Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Thanks Flohaus, and without the extender what range were you able to reach? With which phone?

Thanks

Andrea

Without the Range extender I could reach maybe 60m with good FPV Quality max 30-40m. I'm using an iPhone SE. I could get a little bit higher with an iPad.
This guy reaches the geo fence with his Moto G 4:
If you want to fly with the FPV glasses, you need a stable Video Quality.

Reactions: hpc_bnc
This model isn't ok, but EDIMAX has a better one dual band router/extender/repeater that is powered by USB, so a little powerbank does the job
EDIMAX - Wireless Routers - AC600 Dual-Band - AC600 Multi-Function Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router,Access Point, Range Extender, Wi-Fi Bridge & WISP
For what it's worth I bought the model in the original post from Amazon for $20 and it works great, mostly because the model you posted doesn't seem to be available in the US. ( Amazon.com: Edimax 5GHz/11AC Wi-Fi Range Extender - White, EW-7288APC: Computers & Accessories )

Hello,

I reached both GEO fence limits using my Moto Z Play as well. Is it possible to extend theses limits?

Reactions: jiggawhatpolo
Hallo Breeze fans,

The Comfast Dual 2,4GHZ \ 5,8GHZ extender transmitter CF-WR371AC with a powerbank works with my Yuneec Breeze 4K hier in Holland and so I expect that it wil work hier in europe .
I configured the Comfast with a laptop on 192.168.10.1 to my router in house and changed the wifi settings from China to The Netherlands or another country like Germany,Canada, USA what ever country and changed the Channel to "Auto (DFS).
Dont forget to put to 20 MHZ.

Wat I did is later I see in different smartfones the wifi connection from your house router ,use that to connect and then go to the browser on your smartphone and make a connection with 192.168.10.0 log in with admin, go to advanced and select your Yuneec Breeze 4k and connect.
Later you wil see for example "Breeze_92049D-plus. Once the comfast is configuerd it stays there.

I have tested the Yuneec Breeze 4K outside with my Samsung s6 edge and has a mutch better wifi connection right up to my geofence of 80 meters high but the video and foto's is lagging a bit, but up to 60 meters works pretty goed for video/foto's and wifi very goed.

Follow Me is still a problem not working goed but on a samsung S5 works very goed also on my iphone 5 very goed. Samsung s4 follow me does not work.

The Comfast CF-WR371AC works for me so I take no responsability if you can't get it working !!!! For about €16 euro on internet is very cheap to try this.

2.4G & 5 GHZ WIFI Repeater USB 3.0 Extender 600 mbps Mini Draadloze Netwerk Router Wi Fi Roteador 802.11AC Dual Band Wifi Versterker in 2.4G & 5 GHZ WIFI Repeater USB 3.0 Extender 600 mbps Mini Draadloze Netwerk Router Wi-Fi Roteador 802.11AC Dual Band Wifi Versterker van Draadloze Routers op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep.

20170615_183520.jpg

Comfast Dual 2,4GHZ \ 5,8GHZ extender transmitter CF-WR371AC to a powerbank.

Have a happy Yuneec Breeze.

Attachments

• 20170531_201339.jpg
    20170531_201339.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 138
  • 20170615_162858.jpg
    20170615_162858.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
  • 20170617_091515.jpg
    20170617_091515.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 131
  • 20170617_091432.jpg
    20170617_091432.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Unlike the bebop which runs on 2.4Ghz we need a 5Ghz wifi for the Breeze.
I tested my range extender with a battery pack now for a few times. It works and I can reach the geofence (100m far, 80m high) without loosing control or even video connection! :)

The router is a netis WF2710 which runs on 9V (for me: 7 x 1,2V NiMH). It is configured as "AP+WDS" and. The connection from the router to the breeze is defined in the WDS settings. So I connect my smartphone to the AccessPoint of the router and can fly the breeze.

View attachment 4926View attachment 4927 View attachment 4928

Hi was just wondering if you could do a detail explantion as to how you set the router up and how you connected it all up?
or a link to web page you found explaningthe set up.
I'm using a android phone though...
Thanks in advance

Reactions: iancului99
20170615_183520.jpg
Hi was just wondering if you could do a detail explantion as to how you set the router up and how you connected it all up?
or a link to web page you found explaningthe set up.
I'm using a android phone though...
Thanks in advance

I think I have to wait because in the next few days there wil be a new firmware and I have to test it if it still works.

Hallo Breeze fans,

The Comfast Dual 2,4GHZ \ 5,8GHZ extender transmitter CF-WR371AC with a powerbank works with my Yuneec Breeze 4K hier in Holland and so I expect that it wil work hier in europe .
I configured the Comfast with a laptop on 192.168.10.1 to my router in house and changed the wifi settings from China to The Netherlands or another country like Germany,Canada, USA what ever country and changed the Channel to "Auto (DFS).
Wat I did is later I see in different smartfones the wifi connection from your house router ,use that to connect and then go to the browser on your smartphone and make a connection with 192.168.10.0 log in with admin, go to advanced and select your Yuneec Breeze 4k and connect.
Later you wil see for example "Breeze_92049D-plus. Once the comfast is configuerd it stays there.

I have tested the Yuneec Breeze 4K outside with my Samsung s6 edge and has a mutch better wifi connection right up to my geofence of 80 meters high but the video and foto's is lagging a bit, but up to 60 meters works pretty goed for video/foto's and wifi very goed.

Follow Me is still a problem not working goed but on a samsung S5 works very goed also on my iphone 5 very goed. Samsung s4 follow me does not work.

The Comfast CF-WR371AC works for me so I take no responsability if you can't get it working !!!! For about €16 euro on internet is very cheap to try this.

2.4G & 5 GHZ WIFI Repeater USB 3.0 Extender 600 mbps Mini Draadloze Netwerk Router Wi Fi Roteador 802.11AC Dual Band Wifi Versterker in 2.4G & 5 GHZ WIFI Repeater USB 3.0 Extender 600 mbps Mini Draadloze Netwerk Router Wi-Fi Roteador 802.11AC Dual Band Wifi Versterker van Draadloze Routers op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep.

View attachment 6252

Comfast Dual 2,4GHZ \ 5,8GHZ extender transmitter CF-WR371AC to a powerbank.

Have a happy Yuneec Breeze.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your description, it looks realy useful.
But from your pic what shows bandwitch strenght I'm not sure is it enough strong to reach the geofence limit both verticaly and horizontaly. Whats your experiences about it? Could you reach the maximum limits in same time?

Height was 80 meters en the wifi signal was goed but foto and video was a bit choppy at that height but when I lookt at it on the computer was goed.
Distance I have to check this weekend and on the new firmware 1.47 have a good wifi connection also with the comfast CF-WR371AC connection was goed.

Just a reminder this is a zelfie drone and for me at home or vacation I think 30 to 50 meters in height enough and it does its work as long it has with the comfast a good stong signal.
If it goes up to 80 meters I can't even see it.;):D.

So I have to do further testing this weekend.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Height was 80 meters en the wifi signal was goed but foto and video was a bit choppy at that height but when I lookt at it on the computer was goed.
Distance I have to check this weekend and on the new firmware 1.47 have a good wifi connection also with the comfast CF-WR371AC connection was goed.

Just a reminder this is a zelfie drone and for me at home or vacation I think 30 to 50 meters in height enough and it does its work as long it has with the comfast a good stong signal.
If it goes up to 80 meters I can't even see it.;):D.

So I have to do further testing this weekend.:rolleyes:

I understand and of course I know it's not for long distance flights but I can imagine easily some situation where it's useful if I can use the whole distance what the geofence allows.

Anyway I've already ordered one:) thanks

Hi, yesterday I have tested my drone with new firmware 1.47 for holland EU and works perfect even with controller. Maximum geofence verticaal and horizontal with No choppy foto's or video and WiFi perfect. Fotos and video perfect, even my followme workt.
My hat off for yuneec and hope that it stays this way.
My phones are Samsung s6 edge/s4 and iphone 5 and works very goed.
Groeten uit Holland (the netherlands)

Last edited:
I configured the Comfast with a laptop with win10, connected wifi to the home router with your own sid and password wifi.
After that connect to the browser 192.168.10.1 and username / password is "admin and admin". Doe not forget to put the wifi switch on 5,8ghz on the comfast.
Go to the home wifi SID......-plus and make connection.
This is a wifi comfast connection to the extender.
Connect again to the browser 192.168.10.1,password is admin.
Basic green, change the wifi settings from China to The Netherlands or another country like Germany,Canada, USA what ever country and changed the Channel to "Auto (DFS). Channel 20mhz.
Apply.
After this do the same to the Yuneec breeze when you get a green light , select wifi and make a connection to breeze .
See yunec breeze as a router.

I configured the Comfast with a laptop with win10, connected wifi to the home router with your own sid and password wifi.
After that connect to the browser 192.168.10.1 and username / password is "admin and admin". Doe not forget to put the wifi switch on 5,8ghz on the comfast.
Basic green, change the wifi settings from China to The Netherlands or another country like Germany,Canada, USA what ever country and changed the Channel to "Auto (DFS). Channel 20mhz.
Apply.
After this do the same to the Yuneec breeze when you get a green light , select wifi and make a connection to breeze .

OK, I set the Breeze as a router at home from a laptop. After this if I take out the Comfast from the usb port and connect to a power bank , will it remember to the settings what has been set or does it need a laptop all the time?

I've just got an email about there was some problem with the parcel service, so now I have to choose between ship the Comfast again or get the money back.

OK, I set the Breeze as a router at home from a laptop. After this if I take out the Comfast from the usb port and connect to a power bank , will it remember to the settings what has been set or does it need a laptop all the time?

I've just got an email about there was some problem with the parcel service, so now I have to choose between ship the Comfast again or get the money back.

Yes it wil remember and jou should have know a breeze_94***df-plus connection.
Just never mind the email from Ali express parcel service

Reactions: hpc_bnc
Apply.
Hi,

The COMFAST extender stick and the BREEZE uses a different IP range. So i have to change the BREEZE IP range to 192.168.10.xx Is it possilbe? Never tried.

You can not change the IP range for the breeze or the extender , For what reason?? Ik works for mee good with its own IP Range.

COMFAST: I've already connected it with the Breeze and I can see live view, I can download the clips, but the app doesn't shows anything exept the live view. It doesn't show: info of battery, gps, irs, ofm, compass, imu. All of them are grey. Only the pilot and the fpv mode is click-able, in that modes liveview is ok with a little late, it looks like everything is ok, but I can't move the angle of camera. I didn't try to take off in this conditions, but I guess if I try it, it would do the same (nothing).
Can you help me please what should I check? may at the advanced settings?

Thank you for the link, I've ordered this one and expected delivery is the beginning of next week, I will give you an update on how it performs once I have tested it :)
I have also found a cheap usb powered dual band extender on Ebay that might work:)
WiFi + S 300Mbps USB Wireless Router Dual Band WIFI Signal Range Extender | eBay
Hi, i bought one like this from ebay, just a quick question, were u able to get it to work?, if so, can u tell me how to configure it, mine cant find the breeze on tge selections of network to extend the wifi.. thanks

If it is 2,4ghz it won't work only 5,8ghz works.

The comfast CF-WR371AC works very goed and has a strong connection. No choppy video or foto lag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79