Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

After looking back on some H920+ flights with the 2 Gens-Ace batteries, I found one 24 min flight with the CGO4 camera (it is very heavy!) and one 30 min flight with the CGO3+ camera. So actually longer than I remembered. (Haven't flown the H920+ for about 9 months)
I haven’t found the Gens-Ace battery that would fit the battery compartment of the H920+.

Attachments

• IMG_3164.JPG
    IMG_3164.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.
Will two of the fir the H920+ battery bay?
Is the an adapter from EC5 to EC3?
Yes you need to use 2 of these for a flight. I do not recommend adding an adapter to the connector. If you have some soldering skills, change the EC5 to a EC3 connector. There is little spare space in the bat box for extra connectors. When cutting off the EC5 connector, only cut one wire at a time, otherwise you could fuse the battery with a dead short circuit. I posted instructions for this a few years ago, I will try to find my post and re post.it here.... Stand by.

Here it is..... Read this thread, scroll down, to where I describe adapting 2 GensAce 6s 5000mah batteries to the H920+ copter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Here is how I made a slight mod to the lower edge of the battery box. Grind down the ribs just enough to give clearance for the cables on the batteries. Be careful to not get any dust or debris in the copter.

Attachments

• 920+Bat Box mod.jpg
    920+Bat Box mod.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 13
Good Morning Pilots, These batteries look like they will fit the Tornado H920 Plus. The dimensions are smaller than OEM. on Amazon.

Zeee 6S Lipo Battery 7000mAh 22.2V 100C Soft Case RC Battery​

Dimension: 151*46*53.5mm/5.94*1.81*2.11inch(L*W*H)
Voltage(V): 22.2V
Capacity(mAh): 7000mAh
Discharge(C): 100C
Net Weight: 822g/28.99oz

1651421976519.png

1651422014491.png

This looks to me to be a winner for the Yuneec H920 Plus. cost $641.97 $213.99 ea. this is expensive but getting 7000 Ah instead of 4000 Ah seems like something I may try. Any feed back would be helpful.

This battery dimensions are 151L x 46w x 53.5H. You cannot get 2 of these into the battery bay of the H920/H920+
The dimensions of the bay are ~160L x 94.6W x 47H, in addition, the connector is EC5 and needs to be EC3 and 100C =adds too much weight (822g)
Also, your math is weird, 213.99 x 2 = 427.98 Where would you put the 3rd battery since not even 2 will fit.?

Attachments

• 81A7YiJlm7L._AC_SX466_.jpg
    81A7YiJlm7L._AC_SX466_.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 5
As has been posted before, there are limited batteries which meet the size and spec for the H920/920+ copter. Here is a battery that in pairs will fit and supply reasonable power.

Attachments

• 920 Size.jpg
    920 Size.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 16
  • 920+Bat Box mod.jpg
    920+Bat Box mod.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2957.JPG
    IMG_2957.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
Good Afternoon Pilots,
I have been researching and trying to get the best flight time this is a work in progress. The 2pcs Zeee 22.2V 100C 9000mAh EC5 6S LiPo Battery has the E5C connector and the JST-XH balance connection. One difference that I see is the discharge rate of 100C high discharge rate. Should this bee a problem. The flight time of this drone for the cost is disappointing to say the least. With the Yuneec battery supplied of 12,000 mAh vs 27,000 mAh this would enhance the flight time considerably if they will work.

Good Afternoon SkyVidTec,
My apologies. After checking the source this was 2 batteries in a box. My quest is to get the best flight time possible from the batteries available. The pictures that you sent look like 2 modified batteries that you put together??? I am new to this and may have spoke out of ignorance and a lack of direct knowledge. My math was mistaken but I am far from stupid. All I was trying to find the largest power source for the flight time and camera operation.
You are more experienced with this UAV and have knowledge that I hoped to obtain thru this forum. With this thought in mind have you researched these batteries?

Zeee 6S Lipo Battery 9000mAh 22.2V 100C Soft Case RC Battery EC5 Connector​

Good Afternoon SkyVidTec,
My apologies. After checking the source this was 2 batteries in a box. My quest is to get the best flight time possible from the batteries available. The pictures that you sent look like 2 modified batteries that you put together??? I am new to this and may have spoke out of ignorance and a lack of direct knowledge. My math was mistaken but I am far from stupid. All I was trying to find the largest power source for the flight time and camera operation.
You are more experienced with this UAV and have knowledge that I hoped to obtain thru this forum. With this thought in mind have you researched these batteries?

Zeee 6S Lipo Battery 9000mAh 22.2V 100C Soft Case RC Battery EC5 Connector​

The fundamental problem is first of all THEY DON'T FIT!!!! I as others on this forum have done extensive research for H920 batteries, The battery bay dimensions is the first criteria you need to look at. A simple search on this forum would have given you the most basic information to spec out batteries.

1651432228158.png
The fundamental problem is first of all THEY DON'T FIT!!!! I as others on this forum have done extensive research for H920 batteries, The battery bay dimensions is the first criteria you need to look at. A simple search on this forum would have given you the most basic information to spec out batteries.

Good Afternoon Sir,

I am sorry for wasting your time.

Come on gentlemen let’s keep things civil here. No need to shout and be disrespectful.

Good Afternoon DoomMeister,

No harm no foul. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am just looking for useful information. Thank you.

The 100C would be well beyond the discharge rate needed so that is not a problem.
However, it appears the dimensions for that battery are 166x49x31.5mm. The OEM batts were 165x45x30mm. I don't think two of the Zeee will fit in the battery compartment.

The 100C would be well beyond the discharge rate needed so that is not a problem.
However, it appears the dimensions for that battery are 166x49x31.5mm. The OEM batts were 165x45x30mm. I don't think two of the Zeee will fit in the battery compartment.
Yes the dimensions are incompatible. The battery box is: ~170mmL x 94.4mm W x 47mmH. This means that for 2 batteries, each must be <168mmL x <47mmW x <47.3mmH
The 100C rate is much more than what is requred for the 920 and means that as the C rate goes up the weight goes up. The GensAce batteries I use are 45C and weigh 718g each (total =1436g as opposed to the 3 stock batteries = 1467g). Unfortunately it seems that the battery mfgs are trending towards higher C ratings for RC race cars, helis, or other high demand models.

Last edited:
IMHO the best approach, in this case, is to wait for a good guy to arrange production in HK or China for suitable batteries for 920. After that, we can buy them cheaper from AliExpress. In any case, a new shape will be produced in quantity more than one order for the US. For sure, an exclusive order will be very expensive for the reseller, see let us just want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval