Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H plus C23 filter thread, and other questions

Be faster to say; “no, we don’t make any at this time”...

More like "your POS brand is not even on our radar... buy a *** ya 'tard" :mad:... and BTW, I know I'm a 'tard... been telling people for 15 years that I'm so special, they named an Olympics after me. :confused:

Last edited:
bookmarked... thankque!

BTW searching B&H this morning for 40.5 mm filters turned up a lot of them from most of the well known makers. I didn’t look closely at their weight though which is likely a consideration for the C23.

We will have to contact them... weight of the filter is not a listed spec... they may have to throw one on scale if they have one around. Certainly not a "while you wait on hold" thing. Will email them on that.

Without first knowing the effective weight stabilization limits of the E-90/C-23 the weight of a filter is sort of unimportant at this stage.

Funny thing, the filter weight of the K&F 37mm version works fine on a CGO-4 at any 14-42mm focal length but it’s too much for an Inspire. Point being we have to know what the gimbal can handle as set up by the factory. To establish that we have to experiment.

Something interesting, I read an article on filters recently discussing the benefits of expensive ‘big name” filters over many less expensive versions. End results had some cheap filters better than expensive ones but in general the differences were minor.

Last edited:
Regarding quality of Freewell filters. I was given a set for my H by a vendor, I never used them because they were horrible...but wait there's more. So I reluctantly bought the "all day pack" of Freewell filters which is the same they sell for the 520 they cost for $99 at Carolina Dronz (currently out of stock). I bought them because since I was going to Iceland I had to get something for ND with the snow etc. I reluctantly bought them. Long story short Freewell this time around has really created some fabulous filters which I would highly recommend unlike what they had for the Typhoon H. Their color accuracy has been dead on and the set included ND 64 the $99 package includes 8 filters. Here is their propaganda "The Yuneec H520 E90 8 Pack from Freewell include all essential filters you require to shoot in daylight condition from cloudy day’s to bright sunny day’s this kit include 5 ND filters ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND64 which are helpful in cutting the light coming to your camera sensors which helps in naturally blurred motion while the camera is moving. The CP (Circular Polarized) lens filter from Freewell is best for preventing glare from natural reflective surfaces to enter the lens and give clear and sharp images outdoors in the daytime. The UV filter is best for preventing the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays from entering the lens These lens filters are designed to be lightest in weight and offer you effective solutions for filming in sunny to very bright sunny conditions."

I bought the Freewell Nd 32 polarized variable filter. Not impressed, It was blurry to a good 20% of the lens. Popped on my trusty polarpro ND16 and clear again. I just wish PolarPro made ND32 or 64 for H480. I will never buy Freewell again.

Reactions: PatR
Does anybody have any experience with these filters: Walimex Pro Drone Filter Yuneec Typhoon Black: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Would they fit on the camera of the Yuneec Typhoon H Plus? They only mention Typhoon H and on some other sites where they sell these they also mention they fit on the Yuneec CGO 3 Camera.

I'm still looking for some good ND filters for the Typhoon H Plus. The Freewell All in one set is no longer on sale for quite some time now.

Reactions: mbernholdt
Does anybody have any experience with these filters: Walimex Pro Drone Filter Yuneec Typhoon Black: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Would they fit on the camera of the Yuneec Typhoon H Plus? They only mention Typhoon H and on some other sites where they sell these they also mention they fit on the Yuneec CGO 3 Camera.

I'm still looking for some good ND filters for the Typhoon H Plus. The Freewell All in one set is no longer on sale for quite some time now.
They won't fit the H Plus

Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know any other good filters that will fit the Plus (ND4/8/ND16 or even ND32)?
If you are lucky you might be able to find a freewell set that fits otherwise I think you are out of luck at this point [emoji53]

Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know any other good filters that will fit the Plus (ND4/8/ND16 or even ND32)?

Check out an online photo business like B&H or Amazon for filter thread size 40.5 mm

Good photo quality ND filters aren't cheap but then again you get what you pay for.

The Gobe 40.5mm ND8 is well made and weighs in at 5.7 grams. I don't know of any other filters in that price range that are similar in weight.

Unfortunately the Gobe filter is only available in ND8... for a range of ND Filters in the 40.5mm size, you will need to go with the Formatt-Hitech brand.

Great find. In my previous search on Amazon these never came up on the results.

But it’s missing the 2 most useful (16,32)......but I guess that’s dependent on your needs.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polenutrition