Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Build 829 (Patch) is now out. Here we go again!

Alright, I will not be the most popular member (again.. LOL) I stole a flight in downtown SF, launched on top of my a friends rooftop apartment. I am not proud of this flight, due to safety, but I would fly one for the team. Build 822 held up beyond my expectations... This friend of mine also runs a drone business, and was amazed. I do not want to mention of who he is, but one easily find him on Instagram via hastags, and he is known to fly..... UGH! As an FAA part 107 pilot (no comment on his safety, but an awesome cenimatographer pilot) So, I let him do the honors of flying. It flew well, and my H Plus tracked a new achievements in distance. But what happened? Nothing has changed in my setup and settings. Location and workflow, but what I can only think that Build 822 is false peaking "false connectivity" that is why I am seeing high rate of connectivity than before, but in reality they are false reading. Could this be the case?

Hi,

I installed 822/829 and came back to 784.

1 I found that the camera connection took longer than before (784: 4 to 5 s - 822: 10 to 12s) I am in china / us version.

2 the "Aircraft GPS switch" does not work properly, If I put it in the OFF position, it remains permanently in this OFF position, even if it indicates that it is in position ON > GPS loss

3 From 8 to 10 starts, the return camera video disappears (random)

I did not even try to fly, it reminded me of the worries with the 806/809

I went back to the 784, but to clear the bug of the Aircraft GPS switch (GPS OFF permanently), I had to go down to the 652 version in order to properly erase the autopilot, then go back to the 784 .

In short, even in official OTA, it's not brilliant

When, you approached me, with what you are going through, it has me baffled. Today, I am able to sit down, but I would not be able to help concerning 822 anymore, because like you, I've reverted, and I am replying to you in the pit, where yet again 784 will forever be that Build.

Reactions: oliver
I did 35 years of research and development, and a lot as a manager (especially in the aerospace industry).

If I worked like Yuneec, I would not have held 3 months, my boss would have me fired.

But I notice that this trend of "we do, we'll see", especially in the electronics / computer sector becomes general.

The mechanical design of the T PLUS is great.

Reactions: RPR
I just hold the red button down for a couple of seconds. No tapping. Hold and it kills the motors. Also, when fairly windy, and 20 mph is fairly windy, you might find it easier to simply hand catch rather than land on the ground
Holding does nothing. I have to tap it in quick succession for it to shut down. After about 8 taps, the props slow down with every tap, then finally turns off and gives me a weird chime. Never done the whole hand catch thing. I'm almost afraid to do that with this issue. I don't want to get into a fight with an H Plus.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. Same thing was happening on build 784. Didn't do it on 809 global at all. Didn't fly it on 822 before getting the 829 app patch, so I don't know if it was this patch that caused it.

Something I have noticed with me, and with you in this video you posted. I personally like launching and landing right beside my car. Especially when I'm just getting a handful of photos and leaving. I can be in and out in 5 minutes. When this was happening to me on 784, I was right beside my car every time. Whenever I got 50+ feet away from it, I never had the issue. I flew it today with no issues when I was away from my car. I landed it on the roof, changed batteries, ignored the geomagnetic warning and launched. It crept up, but not very fast. I just flew it away from my car and it stopped climbing.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, my car is alway turned off and keys in my pocket.

Flying by the side of my car has never pose and issue, my launchpad is always close to my vehicle. I am also wrapping up to head home, and flew with 784 uninterrupted, with RC signal strength of 5 satellites, and AC at around 11.

My message are back to normal, no more errors except for geomagnetic interference that I often ignore.

Reactions: TurboDad81
I have the 520 and the + and have never done anything else for shutdown except hold the stick down as I land. Motors generally shut down within a couple seconds. I realize I am the exception around here, but thought I would post what I do since others have as well.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
When, you approached me, with what you are going through, it has me baffled. Today, I am able to sit down, but I would not be able to help concerning 822 anymore, because like you, I've reverted, and I am replying to you in the pit, where yet again 784 will forever be that Build.

And this is why you buy another Plus for backups. My backup is running 822 and I hate it. My primary still is running 784 because it's just too solid of a build that negates upgrading to the next BETA testing firmware. Something significant needs to happen for the next upgrade to warrant leaving 784.

@RPR & @JackMTaco, do you ever get the involuntary ascend after liftoff with 784 (where you must hold the stick down to hover)? It was a very rare thing before I updated to 822/829, I seem to be getting it more often. I never tried 784, I skipped over it to 809, then 822 and on to 829. I have been thinking about trying 784.

I was setting up to do it when I decided to check for updates at the last minute and was the first to notice 822 -go figure, so I went with that instead of 784. Might have been a mistake? I don't really have any complaints except for the climb away thing, which I will not tolerate for a second, so I always land immediately and power cycle the aircraft. That usually cures it, however yesterday that didn't fix it after 2 or 3 power cycles so I canceled the flight. When I came back 20 minutes later it was fine. Things like this make me wonder about the advanced calibrations that we no longer have, and how tribal knowledge taught us that when things like this happen we need to perform them. I'm ready to trade 822/829 and Digital Zoom (are you kidding me?) for 784 and Advanced calibrations.

@RPR & @JackMTaco, do you ever get the involuntary ascend after liftoff with 784 (where you must hold the stick down to hover)? It was a very rare thing before I updated to 822/829, I seem to be getting it more often. I never tried 784, I skipped over it to 809, then 822 and on to 829. I have been thinking about trying 784.

I was setting up to do it when I decided to check for updates at the last minute and was the first to notice 822 -go figure, so I went with that instead of 784. Might have been a mistake? I don't really have any complaints except for the climb away thing, which I will not tolerate for a second, so I always land immediately and power cycle the aircraft. That usually cures it, however yesterday that didn't fix it after 2 or 3 power cycles so I canceled the flight. When I came back 20 minutes later it was fine. Things like this make me wonder about the advanced calibrations that we no longer have, and how tribal knowledge taught us that when things like this happen we need to perform them. I'm ready to trade 822/829 and Digital Zoom (are you kidding me?) for 784 and Advanced calibrations.

It happened a few times. I recalibrated everything and didnt have it happened again.

On 757 once, I recalibrated and it went away. 784 a couple times, recalibrated and it also went away.

Bro. I described 822 as “saucy” I should change that to “sassy” S M H

I am back to 784, and I just completed successful missions. No hiccups, no problems. Gosh! We are stuck on 784 [emoji23]

Reactions: JackMTaco
Hello, I had the 757 and had the same problem, with the new one I have not tried, I do not risk it, I take it with my hand or I land in automatic.

I’ll take it back @Ty Pilot
The motors take five seconds to disarm at zero rate. At fifty % rate the motor disarms in three seconds

Reactions: Ty Pilot
822 Still strong for me as I wrote earlier I must be blessed, or when I had my drone in for repair in the early days and Yuneec completely reflashed it they removed some bad code that may or may still be present in some drones (Just a personal thought I have been playing with?)

Anyways flew in a highly populated industrial location this morning not a single hiccup during the flight :)

Attachments

• YUN_0003-Enhanced.jpg
    YUN_0003-Enhanced.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: 10-8
@RPR & @JackMTaco, Things like this make me wonder about the advanced calibrations that we no longer have, and how tribal knowledge taught us that when things like this happen we need to perform them. I'm ready to trade 822/829 and Digital Zoom (are you kidding me?) for 784 and Advanced calibrations.

It's a mystery to me why so many people are having issues and I think DCH is correct in that the periodic and systematic calibrations found in 784 and prior versions will keep the wolf from the door. I have never had any of the issues spoken about and I attribute it to removing old versions of the software prior to updates and religiously using advanced calibration properly and often. I do not launch near cars, I do not carry my cell phone I do not carry my car entrance device I wait patiently for proper satellite count. I keep the drone clean and store it where it will not not encounter dust. i keep props (rotors) off the H+ when not being used. I have experienced corruption of software but only twice once when I used the original beta software release which was loaded on it and recently when APK got corrupted. In both those instances it was apparent prior to flight so there were no problems. I fly and maintain the drone as if I was a passenger in it. As has been alluded to often, don't fix it if it ain't broke. Spending time keeping it properly calibrated and giving it proper maintenance will never come back to haunt you. Toying with it unnecessarily and sloppy launch procedures will come back to haunt you.

Reactions: DCH and AH-1G
It's a mystery to me why so many people are having issues and I think DCH is correct in that the periodic and systematic calibrations found in 784 and prior versions will keep the wolf from the door. I have never had any of the issues spoken about and I attribute it to removing old versions of the software prior to updates and religiously using advanced calibration properly and often. I do not launch near cars, I do not carry my cell phone I do not carry my car entrance device I wait patiently for proper satellite count. I keep the drone clean and store it where it will not not encounter dust. i keep props (rotors) off the H+ when not being used. I have experienced corruption of software but only twice once when I used the original beta software release which was loaded on it and recently when APK got corrupted. In both those instances it was apparent prior to flight so there were no problems. I fly and maintain the drone as if I was a passenger in it. As has been alluded to often, don't fix it if it ain't broke. Spending time keeping it properly calibrated and giving it proper maintenance will never come back to haunt you. Toying with it unnecessarily and sloppy launch procedures will come back to haunt you.

In the real near perfect world, we would love to practice those as you mentioned. Flying in a dust free environment, not having a cellphone, not launching near cars, I have kissed those days behind me. . I move locations frequently, and waiting for a proper sat. connectivity Yuneec as taught me, it is a slow and aging process, a waste of money, but it is what it is.

FW 822/829 is fast, and I stated my case, when Yuneec implemented a password. Before Yuneec engineer, and tester gave me a password, I and one other member has found the code deep within the source code. It is not have things, because the platform that is used runs on a rooted Android. I calibrate frequently and systematically if needed, only if see certain notification that warrants me to calibrate, aside from that the drone should only calibrated if need or it has traveled a certain distance. Where I work, I can make a DJI drone have hiccups in areas, where I fly, but Yuneec is the only drone in my fleet that's has a week connectivity. In regards to the new 822 firmware, it flew solid for a week, and on the following week it did not perform as it did to the days prior.

We need the calibrators back. IMU, RC, and Gyro.

Reactions: mbernholdt
In the real near perfect world, we would love to practice those as you mentioned. Flying in a dust free environment, not having a cellphone, not launching near cars, I have kissed those days behind me. . I move locations frequently, and waiting for a proper sat. connectivity Yuneec as taught me, it is a slow and aging process, a waste of money, but it is what it is.

FW 822/829 is fast, and I stated my case, when Yuneec implemented a password. Before Yuneec engineer, and tester gave me a password, I and one other member has found the code deep within the source code. It is not have things, because the platform that is used runs on a rooted Android. I calibrate frequently and systematically if needed, only if see certain notification that warrants me to calibrate, aside from that the drone should only calibrated if need or it has traveled a certain distance. Where I work, I can make a DJI drone have hiccups in areas, where I fly, but Yuneec is the only drone in my fleet that's has a week connectivity. In regards to the new 822 firmware, it flew solid for a week, and on the following week it did not perform as it did to the days prior.

We need the calibrators back. IMU, RC, and Gyro.
Please read more carefully "stored in a dust free environment" not fly in a dust free environment. I've flown in some of the filthiest places on earth. For example areas with volcanic dust the substance of which emery cloth is made of. The Amazon with 100% humidity and over 100 degrees. Iceland with frigid temps and high winds...please don't interpret this advice as someone who is flying in ideal conditions or someone who has the ability to control their conditions but as someone who has the ability to monitor what the proper way to maintain and launch a drone is. What takes more time waiting for satellite connection or having to constantly switch what version of software you're flying because you haven't narrowed the parameters properly of what's causing your unexplainable problems? Do you commonly use your cell phone while flying....I think not so turn it off and store it somewhere else other than on you...I work off news deadlines often times and it's never been a problem to shut it off and separate it from me while flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I'm currently flying 757 and had the issue of continuous rising and had to go full down stick to even get the aircraft to slowly come down. Power cycle fixed it but, it happened a time or two after that as well. Yesterday, after 5 months or so of not flying because of the nasty Oregon weather, I had an issue right out of the gate. Lifted off and had no forward or L/R control with the right stick. Had only rear control. During the time I tried to figure out what was going on, the issue stopped without having to power cycle. Bottom line is that this aircraft seems a little buggy but just random things almost every time I fly. Question is should I update the latest or just recalibrate when problems come up? I don't really like the idea of losing access to cal all sensors so that's kinda what's got me on the fence about updating the "latest and greatest".

If it ain't broke.....
I think all FW versions suffer from this "Uplifting" situation from time to time. Seems like all FW versions are reporting this issue. I still think a power cycle is the best fix until this is addressed and eliminated.
If I were going to do it over, I would not have loaded 822/829 (digital zoom? Really?). I would stick with whatever works well and wait for a year or so, letting others be the guinea pigs with these baby step updates, that do very little -if anything useful, until Yuneec gets it right and fixes all the bugs and features.

That's my 2 cents anyway. That and two pennies will net you exactly 2 cents!

822 Still strong for me as I wrote earlier I must be blessed, or when I had my drone in for repair in the early days and Yuneec completely reflashed it they removed some bad code that may or may still be present in some drones (Just a personal thought I have been playing with?)

Anyways flew in a highly populated industrial location this morning not a single hiccup during the flight :)
Cool looking Cabovers, I would like to drive one of those.

Something's gotta give, here. I just went and flew a new job, in the middle of nowhere. It's a farm with a new house being built on it. The first flight battery, it flew just as smooth as butter. It's 43° and wind is 17mph, gusting 28mph. No warnings at all on the screen. Set a few waypoints in a CCC mission and took a some photos. Got 20:11 minutes out of it before I got the first battery warning. Landed it just fine, shutdown the H+, swapped batteries, started it back up.

I put the second battery in, got a geomagnetic warning, cleared it and launched. I flew it about 200 feet in a straight line, and began walking towards it. I'm on a new construction site with brand new footings dug, so there's mounds of dirt all over the place. I took my eyes off the H+ for a few seconds so I could walk through the site, and heard it getting further away from me, pretty fast. I looked back up at it, and noticed it had started climbing on its own, way faster than ever before. I held the left stick down, and to my surprise, it came down at a normal rate. Once it got about 20 feet from the ground, the descent slowed way down. Took probably a minute to get to the ground from 20 feet up. I got it set down, it tried to flip over backwards. I launched it back up, then back down to try to land again. I held the left stick down and clicked the red button 3 times. It shut off and I got an emergency landing message. It would not let me start the props again. I assume it's supposed to do that after an emergency landing. I shut the H+ down, and tried again. It launched, but started climbing very slowly. The rear light started flashing white, then back to solid purple. It then hovered just fine. I finished taking photos at a lower altitude, then took it up to 200 feet to take some straight-down photos. I wanted to save the waypoint, but it would not let me. It would open the CCC, but every time I clicked add waypoint, nothing happened. I landed it, shut down the H+ and the ST16S, then restarted them both. Took it up about 10 feet and watched it try to climb on its own again. I did this twice. I got tired of trying, so I gave up on it.

I really hope Yuneec does something to fix this. It is absolutely embarrassing when I'm standing there with a contractor (and potential long-term client) and this happens. Not to mention any safety issues this causes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones