Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H plus C23 filter thread, and other questions

Reaction score
Ordered the plus RS so still waiting for it to be delivered.
But in the meanwhile, I might as well get all the accessories I need. Does anyone out there who has received the plus can tell me the filter thread size or just confirm it is 40.5mm? The second question which might seem weird but anyone know the diameter of the legs?

If its ND filters you want, you are better off getting the Freewell E90 filters as they are much lighter and screw straight onto the camera without the adapter ring.
Vertical Legs are 12mm diam, Horizontal legs are 10mm

Reactions: mbernholdt
If its ND filters you want, you are better off getting the Freewell E90 filters as they are much lighter and screw straight onto the camera without the adapter ring.
Vertical Legs are 12mm diam, Horizontal legs are 10mm
Thank you Kev for the dia on the legs.
I know about the Freewell filters but not quite sure about the optical quality, that is why I wanted to know the diameter of the filter thread :)

Filter thread size is 40.5mm
Optical quality of the Freewell filters is very good. I bought some K&F 40.5mm ones first and they are rubbish and all but the polarised one were plastic. Also if you use conventional filters you will need to add a small weight on the rear of the camera to counter balance them. The Freewell ones don't need any weight added.

Reactions: mbernholdt
Autel Evo Filters and Autel Evo Accessories

Annoys the F out of me... page from PolarPro of filters for a, as of yet... unreleased AC...

meanwhile... available Yuneec products? <CRICKETS>

And since the page above is Autel, it's not some *** exclusivity clause they can cry about...

Last edited:
I have a question for all experienced digital videographers... I am looking at the filter pages on B&H... have any of you ever used variable density ND filters or ND w/ IR attenuation for aerial work? Your thoughts, please... :)

Last edited:
I tried a Freewell variable on my first H. The end result, massive color shift and edge blurring, caused me to switch to Polar Pro. For the CGO-4 I found another brand of decent glass filters on Amazon. Those are 30 something mm for the 14-42 lens at 3.4 grams each. I’ll have to look at the name again and see if they have something that would fit the C-90.

Most variable ND filters actually incorpate a polarizer to achieve the variability. The downside of polarizers is that that are most effective when they are 90 degrees to the sun. Not a great situation for most pilots as they change those angles regularly during flight. This will give you varying exposures which may drive you a bit crazy.

Most variable ND filters actually incorpate a polarizer to achieve the variability. The downside of polarizers is that that are most effective when they are 90 degrees to the sun. Not a great situation for most pilots as they change those angles regularly during flight. This will give you varying exposures which may drive you a bit crazy.

I had thought that was the case, Ron... they've been out for literally decades, but it's been so long since I looked at this kind of stuff, I wasn't sure if some new method had come out. Driving myself crazy is nothing... preprogrammed into my navigation app... As soon as I tap "Start Trip" up pops "You have arrived at your destination..." :rolleyes:

I tried a Freewell variable on my first H. The end result, massive color shift and edge blurring, caused me to switch to Polar Pro.

Yep, and since Ron confirmed that variable ND filters are still in reality, double layered polarizers, completely explains the color shift... overall I have not heard the best reports on Freewell in general, and why I have been using the PolarPro myself. They may come out, with a set for the E90/C23, BOTOH I have no idea why PolarPro stopped production of the ND set for the CGO3. Irrelevent, since there are other brand options with a standard 40.5mm filter size. I'll stick with ordering individual filters, if need be.

Weird being on the B&H site... been a long time, but I do have a long history with them... 100' bulk rolls of TriX for $13.25 in 1973... used in a Konica Auto S2. :eek:

Last edited:
I’ve still got sheets and rolls of film in my freezer. I don’t think I’ll ever use them and I already sold my wet darkroom so I periodically question my sanity for hanging on to the film.

The 98% Glacial Acetic Acid should still be good to go... :D

At one time I shot a lot. Never did any of my own processing though. Reading both your posts from time to time often reminds me of the wealth of experience I don’t have.

I'd gladly give up 10 years of my experience in the processing end of photography for even 5 years of your RC experience... :)

Reactions: rdonson
Fair enough. Done[emoji4] Not letting go of any of the sandbox though, the final price was too high.

I first set foot in a darkroom in 1965. I sold all my darkroom gear 18 years ago when I made the transition to digital photography. I don’t miss the chemicals or spending time in the dark breathing that stuff. I still have all the negatives, slides etc I shot and keep thinking that some day I’ll start scanning some of them. Probably a fantasy.

The magic of seeing the image appear in the developing tray has been replaced by the magic of seeing a print come out of a good Epson inkjet printer. :)

Filter thread size is 40.5mm
Optical quality of the Freewell filters is very good. I bought some K&F 40.5mm ones first and they are rubbish and all but the polarised one were plastic. Also if you use conventional filters you will need to add a small weight on the rear of the camera to counter balance them. The Freewell ones don't need any weight added.
Thanks kev. Ordered a set of Freewell Hybrid filters crossing my fingers they arent to bad.

BTW searching B&H this morning for 40.5 mm filters turned up a lot of them from most of the well known makers. I didn’t look closely at their weight though which is likely a consideration for the C23.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
I first set foot in a darkroom in 1965. I sold all my darkroom gear 18 years ago when I made the transition to digital photography. I don’t miss the chemicals or spending time in the dark breathing that stuff. I still have all the negatives, slides etc I shot and keep thinking that some day I’ll start scanning some of them. Probably a fantasy.

The magic of seeing the image appear in the developing tray has been replaced by the magic of seeing a print come out of a good Epson inkjet printer. :)

1971 for me... I was 12. What's funny, is I never had any formal training in photography until after I was in college... all of my education was a subscription to Popular Photography and the complete set of the Time-Life book series on photography.

Response from PolarPro support on E90/C23 compatability:

"Thanks for reaching out to PolarPro Support. We'd be happy to answer that question for you. While we have not been provided with any information at this time indicating a set of filters for the Yuneec E90/C32 is in development, we'd be happy to pass along your interest to our development team for consideration."

<blah and more blah>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop