Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
The ZyXEL WRE6606 may be both a repeater and extender, it can be set to talk with the Breeze on the 5.8GHZ band, and talk with the phone/pad/tablet on either 5.8GHz or 2.4GHz bands. I have flown the Breeze with the WRE6606 on both bands. It is an option for those with phones that only operate on the 2.4GHz to still fly the Breeze.

What was your experience like using the 2.4 band? I tried to use the tello with mine and everything was delayed.

Jeff P,

That is bad. Any chance your Phone is in a metal protective case?

Last edited:
I had 16 satellites... which I believe was the reason it did not simply crash. But the constant loss of signal is it's down fall. It can be 10 feet away and the picture is breaking up.. That's just not right. So sad

My phone is like that with the Breeze, horrible range. With my Fire tablet or iPad the range and video are much better. Using the range extender and my phone I have good control and video out to 650 feet.

What was your experience like using the 2.4 band? I tried to use the tello with mine and everything was delayed.

The switch on the bottom is set to 'R' for repeater, Then set the 5.8GHz band for the link to the AP (the Breeze) and can use either band to the phone. It did not seem to make a difference which band I used for connection to the phone.

I have a Sony Xperia XA1... Very good phone. just a rubber case which I'll remove next time just to see if it will help.

"What was your experience like using the 2.4 band?"
My sony uses 5.8 band to talk to the breeze.

I also have an old Sony Z3 which is an flag ship model I can try...

I use an iPhone 7 or iPhone 5s when flying the Breeze, both seem to do well with the 7 having a slight edge over the 5s for better wifi connectivity at a distance.

I can only use the 2.4GHz band when using the WRE6606 extender (powered via a USB power brick). Breeze to WRE6606 on 5.8GHz and WRE6606 to phone on either band.

The switch on the bottom is set to 'R' for repeater, Then set the 5.8GHz band for the link to the AP (the Breeze) and can use either band to the phone. It did not seem to make a difference which band I used for connection to the phone.

I've been messing around with too many toys at once! I can't say if I even tried to use the breeze with the 2.4 signal, or maybe I did with my older tablets but it didn't work well. I guess I'll just have to try it again!

I do know that it did not work well with the Tello.

Ok, just came in from flying the breeze through 4 battery packs, I used the older Sony z3, no case.

First I should say I'm getting close to 15 minutes flight time with the new higher powered battery packs, compared to 10min with Yuneec packs.

The sun was bright and it was hard to see the screen, but there seemed to be a good signal. compared yesterday, when 10 feet was an issue. I also noticed the older Sony phones power went from 100% down to 64% during the 4 battery flight. that's a lot of power lost in 30 minutes.

charging everything back up now, I'll try for another flight later today using the newer Sony phone with no case.

Before I buy, I was checking out your router

ZyXEL WRE6606 Wireless AC1300 MU-MIMO
It seems to have a non USA plug as well 5v micro usb for power.
Is there a model with a USA plug?
I want the best of both.....

The one that TStover and I bought was through Amazon and has the US version for the AC plug. I don’t have the link anymore, but it was about $30.

call me crazy, I ordered it....

also I tried my old Sony phone without the case and I got a better range. I'll play with it again this weekend, the extender come in Saturday.

Be sure to download the manual from the ZyXEL website.

I received the ZyXEL WRE6606 Wireless AC1300 MU-MIMO. not being tech savvy, I'm at a loss on what to do next. It's pluged in and I can see on my phone there are 2 new WiFi names ZyXEL one being 2.4 and the other ZZyyXEL.speed 5.8. but nothing else is happening. I tried Ethernet cable and local address 192.168.1.2, but I get nothing. not sure what to do.... how to set this up to connect with the breeze.

Did you download the manual from the ZyXEL Website?

It tells you how to set it up in repeater mode. Use your PC via Ethernet cable to do the setup. Once it is setup, you’ll only have to turn it on in the future.

I’ll check back later, I’m busy cleaning house getting ready to migrate north. Hope to carry some warmer weather with me.

Kinda both, my home computer is built on laptop tech. but that was not the problem, it seems you must connect the 6606 via Ethernet cable directly to the computer. then the menu for setting up popped up on the screen. everything is set up now and ready to try. the weather here is not the greatest at the moment, another batch of rain due within the hour.

Kinda both, my home computer is built on laptop tech. but that was not the problem, it seems you must connect the 6606 via Ethernet cable directly to the computer. then the menu for setting up popped up on the screen. everything is set up now and ready to try. the weather here is not the greatest at the moment, another batch of rain due within the hour.

Glad you got it working!

With the help of DoomMeister I was able set the 6606 up...

I just did a 5 min flight, geo fence was set to 150h, 150d. I was never able to get that far without losing signal. But that just changed, I hit the fence with no lose if signal! I rest the geo fence to 220h, 220d but it started to rain. so, change in plan, recharging everything. I'll try again soon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt