Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

Reaction score
Has anyone found a replacement battery for the Yuneec H920 battery that is available in the USA? The Tattu H920 battery(A-TA-15C-4000-6S1P) is available in the EU and Australia but apparently not in the USA. I am having puffing/swelling issues with two of my Yuneec batteries so would like to try another brand. Thanks for any assistance.

Based on what I've seen so far, and something I intend to do myself shortly, it appears you could obtain any appropriately sized battery of correct voltage and install an EC-3 connector to use in a 920. If a battery will fit the hole you can change the connector to suit.

Reactions: Docdor
Based on what I've seen so far, and something I intend to do myself shortly, it appears you could obtain any appropriately sized battery of correct voltage and install an EC-3 connector to use in a 920. If a battery will fit the hole you can change the connector to suit.
Please post if you find one that will fit. My cursory look did not find one. The H-W dimensions were the problem.

I'll do that. What are the compartment dimensions?
The Yuneec YUNVC100 battery is approximately 4.5 cm h, 2.8 cm w and 17 cm l. It is a 6 cell, 4000 mAh, 8C battery. The 920 battery compartment holds 3 batteries and has small ridges to prevent lateral movement.

Thanks Seabee. T.I. provided a battery compartment description for me earlier today. Without seeing one first hand it sounds like the ridges might be eliminated to permit the use of two larger batteries instead of three smaller ones. If that is so then higher capacity, higher C rating batteries may be possible. The third battery simply provides more capacity and not an increase in voltage. Removing the separations would void the warranty, but what else is new in that regard?

Thanks Seabee. T.I. provided a battery compartment description for me earlier today. Without seeing one first hand it sounds like the ridges might be eliminated to permit the use of two larger batteries instead of three smaller ones. If that is so then higher capacity, higher C rating batteries may be possible. The third battery simply provides more capacity and not an increase in voltage. Removing the separations would void the warranty, but what else is new in that regard?
The ridges are quite small, approx 2 mm. Removal would probably require some disassembly for access.
I think you are correct that the batteries are in parallel configuration. Have not verified with a multi meter but voltage display on the ST16 and the fact you can operate with only 2 batteries seems to verify.

Has to be in parallel. The voltage gymnastics would be hard to work out if it was not.

Several of us looking but thus far no joy. Tattu has not responded to inquiries and Max Amps says the cells they use to make custom batteries won't fit the hole. Because of this I've been looking at possible alternatives to the 3 battery set up Yuneec employs, going to a single battery set up using three power leads. Totally custom for the wiring but not terribly difficult. I've found several 10,000ma, 15-25C batteries that fit two of the three dimensions but all of them end up too deep to fit the battery well. The idea I've come up with is to obtain a spare lower fuselage shell and blow out the bottom of it to lower the bottom shelf about 15mm or so and make a new floor. This would wipe out the use of the door but the indicator light is easily removed to be secured differently. If the center portion of the floor is removed it won't interfere with the gimbal mounting plate stand offs and the new floor would maintain structural integrity. Employing a pass through opening would allow dispensing with the battery compartment cooling fans. It would certainly change the cosmetics but the concept would assure that batteries could be obtained over the long term to keep an extremely nice system operating. Yea, it would be an extreme move but it certainly would work.

The 920 is a 6s system so a 3s battery would have to be run in series to work. 5200ma is too small. It's dimensions would fit but it comes up short in voltage and capacity.

Last edited:
It really sucks that Yuneec has abandoned that platform here in the US. For those that run the 3 battery setup are you guys seeing the 40 - 45 min flight times?

It really sucks that Yuneec has abandoned that platform here in the US. For those that run the 3 battery setup are you guys seeing the 40 - 45 min flight times?
Ercmarket (ercmarket.com) indicates that they will ship the Tattu H 920 battery(TA-15C-4000-6s1P) from Belgium to the US if you have a UPS/DHL account. I have not pursued. It would probably be slow (ocean freight) and be expensive. This is the battery that Yuneec UK has listed on their web site for the H920. They do not ship outside the UK.

Spartan,

When the 920 was released it was a $7000+ machine and well outside of the Phantom buyer budget. The advertising that would target the market it was designed for, the true professional photographer was poorly designed and lack luster in dissemination. The system’s range falls short of the multiple miles amateurs want and the speed is choked way back from what it could be by using a flat pitch prop and current limiting. The speed reduction was likely due to fear of exceeding an established current load, something that could be easily resolved in a manner much better than speed limiting. I believe that because of the above relatively few were sold. The number of posted user videos and images kind of supports this. With low sales volume and an unwillingness to admit errors there has been a shift to smaller and more affordable systems.

A couple interesting things are, IMHO, occurring right now. Yuneec has opted to release another high price system that has its share if bugs, along with unfinished software. It appears there is a move to blow out the remaining 920’s at a deeply discounted price, making it more than competitive with the new product release. Some info I obtained suggests there are a lot of them sitting in the California warehouse. If people learn they can obtain a system with a much better camera than the 520, and lack only a mapping function and high speed for less money they may start selling some of them. If they learn they can also use their old CGO-3 cameras and change out some lenses for specialized applications even more might sell. The problem with that is it diverts sales away from the 520, the system Yuneec has apparently bet the bank on.

It’s a fair bet the marketing team that failed with the 920 was cut loose during the re-org. Unfortunately the new team seems to be too focused on one tree to see the forest it’s standing in. If they want to deal in pro level equipment they need to stop targeting the younger age groups with their advertising and start dealing in finished products.

Last edited:
Spartan,

When the 920 was released it was a $7000+ machine and well outside of the Phantom buyer budget. The advertising that would target the market it was designed for, the true professional photographer was poorly designed and lack luster in dissemination. The system’s range falls short of the multiple miles amateurs want and the speed is choked way back from what it could be by using a flat pitch prop and current limiting. The speed reduction was likely due to fear of exceeding an established current load, something that could be easily resolved in a manner much better than speed limiting. I believe that because of the above relatively few were sold. The number of posted user videos and images kind of supports this. With low sales volume and an unwillingness to admit errors there has been a shift to smaller and more affordable systems.

A couple interesting things are, IMHO, occurring right now. Yuneec has opted to release another high price system that has its share if bugs, along with unfinished software. It appears there is a move to blow out the remaining 920’s at a deeply discounted price, making it more than competitive with the new product release. Some info I obtained suggests there are a lot of them sitting in the California warehouse. If people learn they can obtain a system with a much better camera than the 520, and lack only a mapping function and high speed for less money they may start selling some of them. If they learn they can also use their old CGO-3 cameras and change out some lenses for specialized applications even more might sell. The problem with that is it diverts sales away from the 520, the system Yuneec has apparently bet the bank on.

It’s a fair bet the marketing team that failed with the 920 was cut loose during the re-org. Unfortunately the new team seems to be too focused on one tree to see the forest it’s standing in. If they want to deal in pro level equipment they need to stop targeting the younger age groups with their advertising and start dealing in finished products.

Very informative write up with no spin on it. I appreciate it. I guess I will sit back and see how things play out with the 920 and 520.

Reactions: Docdor
Good morning friends.
I think that users of the Tornado H920 have a small problem.
Yesterday I have answered from support of gensace Europe, indicating that the 4000 6S battery is discontinued, that is, it will not be marketed anymore :( :( :(
My experience with the original tornado batteries is not good. Several warning signs, so, after trying the tattu, I prefer the second one, the problem is that we will not have this option anymore.
We should make a joint request to Yuneec indicating that they indicate a solution, since otherwise we would advise against the purchase of any equipment, given that the support is bad.
The alternative option to go pulling would be as PatR says, buy a lower case and adapt it to mount a few batteries larger, although this would lose all warranty I guess.

Some good news here but I don’t know how far it will go. I’m in conversation with a battery maker about making something for the 920. In addition, there are other single batteries that will fit inside the 920 battery compartment but there is a need to create a multi connector adapter to use them. You don’t want all the current running through a single EC-3 aircraft connection.

Where the 920 fits an existing need it’s a great system. It could stand some minor improvements, standardizing all the firmware, and ST-16 software fixes, which would require a minimum of attention on Yuneec’s part. Even if left unresolved those things are not all that much of an impact on the users.

I completely agree with users making a joint request for system attention to Yuneec. Publish it in their corporate Facebook page and all the most widely read multirotor forums for public visibility.

Hello everyone. Sorry for my English.
I think it can be a good solution to try to make special batteries.
One option could be this:
6S4P 22.2V 17Ah 60A Panasonic NCR20700B - CMEC battery pack for UAV
On the other hand, I will try to contact users in Spain to try to do some joint pressure on Yuneec Europe-
For my part I am working on the development of an application that allows the planning of missions (for photogrammetric flights) from an Open Source software. So far I have managed to introduce the missions in the ST16 of the h920 + without ploblemas. In a short time I will release this software for the rest of users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval