Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Maybe @Pris-kim will respond to your post on setup with the WR371AC (should also apply to the WR370AC) so it will provide both control and video feed.

It seems Android users are able to use these repeaters and iOS users are having a problem with them.

I setup an older TrendNet router running ddwrt to work with my Breeze and iPhones. When it was setup strictly as a repeater I would have video feed, but no control or telemetry. I then set it up as a bridged repeater so it was using the same IP address as the Breeze and it was working fully. This leads me to suspect that the iOS version of Breeze Cam is set to only work on the IP that the Breeze is using, whereas the Android version of Breeze Cam will work with a translated IP.

Maybe @Pris-kim will respond to your post on setup with the WR371AC (should also apply to the WR370AC) so it will provide both control and video feed.

It seems Android users are able to use these repeaters and iOS users are having a problem with them.

I setup an older TrendNet router running ddwrt to work with my Breeze and iPhones. When it was setup strictly as a repeater I would have video feed, but no control or telemetry. I then set it up as a bridged repeater so it was using the same IP address as the Breeze and it was working fully. This leads me to suspect that the iOS version of Breeze Cam is set to only work on the IP that the Breeze is using, whereas the Android version of Breeze Cam will work with a translated IP.

I got it working!
Just disabled the network security. İt’s the option at the lowest right corner on the comfast setup page (192.169.10.1)
Funny thing, i can’t open setup page anymore, but i don’t need to (you can always turn the repeater to factory defaults by holding the little button at the back)
Once the comfast is set it connects automatically. My phone connects to repeater. İt doesn’t matter in which order i power on drone and the repeater. Finally i flew the breeze to it’s limits and with good video feed. I won’t fly this far but İt gives me confidence knowing i won’t loose the signal.IMG_0159.jpgIMG_0161.jpg

** THIS SETUP IS VALID FOR COMFAST CF-WR370 and CF-WR371 (EXTERNAL ANTENNAS)

Confirmed! Turning off/Disable wireless security feature fires this thing up for iOS users. I will do a full write up on how it’s done. Now that it works time to break it apart and see what’s inside :) View attachment 10732View attachment 10733

Pretty small antenna! Gonna buy a wr371ac version with folding antennas!

Quick video till write up

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrisduryea
Reactions: ravell
Wondering of how far it can reach with this wifi booster.

People have reported distances to the geofences if 80 meters in height and 100 meters distance with the Comfast repeaters mentioned in the previous post, and the ZyXEL WRE6606 has been proven to work past the distance geofence as seen in post #77 of this thread.

Reactions: iancului99
Have u tried to land the drone once u hit the geofence and take it off again. U can beat the geofencing like that.

Actually, u can beat the geofence system by landing the breeze once u hit the geofence. Then take off again and then it will reset the distance.then u can fly further

The ZyXEL WRE6606 comes in a US/Canana version for AC and a Euro version for AC. Both have the ability to be powered by a 5VDC USB power brick at 2A (like you would use for a pad or tablet PC. You can try checking amazon in the UK. @airborne may also know of a place in Europe.

Amazon UK will either sell direct from their store or redirect you to Amazon Aarketplace where ZyXEL will deliver directly from their Germany (?) store. Price is the same and worth every penny/cent.

That's a good job man, the Netis WF2710 is sold by Amazon.de and some stores in the Netherlands and yes it's the only one that can be external powered and is available. Most of them have 220V power plugs. To others it may look not impressive, but a radius of 100 meters with a ceiling of 80 meters (till geo fences) with a strong WiFi signal is awesome :) I'm interested in low-level flying and then you need a strong signal like this kind of stuff : unreachable for me, but maybe the little breeze can
What about the Xiomi Mi2 wifi extender? I fly my Tello using this extender, plugged into my Blackweb battery pack/cellphone charger. Using the Mi home app I add the Tello as an available device/router, and connect with my phone to the new Tello connection that appears on my phones available wifi list. Running thru the MI home app its listed as Tello Plus. I then hook up my Evo vr Bluetooth controller which is mapped with the Octapus app and it works INSANELY AWESOME. THE TELLO goes from about 100 meters max to about 600.

Amazon UK will either sell direct from their store or redirect you to Amazon Aarketplace where ZyXEL will deliver directly from their Germany (?) store. Price is the same and worth every penny/cent.

Not sure what is up in the US, but the ZyXEL WRE6606 cannot be found here anymore. The only place that showed it was Newegg marked from $99 down to $65 plus shipping, but out of stock with no expected time for being in stock. B&H Photo shows it as no longer available. All searches on Amazon come up empty for this model too. An awful shame as it allowed good range and the ability to use either 2.4 or 5.8 GHz WiFi from the phone while it kept connection with the Breeze at 5.8 GHz.

What about the Xiomi Mi2 wifi extender? I fly my Tello using this extender, plugged into my Blackweb battery pack/cellphone charger. Using the Mi home app I add the Tello as an available device/router, and connect with my phone to the new Tello connection that appears on my phones available wifi list. Running thru the MI home app its listed as Tello Plus. I then hook up my Evo vr Bluetooth controller which is mapped with the Octapus app and it works INSANELY AWESOME. THE TELLO goes from about 100 meters max to about 600.

The Mi2 extender operates only in the 2.4 GHz range, so it won't connect to the Breeze which only uses 5.8 GHz (AC) Wifi.
It would be nice if the Breeze could be made to go out more than 100m, but the GPS-based GeoFence completely forbids that. Unless you disable GPS (which would at the same time switch off the Return to Home feature, and that is pretty risky unless you have immense trust in the stability of your control and video link), you cannot really overcome that 100m limit.

Several others on this forum have had good experiences with the really cheap and compact COMFAST extender, see this forum. It comes at around 20 $, I believe, if you order in China.

Can find the breeze with Android or apple on 5.8G connects to the comfast but not finding 1546536081318.jpeg1546536109189.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval