Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DIY illuminated landing pad anchors

Reaction score
I wanted anchors for my landing pad that could be used on hard surfaces like concrete, etc. in place of stakes. I decided to light them up. Pictures say it all - improvise, improvise, improvise. Langind pad 1.jpgLangind pad 2.jpgLangind pad 3.jpg

They look really cool, but I'd be worried about using thick metal bolts to hold the lights so close to where the props will be on landing. I mean I get that you need the weight to hold the pad down, but if your bird should tip, even to a small degree on a dodgy or windy landing for example, I'd worry that's a significant amount of danger added to the situation and a relatively high chance of prop contact because they stick up like that. In a battle between those bolts, props and the shins of anyone standing nearby, I suspect the bolts are very much gonna win ! :/

What about lying them flat, tips aimed at center, and velcro-ing the bolts to the rim by their heads ?

They're nowhere near the props, unless you're at a pretty extreme angle landing . I've put three sets of these together for my neighbor's kids, no one has come close to the bolts that I know of. Or just lie them on their side.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers