Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze motor not working

Reaction score
Hello all,

on my breeze one motor stopped working after a minor crash.
The motor from the outside is undamaged and even when removing the screws and checking the interior of the motor, the motor does not seem to have any physical reason for not working.

Does anyone know if the breeze applies a software switch to turn off motors in case of crashes? Is there a way to reset this switch?

Thx 4 help.

Yuneec support is open Mon-Fri. Go to Yuneec & click on support during these days. All the motors shut off when it crashes. Need to re-connect to breeze bird after crash. check connections to motor that won't start.

Yuneec support is open Mon-Fri. Go to Yuneec & click on support during these days. All the motors shut off when it crashes. Need to re-connect to breeze bird after crash. check connections to motor that won't start.
I have same problem after crash. It said "motor stalled." Can you please tell me what "reconnect to breeze bird" means? I'm total newbie and no experience working with motors, flying things.

I have same problem after crash. It said "motor stalled." Can you please tell me what "reconnect to breeze bird" means? I'm total newbie and no experience working with motors, flying things.

Hello soybean, I am also a newbie with drones. That is why I thought the breeze would be the perfect way to start.

I contacted yuneec support and they told me to send in the drone to have it fixed. I will do so next week as I did not manage to get the motor working again.

Hello,
yes all motors shut off when the breeze crashes, but after reconnecting to breeze, all motors should work again. In my case only 3 motors work after reconnecting and 1 does not fire up.

After 'crash', I do a complete re-start. Shut breeze down, press button again per initial startup procedure, Then go from there as you were starting it cold.

Hello soybean, I am also a newbie with drones. That is why I thought the breeze would be the perfect way to start.

I contacted yuneec support and they told me to send in the drone to have it fixed. I will do so next week as I did not manage to get the motor working again.

I didn't have to do this, but I was going to try before taking the next step of getting a repair. By the way, did they tell you if the repair was free or did you have to pay? If so, how much? I'm just curious in case I have to get mine repaired (I broke mine first 30 seconds I was using it lol. I don't know if you saw my post and pic. Glass on bottom half broken off now, but still works).

Here's the link. If it doesn't connect directly, the post is something like "hard reset" so you can search that way. I'd try that before sending it in.

YUNEEC BREEZE FACTORY RESET FOR WIFI CONNECTION PROBLEM

Hello,
yes all motors shut off when the breeze crashes, but after reconnecting to breeze, all motors should work again. In my case only 3 motors work after reconnecting and 1 does not fire up.

Hi Jan,
How did it workt out?, as i have the same problem.
Anyone here hava a solution for this?

Hi
After a crash one motor did not start . MOTOR STALL
After opening the cabin cover I saw that the cables coming from that motor were disconected from the board.
Please be careful when you open the cabin cover , it has some small plastic clips that can brake very easy.

Hi
After a crash one motor did not start . MOTOR STALL
After opening the cabin cover I saw that the cables coming from that motor were disconected from the board.
Please be careful when you open the cabin cover , it has some small plastic clips that can brake very easy.
Hello! I have the same problem . Motors disconnected . After that when power on 4 beeps with red light. All in software are ok, but the beeze don't start . Please help! Mayby factory reset ?

I had a crash with mine in late December and had a stalled motor. With the Breeze powered on I manually rotated each motor in its proper direction for about 20 full rotations. I then power cycled the Breeze, connected via WiFi, and performed a compass calibration. I was then able to get the Breeze to take off.

It is possible that during the crash you may have dislodged a connection or broken a bit of solder.

have you opened it up to check all connections?

I tried the solution with 20 rotations, but no sucess. During the crash was dissconnected the connector for compass.and connector for motor. It was both disconnected with power on. I have repaired the connection and compass calibration was succesful... I check all connections is now ok. I check the motors. It have the same impedance...

I try to power on the breeze with motors disconnected. It is no error beep.
After motors connected, still won't take off.

The Breeze's battery outputs 3 potentials: 5V, 9V, 12V. I think one of the three is for the motors. Your case is all motors don't spin.
Check the wires coming from the battery to the circuit boards or wherever.

The Breeze's battery outputs 3 potentials: 5V, 9V, 12V. I think one of the three is for the motors. Your case is all motors don't spin.
Check the wires coming from the battery to the circuit boards or wherever.
From battery is only 2 wires connected to circuit board.+ And-

Motors are not dc with +and- polarity but connected with controller ac output for each motor...

I tried the solution with 20 rotations, but no sucess. During the crash was dissconnected the connector for compass.and connector for motor. It was both disconnected with power on. I have repaired the connection and compass calibration was succesful... I check all connections is now ok. I check the motors. It have the same impedance...

I try to power on the breeze with motors disconnected. It is no error beep.
After motors connected, still won't take off.

Are any of the sensor indicators on the top right of BreezeCam app red?

From battery is only 2 wires connected to circuit board.+ And-

Motors are not dc with +and- polarity but connected with controller ac output for each motor...
Breeze battery 2.jpg The battery has 4 terminals. One common and 3 separate DC outputs.

google says
Which type of motor is used in drones?
They use small DC motors. The motors have small permanent magnets made from iron and cobalt alloys ...

My guess is one wire got to come from the battery area to a controlling circuit to produce 4 separate variable DC outputs to spin the motors at different speeds.
The crash should not have damaged the circuit electronically. It's more likely the impact shook loose some wire(s).
Breeze battery 2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval