Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

:p If you cut at same time, you'd get a fascinating 1st hand experience of the principles of arc welding and the Thermo dynamics of metal using your cutters as the experiment.

:) one of my dumb moves, years back teaching a diesel tractor electrical course at local tech school ( for IA folk, DMACC). Wasn't keeping a watchful eye on a pair that liked to push the patience. Unknowly they had reconnected the pos lead to a tractor's 4 battery parallel set. While talking to class down in pit, I warned of the dangers and to disconnect any electrical source, touched my wrench to area to demonstrate visually how you "could" contact ground at same time unintentionally.... Woe baby! The sparks, orange glow of wrench and welding was instant... luckily had a 1 lb hammer on cart that resolved the situation quickly. Turned around and the whole class of brave young soles were on the other side of the shop! :confused: Not sure how, but they all managed to exit the pit in seconds! It wasn't a safe event... but in a sort it was "after the event" humorous how quickly the group fled.
I worked with a guy who disconnected a car battery the wrong way and welded his wedding to the frame and almost lost that finger. Had 7 surgeries to fix it

Reactions: thoneter
I worked with a guy who disconnected a car battery the wrong way and welded his wedding to the frame and almost lost that finger. Had 7 surgeries to fix it

Oh Boy... ya I’ve heard & seen wedding ring stories. Many are relaxed on the respect of electricity until a close call event. Glad he was able to recover with all fingers intact!

I received notice this evening it's shipped via FedEx.
Batteries arrived and the 75W soldering iron recently ordered had 2 versions... 1 included 1 needle tip and the other an array of tips including a nice broad tip that would pass the wattage this iron produces. Hmmm, hmmm... care to guess which purchased. :( Ordered tip set, arrived tonight... as previously noted by a knowledgable one above... fitting this gauge into EC30 tips and getting into housing isn't a "slip it in" task. After tinning the tip, allowed filing a nice plug that fit the tip snug. Overall, came out pretty good and every tip gave a nice solid "pop" when fully seated. So 3 down and 3 to go... another night. zippy ec30 end.jpg

Reactions: Doc52 and thoneter
Well done. I did warn ya though[emoji4]. How much enjoyment did ya get setting the bullets into the housings?. EC5’s are worse...

Well done. I did warn ya though[emoji4]. How much enjoyment did ya get setting the bullets into the housings?. EC5’s are worse...
:D Yepper! And I gave you full honors in that advisement... but we had to give it a Go! I was questioning the decision after starting... 1st one was a bit rough start, the others not so bad, just a bit time consuming for a tip. :oops:

The EC's are a bear... I've built a few custom e-trike tandems for older couples with programable wattage computers & torque sensing Bottom bracket spindles, and have learned a pair of needle nose visegrips a little above the tip but still on the tinned wire provides a good point to apply force. They are probably the worst to get locked in!

Last edited:
I have seen a thin gauge radious tool that's suppose to sit on EC bullet shoulder... never tried it. A small punch on shoulder works too.... visegripes & brass tap hammer work better! :rolleyes:

I try to leave a slight solder recess area on both sides of the bullet to use as a “pressure point” when I make them up. I have a fairly thick aluminum jig cut to hold different connector bodies which eliminates the need to hold the connector with one hand while trying to leverage the bullet with the other. You prolly already know the trick of warming up the connector first to make it a tad more pliable.

Alrighty then, I rec'd the connectors and got the 2 zippies charged. How in the blazes are you getting all that heavy gauge wiring and connectors into the 920 and shutting the door?

With a little care and dexterity. It was a lot more difficult when the adapters were 4-1/2” long...

Glad the adapters arrived.

With a little care and dexterity. It was a lot more difficult when the adapters were 4-1/2” long...

Glad the adapters arrived.
From the previous comments would you guys go with the extended or solder the connectors from here on forward?

I can see where extra wiring would make it tougher. I'm assuming once youve got the wiring shoved in the kinks hold their position.

Last edited:
Changing the connector on the battery is the best solution, but only if those batteries will never be used with anything else. As I have 3 other multirotors that use one or more 6s batteries my choice was to keep the connectors common so the Zippy’s could be used for the other aircraft, not just the 920. Commonality and resource diversification took priority over easy.

The little velcro straps assist holding wires in place.

For me the extended connectors are a quick fix so I can fly with real batteries instead of the crap ones I got. 9 minutes was the best pair of batteries I had and 5 for the others. And that's going past the first warning and hovering close to the ground after that.

Heading out now to try the zippies and hope they fly longer than 9 minutes. A sincere thanks for all the help you give and the others on the forum. The one nice thing on here over FB is that I don't have to research everything to see if it's heresay or hype!

OK flying with new batteries instead of crappy old Yuneec ones is awesome. Flew for 25 minutes and battery was at 22.5. Granted no camera but still awesome. 40 degrees and I'm a pansie so didn't go longer.

At 40* you lasted 15 minutes longer than I would have[emoji4] The subject matter would have needed to be outstanding for me to go longer.

Isn’t it neat knowing how much more flight time is there if you need it? I almost never go that long, coming back once I have what I need but knowing I have that cushion to get one more take if needed is sweet. Even more is available when using a light weight CGO-3.

Last edited:
In case it helps. If using the Zippy batteries load the batteries with the primary power leads on the batteries to the bottom of the battery bay. Cross over the bay to plug the lead from a battery to the input opposite the battery.
B-Orientation.JPG
B_Secured.JPG

It is what I did but thanks for the heads up. Got horrendous winds and 30 degrees today so no fly fly!

It is what I did but thanks for the heads up. Got horrendous winds and 30 degrees today so no fly fly!
Great to hear you got'er up yesterday... that was a nice day from what I could see out my office window! :mad:
Had planned to go out today before Sundays extreme winds & cold... snow forecasted for next week.. Again!!! Today at 7am was off to a nice start...then by 8:30, 35-40mph winds and a 20F temp drop! As the day progressed it got colder & more extreme wind... forecasting 50-60mph gust with 40-45mph steady.

Glad ya got out and felt the power! Urrrg Urrg!

Just had a conversation with Yuneec UK about batteries for the H920 and Tattu are no longer available (I kind of guessed that anyway) however I was assured that they had a new battery coming out, he couldn't or wouldn't give out any details but apparently their arrival is imminent. He took my number and said he would call as soon as they know anything.
In a conversation with another person they also said they could still obtain a full list of spare parts to order.
I will email a list and see what they come back with

It would be nice to see them devote some attention to the 920. Batteries would be a start but they would need to revise their pricing structure for them. They only way they might justify the current battery pricing would be if a new battery set provided 2 continuous hours of flight time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy