Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

Just been reading up on batteries for when I collect my 920, its coming with 9 Tattu but I have been looking around and came across these, what do you think are they worth an experimental purchase? Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
Looks promising. Did you check to see if they'll fit into the battery bay? Dimensions:160*45*47mm. Is the 35c and 200 mAh worth the extra $20? I don't know since I'm a novice at RC batteries. I get the general concept of cold cranking amps etc for cars but RC not as much!

Then there's the ? of if the batteries are accurate on the labels. I'm sure Patr or Dougcjohn will weigh in!

Last edited:
Those dimensions will fit... although the Chinese source and the brand name are unaware to me so I'd personally be a little cautious... but the other folk on the thread may have higher confidence.

Reactions: thoneter
Those dimensions will fit... although the Chinese source and the brand name are unaware to me so I'd personally be a little cautious... but the other folk on the thread may have higher confidence.
Is the extra mamps and 10c worth the extra $20?

The zippy 5000mah is a 25C / 35C with a XT90 and the Aliexpress is 5200mah 25C with XT60. The connectors provide an indicator of the amperage load... the XT90 handles higher load.
The 25C /35C is constant and burst, and a burst is considered a short interval of 5 seconds or less. The burst would pretty much handle the load produced from a sudden hard stick easily.

The Aliexpress 35C on a unknown brand is an unknown for accuracy or if rating is based on the highest rating, being the burst.

It may be a great battery, but a lower amp connector indicates lower load expected.

Again, only my opinion... without testing, an unknown. Others may feel more confident with the battery. I looked around and didn't quickly find that brand, I wouldn't have a high level of trust.

I’ve never heard of the brand. Perhaps another cut rate maker, perhaps not. Someone would need to take a leap of faith, buy a couple, check IR and fell voltages, and put them through multiple 30 amp load cycles (15-20 or more) recording heat levels, and follow up with more IR and cell voltage checks to validate them. Personally, they would not get bought and go straight into my equipment. Aliexpress is not noted for handling the best quality products. The connector size indicates the maker put manufacturing cost ahead of electrical load sizing requirements.

The extra 400mA from a pair of those batteries might provide an extra minute or less of flight time on a good day over the Zippy’s. Ya gotta figure the 2000mA difference between a pair of Zippy’s over the 8000mA Turnigy was only a little over 3 minutes...

I’d certainly be interested in seeing the test results for those batteries if anyone was inclined to generate them.

BTW, both Seabee and I are experiencing shipping delays for battery orders placed on 3/8. They told him the reason was weather, they told me the issue was “a problem”. I suspect inventory bottomed, which may not be a bad thing. When they start going out again they’ll likely be factory fresh.

BTW, both Seabee and I are experiencing shipping delays for battery orders placed on 3/8. They told him the reason was weather, they told me the issue was “a problem”. I suspect inventory bottomed, which may not be a bad thing. When they start going out again they’ll likely be factory fresh.
I ordered 2 and haven't heard a thing. On the 920 charger I'm always smelling hot wire from the fans. Is everyone else experiencing this smell?

Is the extra mamps and 10c worth the extra $20?
Possibly not I am no battery expert wh ch is why I threw it in here for discussion.
Im having a little trouble sourcing the Tattu here in the UK and the Zippy seem to be unavailable so may have to consider the Graphene single battery or the Xtron 4000

Possibly not I am no battery expert wh ch is why I threw it in here for discussion.
Im having a little trouble sourcing the Tattu here in the UK and the Zippy seem to be unavailable so may have to consider the Graphene single battery or the Xtron 4000
Should be several options in UK shipping zone, found a few but wouldn’t send overseas.

Check out post #89 above... it’s a cold weather battery that appears to have a wide operating range. You can fit 2 of those I believe... but I’d verify the deminsions. Those might be a good option, especially if you cold weather fly, may obtain additional time.

I ordered 2 and haven't heard a thing. On the 920 charger I'm always smelling hot wire from the fans. Is everyone else experiencing this smell?

If strong & heavy, may be a concern.
Has it decreased with a few charge cycles... new often can have a little smell and if dusty the dust on electronics can create a little scent too. If you have a concern, I’d only charge when you’re available to react and I’d keep it off counters you don’t want damaged if she smokes!

I haven’t taken mine out of the shipping bag, so no help on that model. But it’s close cousin, HiTec X2 AC Plus also emits a little smell of electrical scent when running but nothing alarming... basically smells like small electronics heating to me. But as said, this is a minor scent, nothing heavy.

My other unit, a Venom ProQuad 4 port x100w each has no smell... but I don’t think it’s being challenged for load.

Electrical chargers can emit a minor scent under load & heat, but shouldn’t be strong or heavy a few feet away.

Haven’t received any delay notice... but haven’t received any ship notice either! Your point on fresh stock would be great, especially at the sale price!

May not work, but It looks like by putting in UK on Hobbyking site the Zippy batteries are global ship coming out of either a UK or China wearhouse. Even the USA side now shows Global ship, indicating China wearhouse.
ZIPPY Compact 5000mAh 6S 25C Lipo Pack w/ XT90

Received a FedEx tracking no. last evening. Appears to be shipped from OR.

Received a FedEx tracking no. last evening. Appears to be shipped from OR.
Great to hear they’re shipping.
When I placed my order they indicated USA inventory too. That may indicate they’re replenishing stock in US warehouse.
Thanks for update, my order status on site just indicates “processing”, not shipped.

If strong & heavy, may be a concern.
Has it decreased with a few charge cycles... new often can have a little smell and if dusty the dust on electronics can create a little scent too. If you have a concern, I’d only charge when you’re available to react and I’d keep it off counters you don’t want damaged if she smokes!

I haven’t taken mine out of the shipping bag, so no help on that model. But it’s close cousin, HiTec X2 AC Plus also emits a little smell of electrical scent when running but nothing alarming... basically smells like small electronics heating to me. But as said, this is a minor scent, nothing heavy.

My other unit, a Venom ProQuad 4 port x100w each has no smell... but I don’t think it’s being challenged for load.

Electrical chargers can emit a minor scent under load & heat, but shouldn’t be strong or heavy a few feet away.
Thanks for the info. I'm used to electrical smells but this does seem stronger than normal. I've been monitoring it. I noticed it more when I was charging the st24 through the USB port. The cooling fans kept going on and off with the st24 hooked up.

Dougcjohn you interested in parting with your charger in the bag?

Thanks for the info. I'm used to electrical smells but this does seem stronger than normal. I've been monitoring it. I noticed it more when I was charging the st24 through the USB port. The cooling fans kept going on and off with the st24 hooked up.

Dougcjohn you interested in parting with your charger in the bag?
Not at the moment, kinda retaining as a spare. But if yours smokes, let me know... I'd probably work with you then.

Odd it's worse for ST24, it'd be lower draw than 920 batteries... USB is normally 5v 2a.

Not at the moment, kinda retaining as a spare. But if yours smokes, let me know... I'd probably work with you then.

Odd it's worse for ST24, it'd be lower draw than 920 batteries... USB is normally 5v 2a.
I think its because the cooling fans would go off and on more than the 920 batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones