Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Build 829 (Patch) is now out. Here we go again!

I believe they put the digital zoom in for the SAR folks that need a way to enlarge the image while in the air when they can’t bring the aircraft any closer to the Object of Interest.

I will agree that the zoom is totally useless from a photographic standpoint and can be better achieved in post processing.

User selectable functions for the AUX button would be of a higher priority for most pilots and photo/videographers.

Hi,

I installed 822/829 and came back to 784.

1 I found that the camera connection took longer than before (784: 4 to 5 s - 822: 10 to 12s) I am in china / us version.

2 the "Aircraft GPS switch" does not work properly, If I put it in the OFF position, it remains permanently in this OFF position, even if it indicates that it is in position ON > GPS loss

3 From 8 to 10 starts, the return camera video disappears (random)

I did not even try to fly, it reminded me of the worries with the 806/809

I went back to the 784, but to clear the bug of the Aircraft GPS switch (GPS OFF permanently), I had to go down to the 652 version in order to properly erase the autopilot, then go back to the 784 .

In short, even in official OTA, it's not brilliant
Hey Oliver
Experiencing exact same issue with GPS switch now as you had :-( downgrading now

I’ll let you folks fight over the cause of the uncommanded ascended issue but the very little bit I know about multirotor design and equipment[emoji6]would put the fault at the baro altimeter , not firmware. A design or manufacturing defect, sudden changes of temperature, or bright light shining on the device. GPS is not accurate enough at this level to be used to maintain altitude. Even with certified avionics GPS is not the primary source used for altitude reference.

Reactions: DCH and 10-8
I’ll let you folks fight over the cause of the uncommanded ascended issue but the very little bit I know about multirotor design and equipment
emoji6.png
would put the fault at the baro altimeter , not firmware.
I agree completely, which is why I am baffled by my experience here at my property, where specific locations seem to cause it every time I try them, and never occurs anywhere else. I have a theory as to the cause, but further study is needed to prove it before I go public (and make a fool of myself) (again). BTW I like the term "Uncommanded ascent"

I’ll let you folks fight over the cause of the uncommanded ascended issue but the very little bit I know about multirotor design and equipment[emoji6]would put the fault at the baro altimeter , not firmware. A design or manufacturing defect, sudden changes of temperature, or bright light shining on the device. GPS is not accurate enough at this level to be used to maintain altitude. Even with certified avionics GPS is not the primary source used for altitude reference.

The barometer (non calibratable) takes a reading and sets your take off point as 0 feet. (Altitude is now 0, not the actual elevation from sea level) As you climb with your craft the atmospheric pressure will be less and the barometer will read and the differential pressure from take off to present will be caculated and your altitude will be shown as calculated. Any variation in atmospheric pressure caused by weather systems comming in or temperature change, humidity will vary your readings. This is why you should use these values as estimates because even on a good day there usually is a variance in altitude readings. It dosn't take mutch variance, 0.266 psi is about 500 feet, even the velocity of the air going by your drone will reduce air pressure to the barometer somewhat.

Now.... Why is the GPS in question? Because, If it is a baro error. The lat. and alt. will show signs of confusion, this is the first indication that the baro. is out of the parameter.

I also notice the "ascent" issue without any input. Will check it next week and update here for any progress.
@DCH @TurboDad81 @RPR

Revert to 784 and do a comparison. I just got back from the field, flying on 784, I’ve flown this build even if the sat. to RC is at 4 connectivity. This build is solid, why don’t just stack the feature on top of this build?

I believe they put the digital zoom in for the SAR folks that need a way to enlarge the image while in the air when they can’t bring the aircraft any closer to the Object of Interest.

I will agree that the zoom is totally useless from a photographic standpoint and can be better achieved in post processing.

User selectable functions for the AUX button would be of a higher priority for most pilots and photo/videographers.

Agree on all points.

I know, I am going to kick myself in the buttocks..... Pat has a point... slight change of the baro parameters can cause this.

Here’s my point and reason. There are times that the H Plus has good connectivity, but it will not arm. Could this also be, because the monitor reading is saying something, but underneath the baro is off? Barometer errors can also trigger when the aircraft switches from gps to none gps hold quickly and constantly, without realizing, because we do not have an error message indicating this?

If there is a barometer error... Those numbers in the bottom of the monitor thingy would go loco.

I assume you mean distance from the take off location is tied to barometer? I can see altitude errors from the barometer going wonky, but I am still lost how that affects the GPS location.

Reactions: PatR
I agree completely, which is why I am baffled by my experience here at my property, where specific locations seem to cause it every time I try them, and never occurs anywhere else. I have a theory as to the cause, but further study is needed to prove it before I go public (and make a fool of myself) (again). BTW I like the term "Uncommanded ascent"

I make a fool out of myself, I do it all the time. No shame in it, just back it up with real world proof. Experience does not make us wise, it is the lessons that we learn, I guess.

As you may have read I ran into the same issue as Oliver the other day after installing a Realsense module on my bird (Yea you read that right) and after manually turned off the GPS to test the IPS in my living room I couldn't re-enable GPS and enter flight mode.

Following Oliver's guide downgrading to 652 and back up again to 784 did not fix it for me, so I submitted a ticket at Yuneec and got the solution first thing this morning with this reply

Hi, the system still thinks it is indoors since you told him so, you may need to wait a bit longer outdoors. what you can try is also, Go under settings, turn on an off the manual mode, 2-3 times end by off, then go under GPS switch and turn this on an off 2-3- till it is on.

Simple enough took the drone outside where it belongs acquired GPS ticked the switch on off a couple of times and I was airborne again.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    416.2 KB · Views: 24
As you may have read I ran into the same issue as Oliver the other day after installing a Realsense module on my bird (Yea you read that right) and after manually turned off the GPS to test the IPS in my living room I couldn't re-enable GPS and enter flight mode.

Following Oliver's guide downgrading to 652 and back up again to 784 did not fix it for me, so I submitted a ticket at Yuneec and got the solution first thing this morning with this reply

Hi, the system still thinks it is indoors since you told him so, you may need to wait a bit longer outdoors. what you can try is also, Go under settings, turn on an off the manual mode, 2-3 times end by off, then go under GPS switch and turn this on an off 2-3- till it is on.

Simple enough took the drone outside where it belongs acquired GPS ticked the switch on off a couple of times and I was airborne again.

I don't get, why you went from 822, downgrade to 652, just to update to 784? Where you could of just stacked and replaced 822 directly using 784.

Just a note, the important part of post #136 is the response from Yuneec. The firmware changes were an attempt to escape from IPS, but did not solve the problem. The act of being outdoors to get good GPS and then toggling Manual mode off/on/off several times and toggling GPS on/off/on several times cures the problem.

This may be something that a future update could cure? You shouldn’t have to repeat an action several times to get the desired results.

Reactions: MountainDroneTN
I don't get, why you went from 822, downgrade to 652, just to update to 784? Where you could of just stacked and replaced 822 directly using 784.
already written above, it is impossible to remove the problem for me

Last edited:
The barometer (non calibratable) takes a reading and sets your take off point as 0 feet. (Altitude is now 0, not the actual elevation from sea level) As you climb with your craft the atmospheric pressure will be less and the barometer will read and the differential pressure from take off to present will be caculated and your altitude will be shown as calculated. Any variation in atmospheric pressure caused by weather systems comming in or temperature change, humidity will vary your readings. This is why you should use these values as estimates because even on a good day there usually is a variance in altitude readings. It dosn't take mutch variance, 0.266 psi is about 500 feet, even the velocity of the air going by your drone will reduce air pressure to the barometer somewhat.

Now.... Why is the GPS in question? Because, If it is a baro error. The lat. and alt. will show signs of confusion, this is the first indication that the baro. is out of the parameter.

I don’t know how old you are but I first started teaching aviation in 1987, with one of the lessons about how flight instruments function, including a pressure altimeter. So thanks for the brief reminder.

A divergence between pressure and GPS altitude has no impact on lat/long position. The two separate measurement instruments are not linked. GPS altitude is almost always inaccurate, which is why the military still insists everyone referenced pressure altitude. If GPS altitude is to be used for altitude reporting it has to be modified/corrected with an offset formula.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop