filming. The most plastic props from different companies are not well balanced. And why not help your flying machine and gimbal to get not in stress with vibrations? ;-)
No problem, your choice, Safe Flying!

Holy crap that's bad advice. Yes you can mechanically balance your props, weight is weight, it doesn't magically equalize it's self just because its rotating. Same reason you balance your tires. and yes you can get all six balanced perfectly, **** you can get as many as you want balanced perfectly. And no they don't get "stressed somewhat out of shape"

Less than 90 days on this forum and you have over 1229 posts? roughly 14 posts a day? wow
Less than a week on here and you're badmouthing well-liked members?! You might want to work on your delivery. It stinks.

Reactions: DroneClone
You could allso point the amount of likes received and it would be clear DC contributes a lot to the forum.
I may not agree with the prop balancing thing but that is the exception rather than the rule

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430