Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BREEZE!! GEOFENCE +500M

I feel compelled to let you know that you have added joy to many Breeze owners, and those numbers will increase. You have expanded the horizons for this little drone and made it and much more enjoyable to fly. You must be a computer genius to have figured out how to modify the Breeze Cam app so successfully.

I pray that you will find sufficient time to continue to improve the app. It would be wonderful if the app could retain the elevation and distance settings without needing to reset them during subsequent flights.

But I'm not complaining. Even if nothing else is done to improve the modified app, it is far better than the original. Thank you and God bless you.

Dennis from Michigan

Thanks a lot for your words, I think I'm going to shock a lot of people, ... I'm not a hacker, I have a medium knowledge in computer language, it was not difficult to modify the application because there is no advanced cryptography in android applications, I used an application called " apk editor pro "after decompressing the apk in readable format by programmers, it is easy to modify searching for keywords, as I know how to program it was not difficult ... after I found the variables, it is only modify ...

Reactions: Prayingdsr
Regardless we all appreciate what you have done. I doubt yuneec will be doing any more updates and even if they did they wouldnt unlock the settings like you did.
I wonder why the yaw and climb rate are not easily accessible.
I find it weird that when I use the controller the camera tilts slow but when you use a phone it tilts fast. Is it the same for iOS? It has always done this and has nothing to do with your update.

Just to add my experience after - finally - being able to fly with the modded app. It was as good as everyone else's here. I didn't really go far beyond the default limits for now, because testing wasn't the priority for these flights, but the added speed is really nice.

As others, I think it would be great if the yaw speed would be changed. But I can imagine why this not possible, as the original app does not have yaw speed as a variable.

Anyways, my thanks go to @dsduarte02!

Breeze Cam version 1.4.7.2 - wesleybp (not Official)

LINK: Breeze_cam_1.4.7.2.apk

Hello everyone, I made some changes and corrections in the modified version of our friend "dsduarte02". All modifications of the "dsduarte02" version are maintained (Height, distance and speed)

Modifications:

- Geo Fence Setup: The Max.distance (HEIGHT) information was modified to Max.Height and the Max.Distance (DISTANCE) information was maintained.

- The photos (screens) were changed.

- The version number is shown in the ABOUT tab.

- It is not necessary to uninstall the previous version, because Android will understand that it is an update.

Any new modification in the app I will change the number version. This will make the evolution of the modified app more organized with a history of modifications.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-17-06-27-31.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-17-06-27-31.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_2019-04-17-06-27-22.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-17-06-27-22.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_2019-04-17-06-29-00.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-17-06-29-00.png
    942.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_2019-04-17-06-27-48.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-17-06-27-48.png
    934.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
News: Breeze Cam 1.4.7.3 - wesleyp (not official)

Modifications:
All changes of 1.4.7.2 and:

Distance Between take off point center in SELFIE, ORBIT and JOURNEY Modes, can now be set to 40 mts. (before it was 20 mts)

Take Off altitude can now be set to 4 meters. (before it was 2mts)

LINK : Breeze_cam_1.4.7.3.apk

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-17-12-10-19.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-17-12-10-19.png
    80 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_2019-04-17-14-39-33.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-17-14-39-33.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Newbie question. The apk has to be done on an Android phone/tablet. Do you have to apply a patch on the program or just run this program.

He said in his update to fix the modded apk that you can just install it over the existing.
What I did on all my devices was uninstall the OEM and then install the new modded one and this new one installs over that one just fine and it worked on 3 android tablets and 3 android phones.

Man that's just great for another new update already! Cant wait to do some testing this afternoon.

Reactions: Poppi
Newbie question. The apk has to be done on an Android phone/tablet. Do you have to apply a patch on the program or just run this program.

I edit the original APK file and change Strings and Variables values and then rebuild the APK.

Good deal. Can't wait to try it. Now people are talking about awifi extender. Is that something you hook to your tablet or phone? I know what one is as far as putting one in your house but didn't know you could put one on your phone or tablet.

Good deal. Can't wait to try it. Now people are talking about awifi extender. Is that something you hook to your tablet or phone? I know what one is as far as putting one in your house but didn't know you could put one on your phone or tablet.
I think I was one of the first to use a repeater/ router with Breeze. I've used several types of routers / repeaters. Even using 2.4ghz tablets and cell phone. Because it is possible to route a signal of 5.8ghz and translate into 2.4ghz. I've also made adaptations of 3s batteries. I already used 2,500mah and 2,200mah with Breeze. Although it is kinda risky because too big battery can interfere with the compass. Long batteries create a magnetic field, getting too close to the compass. And I already had a problem with that.

Last edited:

See this thread Breeze Range Extender for more information on repeaters. I start on page 4 because the earlier posts reference equipment that is very hard to find now, although repeaters have been being used with the Breeze for about 2 1/2 years now.

There are sticky threads in the Breeze How To section for a couple of different repeaters. I personally have had great success with the ZyXEL WRE6606, but it is getting harder to find now. The Comfast WR370AC and WR371AC work okay and are very compact, but are limited to 5.8 GHz to work with the Breeze.

K, I just took it out for a distance test in a huge open area using a galaxy S8+ and the controller with no extender for a distance test. Everything except return to home was set to max.
Flew 100' altitude and just over 1600' with clear picture and control when the wifi suddenly dropped out and it returned to home with 20% battery upon landing.
What got me was once it passed about 1050 the distance suddenly counts backwards so something is wrong in software. It freaked me out so I told it to return to home and then stopped it after it went back up past 1050 and started counting down properly.
I decided it's just a weird thing and flew back out to about -400 where the last thing the battery showed was 51%. Really had to wonder if it was coming back on it's own as it felt like forever before I heard it. I could make it out with some special canon stabilized binoculars.
Going to take her up again:)

Almost forgot my vane anemometer is averaging 4mph with some short gusts to 9.

Last edited:
Took it out again this time at 172' altitude and reached the geofence in distance! Was able to do a couple 360 yaws and never dropped wifi this time. Auto returned and landed with 26% battery and that's on my one aftermarket gifi battery that does about 1 minute less flight time compared to the OEM. That's just a shade under 2000' my friends:)
I would try to fly farther but I cant unless the limit gets changed and this is supposed to be the only nice day out in the boonies where I am at (St. Johnsville, N. Y.).
I suppose I could try a height and distance at the same time but I already know that the slow climb rate isnt going to be doing me any favors.
I think I would like it better if the breeze turned around on it's own first before coming back although having an option would be great. Asking a lot I know but it's just a wishlist.
Maybe I should try a distance test with just the phone and see if offloading some of the flying duties to the controller makes a big difference. Yup, that's what I'll try next after I let it sit for awhile to cool down. Stupid me didnt catch the whole video as I need to reformat the memory again:(

Took it up to 170' and out to just under 1000' before it dropped wifi using just the phone so it looks like it's about twice the distance with the controller.
So if you are out in nowheres land the altitude and distance are really far but you could go farther with another software adjustment. I'm doubting that you could go higher than the current limit but I'm going to test that next after another cooldown using the controller again.
Dont know how much faster it could go but I've had no problems whatsoever with the motors and they dont seem to be stressed. I'll check and see how warm they are after the next test but I dont have anything with me to get an actual temp.

Motors dont even feel warm.
Lose connection over the same height as I did last time so it wont hit the new limit without a repeater. I do think you could just get there though with no wind if your battery is good and can handle hitting 5% (something I dont recommend).
I did not try and reposition the controller/phone at all so it was held like you would normally hold everything. Dont know where the antennas are inside the phone and how much of a difference the position would make.
Definately plan on some night flying tonight as I've never tried it even though most of my breezes have been modded with them. The one I test with has a very bright light on the bottom and you can actually see it even at the altitude test in bright sun blue sky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poppi
I had more flights with the new software and got her out to around 160 m with mostly working video, on my old Nexus 5 phone which has excellent wifi range.
Yesterday, I flew over the beach, turf and cliffs and suddenly lost wifi completely when she was only around 50 meters away on the way back to me. I couldn't see her and believed she was still over water. Battery level at this stage only 30%....
I was firmly convinced she had landed into the turf after the battery ran dry and was gone for good. Still searched the beach and cliffs for about an hour, but nothing.
Returned to the same spot 10 hours later, at almost low tide, to check whether the ebb had left her somewhere on the beach, in the hope to perhaps salvage the footage from its memory. 30 minutes searching with all my family, nothing. We are about to get back into the car when my seven year old spots a white speck on one of the cliffs, 15m over the beach... that she is.

Wow congrats on finding it!
Do you have a controller? It definately flies way further with one.
I HIGHLY suggest picking up a used phone for cheap or possibly nothing to fly with. The way I was able to do it was not trading in my old note 4 as it wasnt even worth anything when i bought my note 8. The S8+ I have was free too but that's a different story.
People get new phones all the time and they dont give squat for trade in so if you know anyone who is going to, offer to take it off their hands or pay them the trade in value for it then take it back to the original configuration. My sister just got an S10+ so I may get her old S5 too. It's great having your main phone free.

I agree on using a second phone for flying, that's how I am doing it. And my current main phone is really bad at connecting to the Breeze anyway, and if it connects, it has horrible range...

Regarding the controller and WiFi range, I think I have observed the same as pman. Range is better with the controller. I guess that is due to the phone antennas not being covered by the pilot's hands when the phone is mounted on the controller.

I may be posting footage of that 'almost lost' flight in a few days, if I get around to do a bit of postprocessing.

Reactions: Pman
I dont think my note 4 has as good a range as the S8+ and I havent tried a range test with the note 8 or my tablets. My wife has a couple small iPhones I could try as she kept her older one instead of getting nothing for a trade in. There must be millions of older phones that would work just collecting dust.

OK This has me all fired up. Since I went to the dark side a few years ago I'll be looking for an android device to dedicate to this. I'm curious if anyone is familiar with the pay-as-you-go phones and if I could buy an Android phone for $49 and not buy the minutes?
I've ordered the Comfast CF - WR371AC and Though using a 2.4ghz device through the repeater is possible, I think for the sake of reducing variables, I'll look for a 5ghz phone.
So, any recommendations for a 3-4 year old android device, with 802.11ac that works flawlessly w/ the Breeze?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval