Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera binding issues

Reaction score
After a number of flights with no problem now my cgo3 camera will not bind to my typhoon h. I have created a new model and started the binding process all over and still after 10 minutes of refreshing and rescanning the camera is still not showing up. It is displaying a solid white light

After a number of flights with no problem now my cgo3 camera will not bind to my typhoon h. I have created a new model and started the binding process all over and still after 10 minutes of refreshing and rescanning the camera is still not showing up. It is displaying a solid white light
On the back of the camera just behind the sd slot there are two very small push buttons. Press the one of the right to reset the wif and then try binding again.

Camera reset buttons.jpg

On the back of the camera just behind the sd slot there are two very small push buttons. Press the one of the right to reset the wif and then try binding again.

View attachment 9125
Thanks Steve. I am on a job and it will be an hour or so before I get back to mess with the typhoon. I will try and let you know. It just seems weird that it works fine and I have had a typhoon q500 for years that has never had a binding issue but it seems like I'm seeing a lot of people have binding issues with your cgo3 and their typhoon h. Even when it was working fine sometimes he camera would connect after a few seconds and sometimes it would take minutes. Seems like there is some kind of firmware or software fix for this because it seems to be a common issue I'm seeing in a lot of message boards

View attachment 9125

Very interesting, Steve. You're an encyclopedia of knowledge on the H.

I've noticed my CGO3+ taking noticeably longer to come up on the ST16 but it still comes up. Should I reset the wifi?

What happens if you reboot the camera? For example, I've recently changed sharpness from 6 to 8. Will rebooting it set it back to 6?

View attachment 9125
Steve I just saw your notes on the picture. Would it hurt to press both buttons and reboot the camera or should I try just the Wi-Fi reset first? Also should I do this while the camera is powered up on the Drone or while the camera is off?

Thank you so much sir. After powering up the Drone and pressing that reset button on the right the st16 picked it up right away and binded within seconds. You are a lifesaver. Thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much!!!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Very interesting, Steve. You're an encyclopedia of knowledge on the H.
I've noticed my CGO3+ taking noticeably longer to come up on the ST16 but it still comes up. Should I reset the wifi?
Try the reset and see what happens. :)
BTW, I just accumulate information when I find it. I've never had an original thought. Just ask my wife.

Reactions: Chewman
Well to be honest tea it worked perfectly and then I powered it off and power it back up and it did not recognize the camera again. I tried pressing the reset button but the light stays white after waiting a few minutes and pressing it again the light still stayed wiped after the third time they light turn red and started flashing green and then connected finally. Now I have powered it on and off three times and it seems to connect fine every time but this is she really doesn't make sense. I've never crashed my drone and it has never been dropped or taken any damage. Also I'm assuming you do this when it's on which was very difficult because the camera Motors keep trying to keep me from manipulating the camera how I need to to get to those tiny buttons. Does it work with the camera off and if you reboot do you have to press both of those little small buttons at the same time?? I really do appreciate all the help considering it's the weekend and can't get yuneec on the phone. And by the way my better half would say the same thing about me and my thoughts

Try the reset and see what happens. :)
BTW, I just accumulate information when I find it. I've never had an original thought. Just ask my wife.

I think we're a lot alike. Every time I find a good piece of information I add it to my collection of documents. Every time I find a good YouTube video I add it to my "Typhoon H" Library on YouTube. I have a good memory but it pales in comparison to my "paper brains". I'm kind of an infoholic.

Well, my wife doesn't sound a lot different from yours. She reminds me she can do things just fine without me. Until, or course, something isn't functioning properly. Then I've got to drop everything and fix it. Especially true with computers. :D

Reactions: Steve Carr
Probably a silly question but... if you power up the H... you have to hold the bird in the air above your head to be able to press the right button to reset the wi-fi. That seems awkward. If you have the H powered on and you simply turn it upside down on a flat surface such as a workbench the gimbal will go nuts.

Is there a sensible way to accomplish wi-fi reset without endangering the gimbal or performing over the head acrobatics.

Place a dollar store mirror under the H on the table and use a small plastic tool to press the button.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic