Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How Many Times Until They Replace

This is NOT enough,,you never see when you have sats lock! Purple light solid, even with white flash in it is NOT enough! Idling on the ground with motors off for 14minutes on the ground is the ONLY way to be sure of sats lock!
Belive me!

You need to stop spreading this false information. It is total nonsense.

Reactions: PatR
Just to let everyone know after three crashes, always following Yuneecs directions, and Yuneec having no problem admitting that the drone malfunctioned not pilot error, I received a BRAND NEW Typhoon H , also after talking to the repair manager at the Ontario plant he laughed at me when I mentioned letting the drone sit for 15 minutes before flight.... Just want everyone to that Yuneec did step up and back up there product and replace my drone......

Just to let everyone know after three crashes, always following Yuneecs directions, and Yuneec having no problem admitting that the drone malfunctioned not pilot error, I received a BRAND NEW Typhoon H , also after talking to the repair manager at the Ontario plant he laughed at me when I mentioned letting the drone sit for 15 minutes before flight.... Just want everyone to that Yuneec did step up and back up there product and replace my drone......
Ok, then you can forget about what's said here: Time to first fix - Wikipedia

Last edited:
This is an unending discussion. If you have been flying awhile you have developed your startup GPS acquisition procedures that work for you and that you are comfortable with. There is no use to argue about this, and it is off topic.

Let the OP choose to continue or let his thread go.

This is an unending discussion. If you have been flying awhile you have developed your startup GPS acquisition procedures that work for you and that you are comfortable with. There is no use to argue about this, and it is off topic.

Let the OP choose to continue or let his thread go.
Steve Carr wrote:in an other thread: "On your first flight let the H sit, after it boots up, for 13 minutes. That allows enough time for the GPS to finish updating" Thanx Steve / regds Photo

Last edited:
Steve Carr wrote:in an other thread: "On your first flight let the H sit, after it boots up, for 13 minutes. That allows enough time for the GPS to finish updating" Thanx Steve / regds Photo
Photo, let it go, your showing your age! Meaning the older you get the more you are prone argue! Sorry Ray I had to put that in.

This is just how I do it, with the H and with other systems. Start up, don't move anything, wait for satellite acquisition, 8-10 is good enough for me, then fly. I use almost always Angle mode so a white flash is unnecessary. I don't do follows or CCC routes so any satellite count above 8 is good enough. It acquires more while in flight. Personally, I'd dump any unit that required a 15 minute boot up at the start of each day.

I think the argument to wait a while with the unit on but without arming the motors is more valid if the unit hasn't been used in a while, after a firmware update, or when changing take off locations by a hundred miles, or so. That being the case, then, the number of times you'd have to do it is vastly reduced. In my case following that criteria I've maybe done it about 3 times this year.

Photo that's not true, If your waiting 14 minutes then there must be something wrong. Once I turn on my H it only takes a few seconds to receive Sat's and I usually can fly with 10+ Sat's. Never any issues, and I am very methodical when it comes to flying!
yeah 14 is a long time . mine about 45 seconds to a minute. Then it tells me the sats are locked. his is defective id say.....

They said the same thing and fixed it once again. I wouldn't be so disappointed if I didn't already own one that works perfect. I can tell them that this is a lemon, because my first one works like a charm. Oh well I don't fly this one close to anything just because I am afraid it is going to crash into it. Kinda of bummer having to do this but can't even make your money back if you try to sell it and I would not sell something I am afraid to fly without crashing.

Reactions: Niblett
Ok, then you can forget about what's said here: Time to first fix - Wikipedia
That article was written in 2010. Data transmission and electronic systems have improved immensely. There are ham radio transmissions that were not even possible in 2013 that are common place today and it all depends on a universal time base that is picked up from GPS and cell phone network. Complicated and uses low power signal and is pretty reliable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guardianangelstowing