Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

Great to hear they’re shipping.
When I placed my order they indicated USA inventory too. That may indicate they’re replenishing stock in US warehouse.
Thanks for update, my order status on site just indicates “processing”, not shipped.
My order still shows “processing” also. I obtained the tracking info via a chat session on the HobbyKing web site. It was very slow.

:(My order still shows processing. So I'm planning on soldering on the correct ends to the new batteries. Can you guys give me a link to a good soldering wand/gun? Got any links for the correct connectors/ends?

I have a piece of crap soldering gun which is probably most of my issues!;)

Last edited:
If you are going to cut off existing and add new connectors to the battery lead, PLEASE only cut, solder, and install only one wire at a time, start to finish with the one wire. To try and work both is a disaster looking for the moment to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc52 and thoneter
I’d stress that as well... :eek: IF Leads touch, they’ll bound, heat & glow in seconds and may result to a exploding fire.
So what u guys are saying is to cut both wires at the same time for a good light show?

So what u guys are saying is to cut both wires at the same time for a good light show?
:p If you cut at same time, you'd get a fascinating 1st hand experience of the principles of arc welding and the Thermo dynamics of metal using your cutters as the experiment.

:) one of my dumb moves, years back teaching a diesel tractor electrical course at local tech school ( for IA folk, DMACC). Wasn't keeping a watchful eye on a pair that liked to push the patience. Unknowly they had reconnected the pos lead to a tractor's 4 battery parallel set. While talking to class down in pit, I warned of the dangers and to disconnect any electrical source, touched my wrench to area to demonstrate visually how you "could" contact ground at same time unintentionally.... Woe baby! The sparks, orange glow of wrench and welding was instant... luckily had a 1 lb hammer on cart that resolved the situation quickly. Turned around and the whole class of brave young soles were on the other side of the shop! :confused: Not sure how, but they all managed to exit the pit in seconds! It wasn't a safe event... but in a sort it was "after the event" humorous how quickly the group fled.

Last edited:
Reactions: thoneter
My electrical lessons were initially learned the hard way. Junior high school started and I knew nothing about electricity. They had a Jacobs Ladder in one of my shop classes. Looked pretty neat. I had a brain fart and elected to test the conductivity of wood on my own. Unfortunately I elected to use a leaded wood pencil as the test article. As I was holding the pencil in my hand for the test, the word “stunning” is probably the least descriptive word I can come up with for what followed. I was thrown 8’ and rendered momentarily unconscious.

Much later in life I became distracted when cutting power leads for a 2S Lipo battery and accidentally cut both power wires at the same time. My best wire cutters instantly became junk. Fortunately the wires separated cleanly at the same time so an explosion did not occur but the electrical discharge flash was blinding. Elevated C ratings also elevate the amount of energy released during a short.

Work only one wire at a time. Do not start on the second wire until the first is safely installed in the new housing, and protected against accidental shorting while working with the second wire. Do not allow the wire you are working with to complete a circuit. Failure to adhere to that could prove deadly. That’s 1/3 of the reason I went with adapters instead of changing plugs.

Reactions: Doc52 and thoneter
My electrical lessons were initially learned the hard way. Junior high school started and I knew nothing about electricity. They had a Jacobs Ladder in one of my shop classes. Looked pretty neat. I had a brain fart and elected to test the conductivity of wood on my own. Unfortunately I elected to use a leaded wood pencil as the test article. As I was holding the pencil in my hand for the test, the word “stunning” is probably the least descriptive word I can come up with for what followed. I was thrown 8’ and rendered momentarily unconscious.

Much later in life I became distracted when cutting power leads for a 2S Lipo battery and accidentally cut both power wires at the same time. My best wire cutters instantly became junk. Fortunately the wires separated cleanly at the same time so an explosion did not occur but the electrical discharge flash was blinding. Elevated C ratings also elevate the amount of energy released during a short.

Work only one wire at a time. Do not start on the second wire until the first is safely installed in the new housing, and protected against accidental shorting while working with the second wire. Do not allow the wire you are working with to complete a circuit. Failure to adhere to that could prove deadly. That’s 1/3 of the reason I went with adapters instead of changing plugs.
:) Good one! I have a few but too embarrassed to share... needless to say my Dad say's I'm lucky to be alive after some of my dumb stunts. Feeling the power of electricity is enlightening and brings about a high degree of respect. On a sadistic humorous side... it does provide a few grins & chuckles to hear other's stories... in reflection.

At this point in time the lesson was well learned and the humor takes priority. I’m pleased you found the humor in it:). What is said if we can’t look at ourselves and laugh, sharing it when it fits?

At this point in time the lesson was well learned and the humor takes priority. I’m pleased you found the humor in it:). What is said if we can’t look at ourselves and laugh, sharing it when it fits?
Yep, laugh at myself all the time on dumb actions. You have dumb actions to share & laugh and you have dumb actions just plain dumb A.. ... Open media is a living document, I'll share one set of stories on this and many over a beer... most mine would be the beer stories. :D

Yeah, I hate to admit that I'm near either of your levels of stupidity but I also have done some great electrical fiascoes. Never work on a live wall switch with a screwdriver with a tungsten bit. When you accidentally put the tungsten bit between the common and hot the tungsten bit tends to put out a good deal of light. I was temporarily blind for a couple of minutes.

Pains me to admit that I've sunk to your guys' level.:oops:

Normally I've received a shipping notice before HobbyKing stuff arrived. I gave them 4 days to chit or get off the pot the other day and it appears they must have shipped at the deadline. No matter, they're here now so I have enough batteries to handle six to seven consecutive flights without re-charging. Using a conservative estimate of 18 minutes per, that's a little over two hours of "air time".

Received the Zippy batteries yesterday along with the shipping notice.
Cannot remember, is it cart/ horse or horse/cart.

Beats me but IR checks show that all 6 of the Zippy batteries I have have pack totals of 16 or less, less than half of the best Yuneec battery I received.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic