Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CCC mode with the H+

Sorry to pop up here again but does this update lack any new features and is just fixes? I know I’ve been busy goofing around with other cameras and drones so maybe I expect actual hype about an update. I do see a new GPS switch I believe, so now I’ve got manual mode with or without GPS? I thought manual mode was always GPS off. Oh well. It does connect much faster now to the camera and satellites.

Still can’t access WiFi for downloading inside app. Maybe this update fixes that? It lets me enter password but then freezes. I still have to set up connection first via Android then open ST and download updates, rebind to camera and complete. This update seems smarter though with more restarts during loading.

Craig, have you tried to exit the flight app and go into the wifi settings of the android and connect there? This is how I had to do my first (and only) update. Once you connect though the device, open the flight app back up and then go into the update section and it should connect

Reactions: DCH
Sorry to pop up here again but does this update lack any new features and is just fixes? I know I’ve been busy goofing around with other cameras and drones so maybe I expect actual hype about an update. I do see a new GPS switch I believe, so now I’ve got manual mode with or without GPS? I thought manual mode was always GPS off. Oh well. It does connect much faster now to the camera and satellites.

My update was the one that came out in August - it gave the ability to turn GPS on and off in two places, sounds like what you have. Do you still get the message to update when you start the flight app?

No. It’s gone. I had to manually verify that I have the latest. The WiFi worked this time and I did not have to exit the app. I only had to rebind to the camera post check. I have not dug into photo mode much but I see shutter speed now up to 4 secs? Was that always there? It really sucks to not find any update documentation on their site. But it sure looks like the 480 is still a year old on its last update.

Mebbe I'm an idiot... k, fine... delete mebbe... what is the possible point of these ultra slow shutter speeds? There is no way any gimbal on any UAV can keep an image vibration free for 4 seconds. Period.

Reactions: mbernholdt
intresting peggy`s vid only shows 14 sats on controller (dont have a plus so cant help test this out) View attachment 12635

Just watched @Peggy video, an excellent tutorial I must say. But I did notice that during the explanation and until he executed the CCC mission the satellite count increased to at least 15 in the video, there was some clipping in the video but I am pretty sure that on execution Peggy must have had the magic number of 16 I found. Perhaps Peggy still have the raw materials and can confirm this by reviewing the material :)

It doesn't matter if the satellite count drops after the mission is started it just gotta have the correct satellite count on execution.

Just watched @Peggy video, an excellent tutorial I must say. But I did notice that during the explanation and until he executed the CCC mission the satellite count increased to at least 15 in the video, there was some clipping in the video but I am pretty sure that on execution Peggy must have had the magic number of 16 I found. Perhaps Peggy still have the raw materials and can confirm this by reviewing the material :)

It doesn't matter if the satellite count drops after the mission is started it just gotta have the correct satellite count on execution.
just watch it when clicking start the count was 13 sats then went up to 14 and when he hits pause it drops down to 12 just saying

Okay just a quick update of the CCC saga. At the field yesterday, I got CCC to work exactly once out of six tries. -15 satellites. Today back at the field, planned a new CCC with 14 sats in the green on the controller. First try Success. Second was a failure. I noticed I had my rate slider about mid way. So with a fresh battery, I started up and slide the slider to 'full', went in and deleted the previous route. 16 sats. Programmed three new waypoints, this time when I hit 'Start' it flew straight to the first waypoint (like the Standard H wound) Hmm. Gently I raised the stick and there it went - flew the route as expected. At the end of the route, I pulled the throttle stick back and as expected, it flew the route backwards. I did this continually, back and fourth exactly seven times.

I Noticed that unlike the standard H I could not change speed mid route with the throttle stick but on one occasion, I pulled the slider back and it flew slower. Then as quickly as it had worked, it stopped. I find it interesting that it is still intermittent, and hope to find out whether it is something I am doing (or not doing) or if it is truly the aircraft.

I finally got my Plus to fly a CCC route but it flew it in reverse of the waypoint numbers; from 5 to 1. Weird. Couldn't get it to go from 1 to 5.
Had 12 sats on the controller and 9 on the drone.

I'm still trying to figure out any advantage to the CCC mode. You have to fly the route and then let the + fly it again by itself. Makes no sense to me.

@Peggy is right on the money; you can create a route and have camera operation moved to the right stick, and this allows for some video shots you simply cannot do manually.

I have been working more with CCC and am finding a few things out. First, in regards to what @PhotoGuy said;

I finally got my Plus to fly a CCC route but it flew it in reverse of the waypoint numbers; from 5 to 1. Weird. Couldn't get it to go from 1 to 5. Had 12 sats on the controller and 9 on the drone.

Make sure that the rate slider is always at the top 'fast' position when you hit 'start' Typically you will be at the end of the route after creating one and drawing the throttle stick down, starts the route in reverse. Note that after movement starts you can now use the rate slider to decrease speed. As the reverse route ends, you will be at the beginning of the route, make sure if you moved the rate slider, to place it back to the top position and raise the throttle stick - to the top slowly. Now here is where my inconsistency has been; 1 out of 4 times it will NOT run the route in forward. The solution I have found is to hit 'pause' then 'start' again. Every time I have done this I can then run the route back and forth over and over.

I have also noticed that the camera movement from the right stick has a better feel in terms of the speed of pan and tilt than I remember the 480 having. And Yuneec, if you're listening, Please can we have the tilt reversed; so that when we draw the stick back the camera raises? :cool: its a pilot thing and everything we do before turning into a camera operator during a flight is from a piloting perspective, so if we could have that continuity that would be cool.

I can also confirm I have performed CCC with as little as 10 sats on the controller.

Good news Ty, thanks for the research and posting your findings. WX-NFZ has me grounded indefinitely, but I'm anxious to try this now.

After reading this entire thread I am left with one question. Has anyone tried initiating the CCC while wearing a garlic necklace and holding up a crucifix? If so, was the crucifix facing the Plus the entire time?
...Just curious.

Reactions: mbernholdt
For what it is worth, there are plenty of videos showing the use of CCC, both for the 480 and the Plus, though their similar in use, there are slight differences between them but both have this feature. Look in the "sticky" section of Typhoon H and Typhoon H Plus and you will see threads that have several videos. @Peggy and myself have each done videos of the process.

Reactions: Peggy and Phaedrus
For what it is worth, there are plenty of videos showing the use of CCC, both for the 480 and the Plus, though their similar in use, there are slight differences between them but both have this feature. Look in the "sticky" section of Typhoon H and Typhoon H Plus and you will see threads that have several videos. @Peggy and myself have each done videos of the process.

I had not paid much attention to the CCC feature before, hence had not looked at the videos. For what I have been doing I have gotten what I wanted flying manually. The videos I had seen said nothing about swapping camera control to the right stick. I can see this now as a nice feature. I'll watch those videos now!!

Hope you find the tutorials helpful. Lots on my YouTube channel so please consider subscribing so that you can get instant notifications of new uploads. Pegasus Drone Media

Reactions: PhotoGuy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
photomanipulation