Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
I did a second test with the WiFi extenders that I bought for "fun" and here's a summary of how they were.
WORKING and least expensive: Comfast Wr-370AC 600Mbps 2.4G/5G Dual Band Wireless USB Repeater Amplifier WiFi Extender Booster. Price $14 free shipping on eBay. Worked with portable power bank.

NOT WORKING: Wodsys WD-4602 Wireless Range Extender Wifi Repeater Dual-Band 2.4GHz, 5GHz USB Long Range Fast. They mis advertised it. It's only a WiFi adapter. $20

WORKING: Edimax EW-7288APC, $25, much larger than Comfast, can't articulate, worked with portable power bank. $25.

WORKING: Asus RP-N54. $25. Required 110V power.
The advantage with using the working extender as many people mentioned is much more stable video feed from the Breeze to the phone or tablet.
View attachment 10011 View attachment 10010

Thanks for this info. I have been looking for a repeater so I can control my drone with my phone that only supports 2.4ghz.
Did your Comfast WR370AC work with a 2.4ghz phone, or does your phone already support 5ghz?

I wonder what the difference is between the Comfast WR370AC and WR371AC

The Comfast got a sliding switch to select 2.4 or 5Ghz band. It can't support both bands at the same time so it won't work for you.

The larger Edimax and 110V Asus got no such sliding switch. I've flown the Breeze with a 2.4Ghz tablet and the Edimax or the Asus as extended. Either one should work for your 2.4GHz phone.

I have comfast model cf-wr370ac it does support 2.4 and 5ghz and has 2 be set on the 5ghz side on selector switch to work but does pair with the yuneec breeze 4k drone and my samsung galaxy s7 just fine and did extend my range quite a bit flawless video feed and yes it works with portable power bank mine output 2.1 amp and works just fine thank you for this thread and all the help

And a special shout out to doom meister for all the help

Thanks, but the real credit goes to several others Flohlaus, Frillen, Pris-kim, TStover, and lately nikono as well as several others over time for their efforts in this area.

What really hurts is the diminished range of the 5.8 GHz WiFi band compared to 2.4 GHz, but it has less traffic.

Thanks @nikono for all of the tests. Im gonna order extender right now :). Is there any extra app how to connect from extender to breeze?

Sorry, I got mixed up in a test. Only the Asus (110V) supports dual bands concurrently. In WiFi setup, you'll see two SSIDs to connect to.
The Edimax supports 5Ghz band only.
The extenders don't need any app installed. Just follow the included instruction to set up with the Breeze powered on near you at first setup.

My phone support 5Ghz, so comfast will be good enough. I tried to find difference between CF-WR370AC & CF-WR371AC, except that 371 is cheaper on aliexpress. Any idea?

My phone support 5Ghz, so comfast will be good enough. I tried to find difference between CF-WR370AC & CF-WR371AC, except that 371 is cheaper on aliexpress. Any idea?

The 371 is the better of the two, so being cheaper is a big plus. Don’t let them substitute, others have been “upgraded”, but it was to a WiFi adapter not a repeater.

I think seller (Comfast official) was pretty fair with explanation:

Friend 371 ac 600mbps ,dual band usb 3.0 with 2*3dbi Antenna
370ac 600Mbps usb 3.0 but do not have the external antenna
for more better performance we will suggest the 371ac

I think seller (Comfast official) was pretty fair with explanation:

Friend 371 ac 600mbps ,dual band usb 3.0 with 2*3dbi Antenna
370ac 600Mbps usb 3.0 but do not have the external antenna
for more better performance we will suggest the 371ac

Good explanation, the seller is the one that substituted on a few people and it was AliExpress.

Other than the WiFi extenderá mentioned on this thread, what else do I need and what are the steps or how to connect them together?

My breeze has never dropped the WiFi till a few days ago and this morning for a second time.

Both times I was flying at 120ft. It didn’t drop, just hover there. First time came back by itself after the 30 seconds, this morning I was able to re-connect and bring it down safely.

I’m ready to go get the extender, but I’m stupid when it comes to hacker-high-tech things like that LOL

The extenders in this thread that users have verified to work with the Breeze are a good choice. The ZyXEL WRE6606 and the Comfast CF-WR371AC are two that I know are usable. You will also need a +5VDC USB Power brick at least 5000mAh in size capable of 2A output (one that would support running an iPad or tablet PC).

You can find instructions in this thread for setting up the Comfast and I posted a setup guide for the ZyXel here ZyXEL WRE-6606 Setup for use with Breeze.

Thanks man!

I got a few power bricks with that capacity.

I’m getting that right now ! Lol

The extenders in this thread that users have verified to work with the Breeze are a good choice. The ZyXEL WRE6606 and the Comfast CF-WR371AC are two that I know are usable. You will also need a +5VDC USB Power brick at least 5000mAh in size capable of 2A output (one that would support running an iPad or tablet PC).

You can find instructions in this thread for setting up the Comfast and I posted a setup guide for the ZyXel here ZyXEL WRE-6606 Setup for use with Breeze.

Purchased a wr-370AC will report my findings tell you if it works or not once I receive and test... I believe the only difference is the folding antennas, the chipset and circuit board hardware the same..

Interesting discussion. Had to try my dlink dap1530 which I use when camping due to the poor reception. I was able to get the 5Ghz link going to the breeze then link a number of my old cell phones to the breeze at the 2.4Ghz frequency. If the breeze_xyz is linked to the dlink then the displayed WiFi is breeze_xyz-ext from the dlink. Don't try this on the kitchen table and be a non believer when you hit start on the controller. Lucky if your a good catch as I was on the breeze belly and "launch fail" appears. There was a problem with blue tooth on one phone and the picture sometimes gets a few lines through it. I guess that if you were to plug it into the 110v on your truck it may launch from the tonneau cover but not real practical.

Use an extension cord to get the extender outside the truck. If set on the roof of the cab it would allow it to radiate better.

Launch the Breeze well away from the truck. Large metal objects have a tendency to interfere with the compass causing unexpected flight characteristics (bye bye birdie).

I think that I would probably go with a Micro rtl8811au or some similar (simple cheap) device which plugs directly into an Android cell phone usb and gives the same results. At least there is very little to carry around. I would not use a cell phone with less that a 1.5 quad processor - especially with the video processing.

I think that I would probably go with a Micro rtl8811au or some similar (simple cheap) device which plugs directly into an Android cell phone usb and gives the same results. At least there is very little to carry around. I would not use a cell phone with less that a 1.5 quad processor - especially with the video processing.

If you try that, please post your results with it. That may end up being a better option for Android users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval