Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Got my RealSense....now what?

Agreed, thats why I deleted my post...

Well, as a fellow developer, I'd love to hear what else you might be able to use it for!

Good Luck!

Guys...let's just keep this light and easy!

I am in fact a developer and know my way around a great many API's, SDK's, and Tools. I will play around with it and see what I can do.

Done...case closed! :)

Funny all the Intel real sense is a variation of the Xbox Kinect unit. And everyone is making it sound like such a breakthrough technology. If Yuneec is going to charge over $300 for this (mind you the xbox 360 w/ kinect costs $300), they are gouging the **** out of its customers. As you can see just the dev kit is $129 and that is not even mass produced pricing.

Yeah...I must say, I agree! I will of course buy the **** thing because....well...I can't help myself. But from what I am seeing of this dev-kit, it should all be about the software because I'm not sure what else is new. Of course the "H" version may have other tricks up it's sleeve (and I keep hearing it has additional sensors, but not confirmed). But in any case, my hope is that it's worth the wait and price. Having said all this, I love my Typhoon H and will be happy to see where this all leads in the next few years.

This tech is being used all over. In cars in particular to stop them, to watch in lane changes, accident avoidance, and drones.

Reactions: QuadBart
I think what is the break-through and what you are paying for is "how its being used". Kinect was watching your movements and then applying it to the game which is defined/known space. The environment is defined in a virtual world, ones and zeros...

Realsense will have to take what it "sees" and apply it to a completely dynamic environment. It has to take real objects and turn them into ones and zeros and decide what that object is and how to react to it. As a software engineer I'm completely fascinated and amazed it this technology. Its not easy and its not cheap. Hardware is cheap, software is what is expensive...

Funny all the Intel real sense is a variation of the Xbox Kinect unit. And everyone is making it sound like such a breakthrough technology. If Yuneec is going to charge over $300 for this (mind you the xbox 360 w/ kinect costs $300), they are gouging the **** out of its customers. As you can see just the dev kit is $129 and that is not even mass produced pricing.

The realsense web cam which are fitted now to some laptops , can use the depth information to say green screen anything more than X feet away, so can see you , but drop anything behind you.
So reverse that .. anything less than X feet is bad , to me it just a case of reverse logic of most of the software demos I seen the realsense.

Watched a YouTube comparison video DJI vs Typhoon H.
Whilst both drones were hovering the dji was far more stable only moving 1 to 2" off position before it would return to original position.
The Typhoon H was drifting around a foot before it would return to the original position.
The commentator did mention that the dji had downward facing sensors which helped it maintain stability.
He said quote " Yuneec have something similar going to be released soon". As an add on I believe.

There is no way a craft with vps can be as stable as without.
Compare the p3 to the h without vps and realsense , or wait until the h gets it.

The cam for the H is most likely the R200. Not made especially for the copter. Most likely plugs into the micro usb on the bottom of the H. Different bracket that slides onto existing mount point on the H.Intel® RealSense™ Developer Kit for Tablets R200 I have a friend that has had one for awhile now developing software for ROS for it. If you want to know more about it check out jetsonhacks.com for his blog article on it. I have a Zed which works in a similar fashion on my rover. Hoping to use the one on the H to do maps for the rover. Or maybe replace the Zed and have Realsense on both bots. Lots of features and modes that probably aren't going to be implemented in the firmware. Heard a few rumors about a SDK for the H sure hope that happens or at least you can access the feed from the Realsense in realtime.

It has an ir projector for indoors and it uses stereovision and disparity maps for outdoors. Works in either environment equally well.

Yeah, seems it was stated by Yuneec on one of their videos (back in January) it would be around $300.

There were changes in Typhoon H Real Sense. How I see it. From the first exhibition in the United States, from the beginning of the year. For the exhibition in London last weekend.
First picture is from the beginning of the year. The second and third images, Is of the weekend in London.
Convinced yourselves, and what do you think?Skærmbillede (2).png Skærmbillede (3).png Skærmbillede (4).png Skærmbillede (5).png

Really sticks out a bit more in the later pictures. How will this connect to the H electrically? Will it get sandwiched between the camera and the H or will it the USB port on the H?

Last edited:
The Realsense gets its power from the USB port its plugged into. There is a micro usb jack on the bottom of the H. I suspect that is where its plugged in.

The Realsense gets its power from the USB port its plugged into. There is a micro usb jack on the bottom of the H. I suspect that is where its plugged in.

Yeah I know the H has a USB port on the bottom, that is how I connect it to use the GUI, typed that wrong. i:)i
Makes sense if it would use that I suppose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz