Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CCC mode with the H+

Build 777 is the most recent H Plus FW update.

Build 777 is the most recent H Plus FW update.

I see. Thanks. I've updated weekly for some time and no updates so far, (here in the U.S.) have resolved this issue for me and I don't seem to be alone. I'll keep flying and trying the CCC, hoping that one of the updates will have corrected the problem. It's a pretty big selling point for this drone to not have it working properly. I also need to call CS at Yuneec. It's winter now and there won't be much flying again until spring.

Have flown a bunch of successful CCC missions until last week where I really needed it and it only worked out one time.

And after many flights testing since then I have found out that the CCC only can be activated if you have 16 or more sattlites connected to the controller.

I got that confirmation today when satellite reception was poor and bounced back and forth between 12 and 17 on my controller at 15 and below no way to enable the CCC but as soon as I got 16 or more the mission could be activated and flew fine even if the satt dropped during the mission flight.

Reactions: rdonson
So 16 sats is the magic number? That is very valuable information. I had not seen a specified minimum satellites for CCC on the Plus... having difficulty believing all the reported CCC inconsistancy specific to the Plus, has simply been to a low satellite count on the ST-16S.

Reactions: mbernholdt
So 16 sats is the magic number? That is very valuable information. I had not seen a specified minimum satellites for CCC on the Plus... having difficulty believing all the reported CCC inconsistancy specific to the Plus, has simply been to a low satellite count on the ST-16S.
intresting peggy`s vid only shows 14 sats on controller (dont have a plus so cant help test this out) Screenshot_3.png

Reactions: DCH and mbernholdt
Have flown a bunch of successful CCC missions until last week where I really needed it and it only worked out one time.

And after many flights testing since then I have found out that the CCC only can be activated if you have 16 or more sattlites connected to the controller.

I got that confirmation today when satellite reception was poor and bounced back and forth between 12 and 17 on my controller at 15 and below no way to enable the CCC but as soon as I got 16 or more the mission could be activated and flew fine even if the satt dropped during the mission flight.

Ive actually flown CCC with 12 ST16s sats and 14 H Plus sats.

While I have only gotten CCC to work twice, that was back in mid July when we were still learning about the new systems on the Plus. When they added 'Smart Mode' back into the Plus, I noticed that it would not be activated with less than 11 satellites - this is where the Icon for satellites locked turned from yellow to green. I have since noted that 1 - 4 sats is red, 5 - 10 is yellow and 11 and above goes green. Is it possible this is the minimum number? This is the magic number for Smart Mode for sure. I stopped trying the CCC after several attempts back in the day, however after I did my first update, I noticed I was getting more satellites on the controller but it still takes about five minutes to get into the green.

Think I will try another mission tomorrow and see what I find and will report back.

Sats.jpg

While I have only gotten CCC to work twice, that was back in mid July when we were still learning about the new systems on the Plus. When they added 'Smart Mode' back into the Plus, I noticed that it would not be activated with less than 11 satellites - this is where the Icon for satellites locked turned from yellow to green. I have since noted that 1 - 4 sats is red, 5 - 10 is yellow and 11 and above goes green. Is it possible this is the minimum number? This is the magic number for Smart Mode for sure. I stopped trying the CCC after several attempts back in the day, however after I did my first update, I noticed I was getting more satellites on the controller but it still takes about five minutes to get into the green.

Think I will try another mission tomorrow and see what I find and will report back.

View attachment 12646

So Ty are you saying you are unable to get CCC to activate/work?

Sort of. I tried getting it to work in my first couple weeks of owning the Plus with only having it work twice. The conversations on this thread and in particular; the last couple posts, have had me reassess why I may have only had limited success with CCC. Looking back I remember in the first month I only would average seeing about 9 sats on the controller. After the first update I noted that the sats were acquired much faster - I think I even posted this on the forum somewhere.

Sort of. I tried getting it to work in my first couple weeks of owning the Plus with only having it work twice. The conversations on this thread and in particular; the last couple posts, have had me reassess why I may have only had limited success with CCC. Looking back I remember in the first month I only would average seeing about 9 sats on the controller. After the first update I noted that the sats were acquired much faster - I think I even posted this on the forum somewhere.

Build 777 took ages to acquire the sats on the st16s, must have been a good 10 mins. But now boots up and acquires pretty quick.
Have you finally dived into 777 now?

I have not. I started with the beta firmware and did the first update and all went well. But the first update caused gimbal problems to some Plus owners. Yuneec released and update that was to fix the problem so because I had no issues I skipped that update. Subsequently, I have skipped the last two as my bird is flying fine. It was in those updates that supposedly the CCC issue was fixed but I still saw some that said they could not get it to work even with the latest updates. Now reading this thread I am wondering if I should update or not. If I get to the field and wait for the sats to acquire and CCC works I will hold fast for the time being.

I have not. I started with the beta firmware and did the first update and all went well. But the first update caused gimbal problems to some Plus owners. Yuneec released and update that was to fix the problem so because I had no issues I skipped that update. Subsequently, I have skipped the last two as my bird is flying fine. It was in those updates that supposedly the CCC issue was fixed but I still saw some that said they could not get it to work even with the latest updates. Now reading this thread I am wondering if I should update or not. If I get to the field and wait for the sats to acquire and CCC works I will hold fast for the time being.

Go for it Ty. Take the plunge. You can always roll back. I have all the firmware’s if you need them

Well that explains a lot then and now I know I'm not "crazy." That explains why some are having few if any issues and others many. I'll have to pay more attention to how many satellites I've connected with . Thanks for sharing this information.

Reactions: mbernholdt
Far as I remember, Build 777 is the latest...

Thanks...getting it now. Good weather here in AZ so I’ll give it an update, calibrate, and check. I’ll try a CCC and then repeat it a couple times and report back. I second all the previous Anafi waypoint observations. I’ve got a home flight plan that’s on mission #30 for a year long study in sunrises.

Still can’t access WiFi for downloading inside app. Maybe this update fixes that? It lets me enter password but then freezes. I still have to set up connection first via Android then open ST and download updates, rebind to camera and complete. This update seems smarter though with more restarts during loading.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece