Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

Hi guys, I am not an H920 owner, I am an H480 owner thinking of upgrading to an H920. I stumbled upon this thread about batteries because I was researching flight times, I see there are a few options out there for different batteries that can be utilised, my querie is regarding connectors, I see some of you are making your own connectors by soldering them on, is there a reason why block connectors such as these cannon be used?....XT90 Male to EC3 Female RC Battery Adapter (No Wires)

Hi guys, I am not an H920 owner, I am an H480 owner thinking of upgrading to an H920. I stumbled upon this thread about batteries because I was researching flight times, I see there are a few options out there for different batteries that can be utilised, my querie is regarding connectors, I see some of you are making your own connectors by soldering them on, is there a reason why block connectors such as these cannon be used?....XT90 Male to EC3 Female RC Battery Adapter (No Wires)
When the battery XT90 is plugged into these type adapters the package is usually too long to fit in the H920 battery compartment.

They fit at both ends but the assembled unit is too long to fit within the vertical space between top and bottom of the battery tray/bay.

Just a heads up sale at usa hobbyking zippy 5000 compact 6s 25c lipo $47.90Screenshot_2018-11-05-16-41-06~2.jpeg

You better believe I bought more time to try that new soldering station on a set off batteries

You better believe I bought more time to try that new soldering station on a set off batteries
I also bought the soldering iron. Love it. I can now officially say that I've successfully soldered my board for my PC monitor. I also used the attached hair dryer to remove the back panel of my cell phone. As long as it holds up for a few more repairs it's well worth the mula.

On a side note one of the leads that I have for the 920 zippy batteries let loose. I was planning on using a wire brush and cleaning up the leads and resoldering. Wanted to know how stupid this would be?

Are you sure you want to use that cheap batteries in a that expensive model? Once I nearly lost a helicopter due to a faulty turnigy nano tech battery. I am highly sceptical since then. The Zippys are known to be even worse.

I tried GensAce batteries in the H920 and they worked great. I feel much saver when I know that my aircraft will not just fall from the sky.

I also bought the soldering iron. Love it. I can now officially say that I've successfully soldered my board for my PC monitor. I also used the attached hair dryer to remove the back panel of my cell phone. As long as it holds up for a few more repairs it's well worth the mula.

On a side note one of the leads that I have for the 920 zippy batteries let loose. I was planning on using a wire brush and cleaning up the leads and resoldering. Wanted to know how stupid this would be?
I tried using the heat gun and it worked easier to put bullet ends on. Just heat up receiver cup and fill with solder then just push in wire while heating actually pretty quick.man that heat iron or hair dryer gets things hot

Was that one obtained from me?

Are you sure you want to use that cheap batteries in a that expensive model? Once I nearly lost a helicopter due to a faulty turnigy nano tech battery. I am highly sceptical since then. The Zippys are known to be even worse.

I tried GensAce batteries in the H920 and they worked great. I feel much saver when I know that my aircraft will not just fall from the sky.

I would prefer a Gensace battery but I was unable to locate one of appropriate dimension and capacity to pair in the 920. Also tried was a single battery installation but that practice creates lack of redundancy issues along with over loading the battery connector.

So the question is; what is the Gensace part number for that battery?

Was that one obtained from me?
No I bought another 920 and it came with the zippy batteries and the + lead let loose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix