Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

I can only suggest you deep dive website research for dimensions, capacities, C ratings, and prices.

6S is 6S and all of them will function. Remember Yuneec batteries are rated at 8C and use that as a floor. Try for sizing that allows at least two to be used at a time and still close the battery door. There are single 8000mA batteries that barely fit but going that route creates a catastrophic single failure point. It also places the entire current load on a single connector. Flight time is ok but you will always be worried about a single power source failure.

If you haven’t already read this 920 replacement battery thread from start to finish you should take a little time and do so.

Dive in[emoji6]

Reactions: Snechovski
You will have trouble getting 2 of these...https://www.rc-world.nl/sls-xtron-5000mah-6s1p-222v-30c-60c-slsxt50006130.html into the width (or 1 into the height) without altering the battery box.
Dimensions of battery: LxBxH 160x45x50mm
Dimensions of battery box: 94.3mm wide x 47.4mm high x 170mm deep.....

Reactions: Snechovski
You will have trouble getting 2 of these...https://www.rc-world.nl/sls-xtron-5000mah-6s1p-222v-30c-60c-slsxt50006130.html into the width (or 1 into the height) without altering the battery box.
Dimensions of battery: LxBxH 160x45x50mm
Dimensions of battery box: 94.3mm wide x 47.4mm high x 170mm deep.....
This battery was recommended to me by Yuneec Germany. They have done tests fitting 2 of these batteries into an H920 and claim that the dimensions mentioned on the site are not entirely correct. I double checked with the seller. Although he could not measure the batteries (as he did not have that model in stock) he did mention that some batteries are a few mm more compact than advertised.

I'm still looking for a set of batteries, perhaps I'll buy these at the condition I can exchange them in case they don't fit.

Advertised battery dimensions are never precise. They can be slightly larger, smaller, heavier, or lighter. If you elect to choose a battery who’s advertised dimensions are close tolerance you can end up with batteries that will not fit when used in pairs.

The battery box dimensions I provided near the beginning of this thread are accurate to within 1mm in width and height, length is accurate within a couple mm. The dimensions are marginally less than a tight friction fit. The dimensions were obtained with Mitutoyu calipers and precision snap gauges.

You do not have 100mm of width to work with and German engineering is not what is used to be. Evidently they have forgotten how to measure a dimension...

Last edited:
"dimensions were obtained with Mitutoyu calipers and precision snap gauges" - love that ?

"German engineering is not what is used to be. Evidently they have forgotten how to measure a dimension..." - hey, we're still doing some great stuff ? - and if the measurements are a little bit off, it must be due to the American Haas CNC or the Asian Mitutoyu instruments ???

For the battery packs I can only state my experience, that out of 8 cell packs only 3 combinations work together although they should be all of the same dimensions. So they got paired up. But yeah, reliable data would be great to reduce ordering and returning pack after pack until it fits.

Thanks for this informative post! I went through all the 17 pages, some quicker than the others. Learned a lot but still have a few questions.

What a challenge to find 5000mAh batteries that are below the dimensions that PatR mentioned in the beginning of this thread. I really would like to buy the zippy battery. It's the only battery I came across that has dimensions smaller than the H920 battery compartment. I could order them at HobbyKing.com for 53€ but they are out of stock :-(

I came across this battery brand, Swiss brand, as expensive as their watches... They even offer a 5000 mAh battery with an EC3 connector at 146,50 Swiss Francs which is about 134 Euros. Looks like they have a large offer of EC3 connectors and conversion cables too.

I found this battery at AliExpress. Reasonable price for a pair BUT the dimensions are 155 x 45 X 48. So..., will I be able to squeeze them in the H920?

Last edited:
"dimensions were obtained with Mitutoyu calipers and precision snap gauges" - love that ?

"German engineering is not what is used to be. Evidently they have forgotten how to measure a dimension..." - hey, we're still doing some great stuff ? - and if the measurements are a little bit off, it must be due to the American Haas CNC or the Asian Mitutoyu instruments ???

For the battery packs I can only state my experience, that out of 8 cell packs only 3 combinations work together although they should be all of the same dimensions. So they got paired up. But yeah, reliable data would be great to reduce ordering and returning pack after pack until it fits.
Which 3 combinations work? Thx.

As for the other questions I have, I read often that the ST remote control starts warning for low battery much too early. Is this issue only occurring when using non-original Yuneec batteries? How low can you go when using 2 5000mAh batteries? Also, how important is the 35C/70C reading? The zippies PatR speaks about have a 25C/50C I assume. How low can you go. Sorry, I'm not so experienced with these after-market batteries....

Which 3 combinations work? Thx.
I'm running my system with the mylipo.de 4100mAh 25C batteries which aren't available anymore. It's always the same battery, but not every combination fits into the battery compartment - that's what I meant.
GensAce/Tattu has a nice pack on their page, 45x42x168mm, 5000mAh, 45C - looks desirable ?

As for the other questions I have, I read often that the ST remote control starts warning for low battery much too early. Is this issue only occurring when using non-original Yuneec batteries? How low can you go when using 2 5000mAh batteries? Also, how important is the 35C/70C reading? The zippies PatR speaks about have a 25C/50C I assume. How low can you go. Sorry, I'm not so experienced with these after-market batteries....

I’ll try to address your questions, starting with C rating. The factory Yuneec batteries are rated at 8C so anything above that works. When possible it’s better to have a C rating between 15 and 25 as anything higher serves no purpose and they both cost and weigh more. Batteries increase in size as C ratings increase.

How can 10,000mA out perform 12,000mA you asked. Quality of the batteries, accurate capacity ratings, lower total weight, and a somewhat higher C rating are the answers. How those different things are combined can add even more to performance factors.

The early low voltage warnings with factory batteries are largely overcome by using better batteries, even if total capacity is less than total factory battery capacity. The factory batteries are old and degrading. The low C rating describes the maximum output they can deliver when they are healthy. Being aged they are not healthy so they cannot supply the demand for very long. It doesn’t help the low 8C rating was marginal for what the system requires to begin with.

How low can you go? Always better to be safe than sorry so use the attached chart as a guide. Personally, I try to never use more than 70% of capacity, which would equate to the 30% line on the chart.
Lipoly Voltage vs. State of Charge 2S - 6S Packs.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Vinpierke
Thanks for explaining PatR, really appreciated!

After looking around the web for some time I found below candidates:

4500-6S-25C
137*43*44
540 gr.
$43.90

4500-6S-30C
155*44*44
630 gr.
$47.53

Only 5C difference but what a difference in weight and dimensions!

I also found this Graphene one which is even more compact than the first option, higher C rating than the second option but still less weight.

4500-6S-40C
135*40*44
620 gr.
$71.98

Which one would you guys recommend?

Last edited:
Either of the first two. You could buy pairs of both of them, just be sure you use the same paired type of batteries for a flight. Don’t mix and match for a flight.

After a few weeks of waiting, my first order of batteries at AliExpress finally arrived. I've ordered 2 pairs of batteries at 2 different sellers (on AliExpress), second order is still under way. Communication with both sellers went well. Right after placing the order they both contacted me to confirm the EC3 connecter (You can choose the connector for the batteries, so no soldering required :)).

The batteries received are the following:
TCBWORTH 4500-6S-25C
137*43*44 mm
540 gr.
$43.90 (per battery)

Overall built quality looks good, measurements are within the limits mentioned on AliExpress, however, batteries seems to be a little bit heavier.

Ready for a first test with my brand new H920, I fully charged the batteries up to 25,2v and hoovered the copter till the battery voltage level reached 22,7v (+/-33%), results:
  • Without CGO4 gimbal & camera: 22 min.
  • With CGO4 gimbal & camera: 15 min.

TCB1.jpgTCB2.jpg
TCB3.jpgTCB6.jpg
TCB4.jpgTCB5.jpg
TCB71.jpgTCB81.jpg

Attachments

• TCB4.jpg
    TCB4.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 5
  • TCB6.jpg
    TCB6.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Good to see people willing to step outside of the “factory component” comfort zone. Although the lower mA batteries don’t deliver stellar flight time they will deliver reliable flight time for some time to come. Having batteries you can fly with and depend on provides a considerable window of time to shop for larger capacity batteries that will fit the compartment.

Well done sir[emoji106]

I finally got my second order in. It was intercepted by customs and had to pay another 40€ for custom handling and VAT. :-(

As with my first order, right after ordering these batteries, the seller contacted me to confirm the EC3 connecter (You can choose the connector for the batteries, so no soldering required :)).

The batteries received are the following:
KEPWORTH 4500-6S-30C
Specs as advertised on AliExpress:
137*43*44 mm
540 gr.
$47.53 (per battery)

Overall built quality looks good, the dimensions I measured are 43*43*140. Again, batteries seems to be a little bit heavier (550 gr.) than advertised on the site.

I fully charged the batteries up to 25,2v and hoovered the copter till the battery voltage level reached 22,62v (+/-30%), results:
  • Without CGO4 gimbal & camera: NOT TESTED
  • With CGO4 gimbal & camera: 17 min.
Looks like this set of batteries give a little bit more autonomy than the batteries from the first order (See my review above). They also weight about 10gr. less and are 30C instead of 25C.

20190919_125440.jpg20190919_125945.jpg
20190919_130014.jpg20190919_125915.jpg
20190919_125815.jpg20190919_125749.jpg
20190919_130233.jpg20190919_130426.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I have found these and fit the battery box in a pair, any thoughts?

Dualsky ECO-S LiPo Battery, 5200mAh 6S 25c

Capacity (mAh) 5200
Voltage (V)22.2
Energy (Wh)115.4
Weight (g)725
Dimensions (L x W x T)152 x 45 x 41 mm
Wiring12AWG (DC3)
Max Cont. Discharge25C
Max Cont. Current (A)130
Max Cont. Output (W)2886
Max Charge Rate 4C

Regards,

I like that, a VAT tax applied to a product that saw none of the manufacturing process completed in countries with a VAT tax. Had they called that 40 Pounds a handling fee they would have at least been a little honest about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss