Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery or Charger Problems

Reaction score
Hi All

I am new to the Typhoon and I am concerned that I may have a battery problem. Nor am I an electrical engineer! So any help from those of you with far greater experience than me would be great.

I have 3 batteries and after a flight a few days ago whenever I put them in the charger I get the blue flashing error code and a tone. So effectively I am grounded at the moment! Note this is the standard issue charger that comes with the unit.

I have just tested the voltages of the batteries and they are as follows:

Individual Cell Voltages
Battery Number C1 C2 C3 C4
1 3.8 3.79 3.79 3.8
2 4.12 4.12 4.12 4.11
3 4.14 4.13 4.13 4.13

With my rudimentary knowledge as far as I can tell these batteries are fine and its most likely the charger that's at fault?

Can any one confirm that these voltages look fine?

I am waiting for an answer from Yuneec UK but they are not being very responsive at the moment!

Reaction score
Those voltages look fine. I assume the one at 3.8 is after usage.
By your user name, I assume you are a fellow kayaker?

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
A fully charged cell is 4.2 volts. Storage voltage is about 3.7.

Reaction score
Those voltages look fine. I assume the one at 3.8 is after usage.
By your user name, I assume you are a fellow kayaker?
RiverRunner, thanks for that, gives me confidence when dealing with the retailer. Yes the 3.8 is after usage and yes I am a kayaker albeit nothing challengeing just sit on tops on calm rivers!

Reaction score
By way of an update, I went back to my local supplier and after lots of testing there were two issues - a dodgy charger and it appears that the contacts were sensitive to oxidation. So a bit of a rub with the end of a voltage checker and they were fine. I think in due course I am going to invest in a decent charger and adpter (as now sold by yuneec). The charger that comes with the Typhoon H seems a bit shoddy.

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
But they are cheap to make and barely adequate, therefore fulfilling a requirement to provide "a" charger;)

Your battery cell voltages looked real good.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gustavo.Leo