Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CCC mode with the H+

I just got an answer from a German Youtuber, he told me to push the throttle for a few moments, then the drone goes to waypoint # 1 of the mission !
Outstanding. Did he mention how to stop or control speed?

No !
But I think for all modes with the new ST16, you must first set the speed before starting the mission !
As with P.OI mode, first set the speeds, then start the POI mode.

Just to be clear if I may ask, are you saying that hitting "Start" does nothing but; Raising and holding the throttle stick for a few moments takes it to waypoint one? Then, what is needed to initiate flight? Hitting Start then sends it on its way perhaps?

On the manual of the H Plus or the on-screen help of the ST16, they only say that you have to tap on "Next" after entering the waypoints, and then on "Start" !
They do not say anything else !
It's up to us to guess how !
It's really stupid of Yuneec, not to be precise in the explanations they give us to use their new ST16s !
I think the left stick pushed forward makes the mission in the order of increasing waypoints, and the left stick pushed back makes the mission in descending order of the waypoint !
These days, I'll go do field tests !

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I want to contact Dan at Yuneec England to find out more !
Because in France, it's total silence, we are alone and without possibility of having intelligent answers from Yuneec France !

Sounds about like us here in the US.

Update: I just took the Plus to my flying site and for two full batteries, tried to get a CCC mission to commence - no joy. I could not get it to go to the first way point or fly the mission and I tried two batteries work of every stick movement and pattern I could think of. I tried going from a fresh CCC screen and then through the Execute CCC screen - Nothing. I am on the build 507 (original firmware)

It will be interesting to see what Oliver finds about the new update. Till then I am holding off.

Ok Ty Pilot ! Welcome to the CCC desperate club !
Today I will update, and tomorrow I will try !
I hope this problem has been solved on the latest firmware !

This morning, I went to test for the CCC mode !
Several tests and still no precise procedure to launch a mission !
At one point, I managed to start a mission, by moving the throttle stick (for me, left sleeve), but impossible to tell you how I did !
Is it by pushing for a few seconds in front of the handle ?
Is it by pulling back the handle a few seconds ?
Is it by tilting the handle on the left or right ?
I did not memorize my gesture !
I was pissed off with all these stupid tests, because it's really disappointing to sell a drone with flight modes that we can not use !
It's not up to the user to guess how to use the drone !
When we want to claim to be a "professional" brand, we must make a serious and detailed user manual !
Merde !
If a Yuneec employee goes through this forum, it would be nice to inquire, because as a Yuneec user, we send messages and no one answers at Yuneec !

Reactions: LinsonW
No one from a Yuneec monitors this forum. Take a breathe and follow the screen animations. You need to let it fly to that first waypoint and set up hover before giving it direction speed. The left stick should be forward speed or reverse speed - up is forward and the higher the push the faster the route. This is because the right stick can become full gimbal control with the pan knob switch all the way down. You can vary speed during the route with the left stick. Remember, CCC is an auto pilot that you have no control over and not 100% accurate. You must be ready to hit the pause or exit and stop the route if it’s looking wrong and headed towards any objects or the ground.

Finally, what’s your purpose for using CCC? It’s kind of a gimmick that replaces real piloting and shooting and is a lot of work often to execute. I have yet to have a shooting scenario that it made sense to use. I spent a month learning it also on the 480 still haven’t used it in any practical way.

Reactions: thoneter
Have you gotten a Plus to do a ccc mission? I've tried also but it will not start. I tried the same steps as with the 480 as well as other assorted stick movements and get nothing

I really think there is a bug in the ccc

Not that it's relevant, but this is the exact scenario that was played out when I had my "fall from the sky" crash with the H.
Tried to initiate a CCC... was able to get the H to fly to 1st waypoint and hover, but nothing would get it to move from there... and I was looking down at the ST-16 trying to abort, when it decided it was tired and that's all she wrote.

Will keep that in mind. So far there are three known members with Plus's that have tried to execute a CCC without success. I would also Note that after not being able to fly CCC I thought I would try another flight mode such as Follow me; this after minutes of flight 17 sats on the bird, 8 on the controller and I got a message that said something to the effect of; 'not enough sats for positioning, normal flight mode returned' :rolleyes:

So that is two of the modes non-functioning.

No one from a Yuneec monitors this forum. Take a breathe and follow the screen animations. You need to let it fly to that first waypoint and set up hover before giving it direction speed. The left stick should be forward speed or reverse speed - up is forward and the higher the push the faster the route. This is because the right stick can become full gimbal control with the pan knob switch all the way down. You can vary speed during the route with the left stick. Remember, CCC is an auto pilot that you have no control over and not 100% accurate. You must be ready to hit the pause or exit and stop the route if it’s looking wrong and headed towards any objects or the ground.

Finally, what’s your purpose for using CCC? It’s kind of a gimmick that replaces real piloting and shooting and is a lot of work often to execute. I have yet to have a shooting scenario that it made sense to use. I spent a month learning it also on the 480 still haven’t used it in any practical way.

"" Finally, what is your goal to use CCC ? "
I use the CCC mode with the H480, because I work alone with the drone, and by putting it in flight programmed, I am free to use the camera with the right joystick, but with the H Plus, impossible to have a flight that starts easily !

Reactions: DCH
Will keep that in mind. So far there are three known members with Plus's that have tried to execute a CCC without success. I would also Note that after not being able to fly CCC I thought I would try another flight mode such as Follow me; this after minutes of flight 17 sats on the bird, 8 on the controller and I got a message that said something to the effect of; 'not enough sats for positioning, normal flight mode returned' :rolleyes:

So that is two of the modes non-functioning.

Probably not enough on the controller... doesn't the H require a minimum of 10 sats on the ST-16 to enable autonomous flight modes?

The ST-16s does not get as many satellites as the ST-16, I normally see around 8 where as before 10 to 12 was the norm.

I also noticed that the ST16S had less satellite reception than the ST16 of H480 !
(With the H480, the latest version of the ST16, I have the "three antennas").

Well, just need to chime in at this point reading all the CCC reviews. I don't know whether this is unique (excuse the pun) to the Typhoon H and not the H+ but I would see no difference in the operation of the two. I have been using CCC now for several months WITHOUT a glitch and it starts all the time for me. What is not being mentioned above in all the reports is the starting technique.
After you have composed your settings and either before or after you "start" you must take the Pan switch (S2) and switch it to the "Global" position, all the way down (#2). That transfers complete control of the camera to the right switch for pan and tilt functions and starts the Typhoon on its way after pressing up on the left (J1) control stick. It has been working flawlessly for me, but again I've only seen one subscriber here allude to it as everyone describes their start routines.
Jeff Sibelius in his YouTube article on CCC doesn't even mention it. See
For reference my stuff is:
Typhoon H ST16 is V03.01.b30, APK v01.00.45
The drone is SR24S_57884v1.07
CGO3+ is CGO3P_B21274
Houston, Texas, USA

@studio144 If you are referring to the 480 in regards to flying ccc for months - yes that is to be expected. The Typhoon H 480 is a pretty solid system now and has been for around a year and a half. The Typhoon H Plus is a completely different system in terms of how the software operates. Just as a reference point I made the video below and do show in detail all of the steps to perform a CCC. What I can tell you is that my Typhoon H Plus (and Probably gamic's too) will NOT initiate a CCC or follow me in my case and it is not due to not knowing how. I think in my case it is likely to be fixed with a firmware update which; as more users are finding out, is not dysfunctional

Reactions: PhotoGuy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430