Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To Disable Smart Mode

OK I am totally confused.
My ST-16 is Firmware version 03.01.b18 the latest version according to Yuneec.
On My ST-16 the "Flight Mode" switch is on Channel 5 or Switch A01.
When A01 is selected, I get 3 different settings for the Flight Mode. (Smart, Angle, RTH)
When A02 is selected I only see 2 changes on the middle lower display, and it only changes when RTH is selected.
I changed the settings for A01, and you can now see that the H (the tail light) only has Purple White in Safe mode and in Angle mode, and RED in RTH.
When I put A01 back to the -100% 0 100% I again have all 3 modes? Tail Light is Green (Safe Mode) Purple (Angle) and RED (RTH)
Soon as my batteries charge going to go out and test this and shoot some video of a SMART MODE take off.
Brave man !!! LOL, it seems that according to light patterns we are good to go, did you happen to post your setting numbers and activation status? pos0,1 & 2 so I can compare to mine and Forrestt's? Thanks Bob, we may be on to something big !

Last edited:
Reactions: Forrestt
OK, ST-16 is charged up, off to the park. Not enough room around my house to try a SMART MODE take off and play with the switch settings.
I will either come home more confused or crying.

Reactions: DroneClone
OK, ST-16 is charged up, off to the park. Not enough room around my house to try a SMART MODE take off and play with the switch settings.
I will either come home more confused or crying.
Be Safe My Friend ! And when done I wonder why my settings are in reversal of yours? or does it even matter? which I think it should! But I never touched them, before writing them down, I have the same light pattern as you too Bob, but just started to rain when I was going to test, Be safe

Be Safe My Friend ! And when done I wonder why my settings are in reversal of yours? or does it even matter? which I think it should! But I never touched them, before writing them down, I have the same light pattern as you too Bob, but just started to rain when I was going to test, Be safe

Be brave and hit the RESET! :)

I think the reversed negative/positive has little effect in my mind? they just need to be different channel settings, so 100,0,-100, will work the same a -100,0,100. Correct me if I am wrong, Cause I am coonfuuused !:confused:

Reactions: Haydn
My settings

A01 - all active
Pos 0 (Smart mode) = 100%
Pos 1 (Angle mode) = 0%
Pos 2 (RTH) = neg 100%

A02 - Pos 0,1 not active; Pos 2 active
Pos 0 (Smart mode) = 0%
Pos 1 (Angle mode) = 0%
Pos 2 (RTH) = 150%

Also, I can confirm that hitting the 'Reset' button does NOT go back to Factory settings, but instead zeros everything out. Best to write them down or take a picture with your phone. ;)

My settings

A01 - all active
Pos 1 (Angle mode) = 0%
Pos 2 (RTH) = neg 100%

Pos 0 (Smart mode) = 0%
Pos 1 (Angle mode) = 0%
Pos 2 (RTH) = 150%

Also, I can confirm that hitting the 'Reset' button does NOT go back to Factory settings, but instead zeros everything out. Best to write them down or take a picture with your phone. ;)
Just confirmed that as well Bobjazz.

Reactions: Davin and Forrestt
My settings

A01 - all active
Pos 1 (Angle mode) = 0%
Pos 2 (RTH) = neg 100%

Pos 0 (Smart mode) = 0%
Pos 1 (Angle mode) = 0%
Pos 2 (RTH) = 150%

Bobjazz, you are dead on with mine! have you ever flown in Smart Mode ? Thanks for in put !;)

Ok folks I just got back from a few more test runs. Seems all you need to do contrary to a few of the steps shown in my video are as follows and it will disable the "Smart Mode" until you decide other wise. It is working every time for me and flawless.
1.Tap Channel settings
2.Tap OK
3.Tap AO1
4.Tap S4
5.Tap edit
6. Change Pos.0: from Act to INH
7. Tap Save
8. Tap Return twice and your done.

To confirm you have successfully disabled the SMART MODE simply boot up you ST16 and H then switch between modes
RTH should be Red on your H's LED
Angle should be purple with white
Smart mode if disabled will be purple and white rather than green

Ok folks I just got back from a few more test runs. Seems all you need to do contrary to a few of the steps shown in my video are as follows and it will disable the "Smart Mode" until you decide other wise. It is working every time for me and flawless.
1.Tap Channel settings
2.Tap OK
3.Tap AO1
4.Tap S4
5.Tap edit
6. Change Pos.0: from Act to INH
7. Tap Save
8. Tap Return twice and your done.

To confirm you have successfully disabled the SMART MODE simply boot up you ST16 and H then switch between modes
RTH should be Red on your H's LED
Angle should be purple with white
Smart mode if disabled will be purple and white rather than green
Exceelent job my friend! and since I rarely use Smart Mode, if I do, it's a breeze to switch it back and forth if need be ! Great Work !;)

Thank you brother! It IS really easy to switch. I landed multiple times, stopped the motors but left the H powered up and then exited the flight control app and disabled/enabled the Smart mode at least 6 times. Each time taking off and then landing to revert back. Works like a dream.

Reactions: gregreh
I also tried several percentages under AO1 S4 For POS0 thinking perhaps it would change the copters safety zone but that did not work. I'm betting that its in the firmware and as it stands probably cannot be changed just yet. Someone will figure it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval