Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Good to hear Jeff! Using the extender is a bit of a pain, but the results are more rewarding while flying.

The Comfast CF-926AC V2 arrived yesterday. I was really curious if and how this device would work. User Pris-kim stated in his post that this device would be functionally equivalent to CF-W371AC.
Unfortunately I have to admit that the CF-926AC is NOT fit for the intended purpose as a range extender. While it is true that the 926AC CAN act as an AP it also has to be noted that the 926AC needs data input via the USB to act as an AP.
To cut a long story short just forget the CF-926AC V2 as it will not be useful as a range extnder.
Anyway it was not a total loss as I will use it with some RaspberryPi project.

just wanted to send an update. In a bit of wind, I increased the geo fence height to 200ft. The breeze made it, recorded a 360 with only a moments flicker in the video. It never stated a loss of signal to the screen. Before the extender, I would lose video 20 feet away, so things are looking up. I'm also learning to trust the breeze, which is a biggie. I'll reset the geo fence to 250 feet for the next flight and plan to head to the ocean this weekend... Oh, and I noticed that the breeze has not done one of it's crazy 360 spins since I've been using the extender which is another plus. Thanks again for your help!

just wanted to send an update. In a bit of wind, I increased the geo fence height to 200ft. The breeze made it, recorded a 360 with only a moments flicker in the video. It never stated a loss of signal to the screen. Before the extender, I would lose video 20 feet away, so things are looking up. I'm also learning to trust the breeze, which is a biggie. I'll reset the geo fence to 250 feet for the next flight and plan to head to the ocean this weekend... Oh, and I noticed that the breeze has not done one of it's crazy 360 spins since I've been using the extender which is another plus. Thanks again for your help!

I’ve had my Breeze for 2 days now. I have clear video even at 150 ft in the air. Using an iPhone X.

I've read that many iPhone's work well with the breeze. but be careful, its really just a very nice "selfie" drone. Do not trust it to return if you take it to the max of the Geo fence... It will try to hover, land and maybe return to home as programed. So, keep an eye on your battery power.

I made the mistake of think the Geo fence was a number I set to keep the drone near by. Which it kinda does... But the full truth is that the breeze may disconnect do to weak signal, power line interference or whatever at any time, for any reason. At $150 it is a great drone, pictures are fantastic and the 10 min flying time is reasonable. It's Fantastic to learn with if your beginning the sport... With [it's a "selfie drone", keep it close by] in mind, it's only weakness is the prop guards. They are very weak and break all the time in the beginning. Hint, crazyglue....

Sure, I'll try!

I used a laptop to set this up initially, with the supplied ethernet cable. Make sure anything you have used to fly the breeze with is either connected to a different wifi or has wifi turned off. I also turned wifi off on the laptop, only so I could see when I had a connection thru the ethernet to the extender.

Set the extender to R (there is a switch labeled A,C,R) and power it up. It will ask for a login and then you can proceed with the setup. Now would be a good time to turn on the Breeze. I won't go thru the setup step by step, but basically you will need to scan the 5.8 band after the Breeze is ready, select your Breeze from the list of available networks, and supply the password. It will then create a network with your Breeze name with ".speed" after it.

I believe it reboots at the point. After it boots up it should automatically connect to your Breeze. Browse the wifi connections on your phone or tablet and select the new Breezename.speed network. Once the phone is connected fire up the Breeze app and go fly. If you aren't connected right away just wait a short while, sometimes I would get my app open before everything is synced.

Here is a link to the manual for the extender, it should help out a lot.

Download Library | ZyXEL
Hi, I tried connecting my breeze to the zyxsel, but the extender cannot find my breeze's network. I tried manual setup using the breeze's said but to no avail. Am I missing something?

Hi, I tried connecting my breeze to the zyxsel, but the extender cannot find my breeze's network. I tried manual setup using the breeze's said but to no avail. Am I missing something?

Are you sure you were setting up the 5.8 signal and not the 2.4?

Returned the Yuneec Breeze a while back. Was fun but got boring with the limited range. Didn't like the solutions offered here (a big wireless range repeater/expensive options to get them running). Probably will go with either the Hubsan gps drones or the Dji drones (spark or mavic air). May cost more but won't get so boring.

Returned the Yuneec Breeze a while back. Was fun but got boring with the limited range. Didn't like the solutions offered here (a big wireless range repeater/expensive options to get them running). Probably will go with either the Hubsan gps drones or the Dji drones (spark or mavic air). May cost more but won't get so boring.

I feel you. The breeze is my first real drone and I’ll be upgrading to one of the Mavics next year once I get the hang of it. Hopefully prices would have dropped drastically.

I went about it backwards. I got a Hubsan and then a Phantom 3 before the Breeze. What makes me like the Breeze so much is it’s small size for flights around the neighborhood, the stability, and you can have it in the air so fast. They all fill a certain need, and the Breeze works fantastic what it is. If they updated the control and FPV systems it would be an honest contender to the Spark.

I feel you. The breeze is my first real drone and I’ll be upgrading to one of the Mavics next year once I get the hang of it. Hopefully prices would have dropped drastically.
I've seen refurbished Mavic pros go for under 600 bucks, still too much for me but miles better than anything the Breeze can do (or the bigger yuneec q500 drones). Spark is only 400 bucks with the controller which is also isn't bad. For you it's certainly more understandable and practicing with an actual gps drone is great before getting the Mavics.

I went about it backwards. I got a Hubsan and then a Phantom 3 before the Breeze. What makes me like the Breeze so much is it’s small size for flights around the neighborhood, the stability, and you can have it in the air so fast. They all fill a certain need, and the Breeze works fantastic what it is. If they updated the control and FPV systems it would be an honest contender to the Spark.
Agreed, but considering that support is dead for the Breeze any potential it could've gotten is gone. The Dji drones may cost more but it certainly is much more fun with the extended 1 mile range and proper fpv (and much better footage, speed, stability, etc). The spark has dropped pretty drastically in price and it'll only decrease as more people invest in the newer drones.

That's my opinion though, the breeze is still fantastic at its current 150 dollar price.

I've seen refurbished Mavic pros go for under 600 bucks, still too much for me but miles better than anything the Breeze can do (or the bigger yuneec q500 drones). Spark is only 400 bucks with the controller which is also isn't bad. For you it's certainly more understandable and practicing with an actual gps drone is great before getting the Mavics.

Agreed, but considering that support is dead for the Breeze any potential it could've gotten is gone. The Dji drones may cost more but it certainly is much more fun with the extended 1 mile range and proper fpv (and much better footage, speed, stability, etc). The spark has dropped pretty drastically in price and it'll only decrease as more people invest in the newer drones.

That's my opinion though, the breeze is still fantastic at its current 150 dollar price.

I bought the Mavic Air from bestbuy with a 10 percent off coupon. Took $80 off the price. It’s expensive but I can see why. It flys like an angel and has max distance of 4km, or something like that. Max I’ve pushed it is 1600 ft as I am observing line of sight rule. I’ve seen you tubers push their drone up to 8,000 ft away. Not me.

Hi guys! I have a Breeze and i connect it with a Nokia 6 but for me at 30-40 m i lose signal! Can someone tell me what wifi ranger extender with power bank is better and easy to buy? Thank you very much!

Hi guys! I have a Breeze and i connect it with a Nokia 6 but for me at 30-40 m i lose signal! Can someone tell me what wifi ranger extender with power bank is better and easy to buy? Thank you very much!

The ZyXEL WRE6606 works well and comes in a US and Euro version for the AC plug. If you can find it the Comfast CF-WR371AC also works well and is less bulky than the ZyXEL.

The ZyXEL WRE6606 works well and comes in a US and Euro version for the AC plug. If you can find it the Comfast CF-WR371AC also works well and is less bulky than the ZyXEL.

Thank you very much! I think i will buy Comfast CF-WR371AC because it is much smaller! Now i must find it in EU because i am from Germany!

Thank you very much! I think i will buy Comfast CF-WR371AC because it is much smaller! Now i must find it in EU because i am from Germany!

Your luck in Germany may be better than in the US for the Comfast. There are several in Europe using the Comfast. Be cautious when you order that you get the extender and not an adapter and that it supports 802.11ac WiFi. There are several devices that look like the WR371AC, but they are WiFi adapters. There are also WiFi extenders in their line that only support 802.11b/g/n that are 2.4 GHz devices and the Breeze requires the 5.8 GHz.

Reactions: airborne
Hi,
as @DoomMeister pointed out, be very careful to get the "real" CF-WR371AC. I did shop with aliexpress and was upgraded to a CF_926AC without being asked. Returning it for an exchange was no option because of postage and costs. So I ended with the Zyxel WRE 6606. The 6606 works like a charm and is really worth its money. In my opinion the size is of lesser importance because you will need a good (bulky) powerbank for prolonged flying sessions.

I can not find a CF-WR371AC who send it fast in Germany! Only from China and i must wait 20-30 days, I really don`t know what to do!
Zyxel WRE 6606 it is a little bit expensive and then i must buy a big powerbank!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy