Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hi & An Incredibly Basic Typhoon H Pro/Real Sense Question

Gotcha. So glad I asked. Thanks for the insight into how it operates and how to avoid a dreaded fly away. I can't imagine watching anything worse than that happening to this machine. I've watched most of the videos that are out there about this drone, read everything I could get my hands on, etc., and there still always seems to be little kernels of information to be gathered about it. Been playing around with the UAV Pilot simulator, too, but I'm sure that's still nothing like flying the real thing. I'll find out in a couple of days. Thanks, again, for your quick response.

On mine, I had to click a checkmark in the configuration settings before doing anything...

Well, I took my H Pro out for its maiden voyage today and everything went as smooth as Dino's voice on ice. (Or Justin Bieber's on bubble gum.) It was absolutely incredible to fly! Lots of things to keep in your head, lots of things not to lose sight of (literally), but this unique Yuneec flying machine was a dream to pilot. Spent nearly all of my flight time in Angle Mode, deciding that learning how to fly the drone myself is the only way to go. I went through 3 batteries before I knew it, had 2 more ready to go, but I wasn't dressed for the nighttime temps, so I called it a day, headed home and looked at my footage.

What a gas it was to see what the Typhoon had captured. Everything flowed smoothly, the camera did an outstanding job, and the ST16, to me, is the perfect controller to fly a drone, hands down. Everything is very ergonomic, the many controls are just where they ought to be, and there is a common sense to it's design that simplifies a pilot's job while emphasizing the gratification and pure sense of pleasure that flying such a machine should give every user.

And I thought I had something when Santa Claus left me a balsa wood, rubber-band driven, single wing plane when I was a kid! Being a BIG kid is way better!!

I installed a 128GB microSD card in the H, so I took lots of video. Does video place much of a drain on the battery?

I'm going to try to upload some video as soon as I figure that part out. I don't have any video editing software currently but was looking at Roxio's line to download. Any suggestions on simple but decent software to consider? Is Roxio worthwhile? Thanks in advance. I can easily see why you folks are as into this as you are. The possibilities with the Typhoon are endless.

Reactions: Christoph
Well, I took my H Pro out for its maiden voyage today and everything went as smooth as Dino's voice on ice. (Or Justin Bieber's on bubble gum.) It was absolutely incredible to fly! Lots of things to keep in your head, lots of things not to lose sight of (literally), but this unique Yuneec flying machine was a dream to pilot. Spent nearly all of my flight time in Angle Mode, deciding that learning how to fly the drone myself is the only way to go. I went through 3 batteries before I knew it, had 2 more ready to go, but I wasn't dressed for the nighttime temps, so I called it a day, headed home and looked at my footage.

And I thought I had something when Santa Claus left me a balsa wood, rubber-band driven, single wing plane when I was a kid! Being a BIG kid is way better!!

Wondering what you do for a Job CC....

For 4K footage, I find Cyberlink's Power Director 15 to be easy to use and does an excellent job, and it isn't too expensive either.

Glad you enjoyed your first day flying the H. I'm looking forward to seeing your footage. Once you get some more practice in, you might want to try flying it without GPS. In Angle Mode, GPS still holds position and the H stops moving when you let off the throttle. Without GPS, it will drift and it will take a lot more to control it. It will behave like the little drone toys you can buy. But, don't try this until you've got a lot of flight time under your belt.

Again, congrats on a successful maiden voyage!

Wondering what you do for a Job CC....
I am a landowner, Chris. I rent out my property to folks to build homes to live near the beaches located in southern Delaware, USA. It's been a family business for about 120 years now. And we farm some of our land, too, raising corn and soybeans. I spent about 25 years of my life as a print journalist, working for newspapers from New mexico to New York. My Father passed away suddenly last October 2015, so I now manage the family business and holdings.

For 4K footage, I find Cyberlink's Power Director 15 to be easy to use and does an excellent job, and it isn't too expensive either.

Glad you enjoyed your first day flying the H. I'm looking forward to seeing your footage. Once you get some more practice in, you might want to try flying it without GPS. In Angle Mode, GPS still holds position and the H stops moving when you let off the throttle. Without GPS, it will drift and it will take a lot more to control it. It will behave like the little drone toys you can buy. But, don't try this until you've got a lot of flight time under your belt.

Again, congrats on a successful maiden voyage!
Thank you so much, SoCalDroner. Whan an excellent day I had. I can imagine the level of difficulty goes up a lot without the aid of GPS. I'll do as you suggest and hold off on that for the time being. I sure do have plenty to learn. Now to find some video software to edit my footage and post some here. Thanks a lot!

This video is from my first day's flight of the H Pro, my first drone ever. My Father, who passed away October 2015, loved to fly. He had his private pilot's license and took me up every chance we got. He followed technology closely and would have really enjoyed what this drone offers.

My first attempt at filming became an homage to him, and to my Grandfather, too. I added a soundtrack using some music I made about 4 years ago while recovering from near-death surgery. I'm not the world's greatest singer or musician or videographer - or drone pilot for that matter - but here is what I came up with. Oh, I am new to the video editing software, too, so keep that in mind also please. Just wanted you to share this with you. Here's the link:

Dropbox - Family

Congratulations on your first drone video. It certainly is fitting subject matter to honor your father and grandfather...which is something that is lacking in much of today's society.

It's a good start and, with practice, you'll remember things like raising the landing gear :) Also, with better familiarity with your editing software, you can edit out those things as well. What software did you end up with, by the way?

Thank you for your comments and encouragement. Yes, today's lack of respect for those who made us is a step backwards for us as a species.

I ended up getting PowerDirector 15. It seemed to have the best reviews and is feature rich. I just have to get in there and do more with it. I know next to nothing about file types and their sizes, which are best to post, etc., so I have a lot to learn in a lot of areas here. But so far it's been a blast educating myself about these things. I hope to pick up tips along the way from folks such as yourself and others who are out there willing to give a guy some direction. It is appreciated.

Thank you for your comments and encouragement. Yes, today's lack of respect for those who made us is a step backwards for us as a species.

I ended up getting PowerDirector 15. It seemed to have the best reviews and is feature rich. I just have to get in there and do more with it. I know next to nothing about file types and their sizes, which are best to post, etc., so I have a lot to learn in a lot of areas here. But so far it's been a blast educating myself about these things. I hope to pick up tips along the way from folks such as yourself and others who are out there willing to give a guy some direction. It is appreciated.

Very good. Especially for editing 4K video, PD15 is a pleasure to use. There are tons of videos on YouTube ranging from the basics of editing in PD to tips and tricks. Watch a few of those and you'll be well on your way. And, even videos for earlier versions of PD are good information as well.

I look forward to watching your progress.

I'm very glad I choose good software to use to go along with this fantastic flying machine. The crispness of the Typhoon's camera is outstanding. Thanks for pointing me to the YouTube vids; I keep forgetting those things are out there on nearly every topic under the Sun. I'll look forward to your future comments, SoCalDroner, and I wish you a very happy Holiday Season.

Yes you have to turn it on, using the OA switch.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT TURNED OFF DURING TAKE OFF!!!!

It is the cause of most "Fly Aways", you need to be 10 feet off the ground and with legs up for it to work also 26 feet from the controller.

If you are not 26 feet from the controller it will fly away backwards and hit anything behind it.
Gekko - don't you mean the H has to be 26 feet from the controller - not the user. :)

Hi, folks. I'm CC Rider from coastal Delaware, down here in the tidewater area between the Atlantic Ocean and the Chesapeake Bay. Very new to your forum. Seems to be a lot of knowledge out there among all of you. Being willing to share it is a plus for a guy like me just coming onto the scene.

I have a real newbie question for you: with the H Pro, is the Real Sense Module automatically engaged or do I have to turn it on? I've only unboxed my drone and done the most basic preparations on it, haven't even calibrated the compass yet. But I sure do like what I see. Been waiting for a break in the weather to calibrate it and take it up, which seems to be coming Wednesday, and I want to be ready. Thanks in advance.
Read your instructions, OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER. Ive had my H pro since late Oct fly average 3 days a week both batteries & Never Calabrated or update filmware she flys Perfect.Had a major problem CS took care under warr. In short dont assume anything, call yuneec with any question but Read your i structions so you do t ask questions the answer is there. Read the directions start on function at a time

No worries CC. You'll love it! Must clarify with you that the speed is limited to 12MPH only when the realsense is on. When it's off, you can zoom along at about 50! I have it follow me whilst I'm on the mountain bike and have the realsense on, so I have to be careful not to get too far ahead. If no obstacles, I just zoom off and it always keeps me in sight easily. Enjoy. Can't wait to see what you get it to do... Cheers!
50mph ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio