Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
The Comfast will also require a USB power bank. I have a 10000 and 12000 mAh power bank, flying through two batteries (about 20 minutes flight time) and a few minutes on the ground before and after a flight. The WRE6606 uses very little of the power banks’s reserve. At most I would say 2500 mAh for 30 to 40 minutes of run time.

Oooo i have a 10000 mAh power bank and i was thinking it is not enough! Then i will go with WRE6606 because i find it every where here! Thank you!

Sie sind herzlich willkommen.

Reactions: airborne
I do love Google Translate! It comes in very handy on this forum.

Ich bin sehr froh, dass du Deutsch kannst!

Danke nochmal für alles

Ich kann nur ein bisschen hier und da abholen. Ich verwende Google Translate, damit ich nicht versehentlich jemanden beleidige. Das Forum soll nur Englisch sein, aber ich werde Translate in ihrer Muttersprache benutzen, wenn sie viel Ärger mit Englisch haben. Ich benutze es auch nur, um freundlich zu sein. Es macht Spaß Leute aus der ganzen Welt zu treffen. Vor vielen Jahren war meine private Musiklehrerin Deutsch und sie würde zur deutschen Sprache zurückkehren, wenn sie sich über mich aufregen würde. Ihre Eltern waren alt und wohnten bei ihr und sprachen immer Deutsch. Leider habe ich am meisten vergessen, was ich in dieser Zeit gelernt habe.

In English:
I can only pick up a little here and there. I use Google translate so I don’t accidently offend someone. The forum is supposed to be English only, but I’ll use Translate in their native tongue if they have a lot of trouble with English. I also use it just to be friendly. It is fun meeting people from all over the world. Many years ago my private music teacher was German and she would revert to German language when she would get upset with me. Her parents were elderly and lived with her and always spoke German. Unfortunately I forgot most if what I did learn during that time.

It is a very hard language it is normal to forget! And don`t worry you are not offending someone!

bvlcode,

I was just explaining that when I do use someone’s native language on the forum I use Google Translate because it does a good job compared to other translators I’ve used. I can usually rely on it to make a good translation to get my intended message across.

I found that Comfast CF-WR371AC is much cheaper then ZyXel WRE6606, but it is hard to find to buy it. Anyone have any working link of it? EU prefered.
Since I want to test it for my review video, I don't want to pay that much as ZyXEL costs and Comfast is much bulkier by pictures.
Or maybe some other tested option?

I still think that Breeze worth the money and in right condition (weather, timing, location,...) you can get pretty nice videos, even cinematic ones for youtube. At least by my testings.

I experimented the repeater/extender by buying two cheap different brands of that were USB powered. Both supported dual band WiFi. One of them only worked to control the camera, no fly control. The other didn't work at all.
So I bought the 3rd brand Asus model RP-N54. It is small but it requires AC power. It worked nicely. I flew the Breeze from the backyard with the Breeze wirelessly connected to the RP-N54 that was plugged into the outdoor AC outlet of the patio.
To fly the Breeze near my car, a 12V-115V adapter plugged into the car cigarette light socket powers the repeater/extender just fine.
The Asus RP-N54 can be bought for about $20-$25 on eBay. Setting it up is easy.

I experimented the repeater/extender by buying two cheap different brands of that were USB powered. Both supported dual band WiFi. One of them only worked to control the camera, no fly control. The other didn't work at all.
So I bought the 3rd brand Asus model RP-N54. It is small but it requires AC power. It worked nicely. I flew the Breeze from the backyard with the Breeze wirelessly connected to the RP-N54 that was plugged into the outdoor AC outlet of the patio.
To fly the Breeze near my car, a 12V-115V adapter plugged into the car cigarette light socket powers the repeater/extender just fine.
The Asus RP-N54 can be bought for about $20-$25 on eBay. Setting it up is easy.

What were the make and model numbers of the two that didn’t work? Just curious, in case someone ever asks about them.

BreezeFB2.jpg The two that don't work for Breeze ~$20 each.
Comfast Wr-370AC 600Mbps 2.4G/5G Dual Band Wireless USB Repeater Amplifier WiFi Extender Booster.
Wodsys WD-4602 Wireless Range Extender Wifi Repeater Dual-Band 2.4GHz, 5GHz USB Long Range Fast

I have not tried to see if the range doubled if the car is in between me/phone and the Breeze.

Last edited:
I just noticed both of the above repeater/extender models got the 2Ghz/5Ghz toggle switch. It's a red flag for they would not work as we want with the Breeze.

The Asus (110V power) runs both bands concurrently so a single band phone can also fly the Breeze.

Actually the switch would have to be in the 5GHz position so it will communicate with the Breeze, but a phone that only supports 2.4 GHz WiFi may not be able to connect.

Do you have a link to the manufacturers site for the WD-4602? I can’t seem to find it in a web search.

No company website for that. However, I'm buying the WD-4602 again to test it out once more. The first one I bought was DOA.

I got the
Edimax EW-7288APC 5GHz/11AC Wi-Fi Range Extender working with my breeze today. USB battery power supply that I have kept it going really well. Helped the video not glitch out as much.

Tried to get one of those before I got the ZyXEL. None to be had in the states, unless you wanted to wait for the slow boat from China.

I did a second test with the WiFi extenders that I bought for "fun" and here's a summary of how they were.
WORKING and least expensive: Comfast Wr-370AC 600Mbps 2.4G/5G Dual Band Wireless USB Repeater Amplifier WiFi Extender Booster. Price $14 free shipping on eBay. Worked with portable power bank.

NOT WORKING: Wodsys WD-4602 Wireless Range Extender Wifi Repeater Dual-Band 2.4GHz, 5GHz USB Long Range Fast. They mis advertised it. It's only a WiFi adapter. $20

WORKING: Edimax EW-7288APC, $25, much larger than Comfast, can't articulate, worked with portable power bank. $25.

WORKING: Asus RP-N54. $25. Required 110V power.
The advantage with using the working extender as many people mentioned is much more stable video feed from the Breeze to the phone or tablet.
extenderc.jpg extenderss.jpg

Last edited:
nikono,

Thanks a million for your testing and report of your findings. This adds valuable information for the community, and it is very appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace