Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To Post video on Facebook?

Reaction score
I shot a 12min 4k video using my Typhoon H and was asked to post the video on a Facebook page. I rendered the video to 1080 using Adobe Premiere 14 (to make the video smaller for upload). Then from the Facebook Page I chose to upload video. It took 10+ hours to upload the video using my modest internet connection. The end result video is very blurry. This was my first attempt to post video online. What is the correct way to get quality video to Facebook. My computers are Window based and my phones/tablets are all Android.

I shot a 12min 4k video using my Typhoon H and was asked to post the video on a Facebook page. I rendered the video to 1080 using Adobe Premiere 14 (to make the video smaller for upload). Then from the Facebook Page I chose to upload video. It took 10+ hours to upload the video using my modest internet connection. The end result video is very blurry. This was my first attempt to post video online. What is the correct way to get quality video to Facebook. My computers are Window based and my phones/tablets are all Android.
What I do is upload my videos to YouTube, then copy the address of the video to my facebook page. On rare occasions I have uploaded directly to facebook but the videos never seem to look as good.

Reactions: robport
What I do is upload my videos to YouTube, then copy the address of the video to my facebook page. On rare occasions I have uploaded directly to facebook but the videos never seem to look as good.
I have never uploaded to youtube. Can I upload my 4k video as is and it will be converted in the process. The other problem is the video footage is of a school event and people probably will not want their kids pictures posted on Youtube. Not sure if Youtube has private group pages like facebook. I'm a newbie to the social media world. I have always distributed video on DVD's etc. Its all new to me.

If you upload to YouTube, one of the available settings is to make the video "unlisted"... that way you can still post a link for people you want to view the video, without the video just showing up in random searches on YouTube.

Also you should consider some significant editing... even a 4 minute drone video is far on the long side.

Last edited:
Also you should consider some significant editing... even a 4 minute drone video is far on the long side.
I agree.
These days the average length of my videos is around two minutes with some as little as a minute and rarely do I edit a video that finishes up at more than 3 minutes.

Anything more risks repetition of shots and the audience getting bored with it and voting with their feet. The longest video I've produced was 10 minutes long and that was almost three years ago, but that was more of a documentary on the subject of water management so not your run of the mill drone video (though it was made up of drone footage).

You have to be of a certain age to correlate this with your Uncle's & Aunt's vacation slideshow... all 3 carousels of them... :(

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
You have to be of a certain age to correlate this with your Uncle's & Aunt's vacation slideshow... all 3 carousels of them... :(
The video is of a "floatie" race that the school was having at the lake. I have the race from start to finish trying to capture the individual children at different parts of the race. All the parents and children will want to see themselves and how they did. It is a difficult piece to edit much shorter. Most people will just be interested in the part that pertains to them or their close friends. The school asked me to shoot the whole race and to make a short promo video to show for next year. Floatie races do not yet have the fan following of NASCAR, so to anyone watching the video, other than the competitors and family members there of, it is very boring, not unlike my Uncle and Aunt's vacation slideshow ;).

If you upload to YouTube, one of the available settings is to make the video "unlisted"... that way you can still post a link for people you want to view the video, without the video just showing up in random searches on YouTube.

I will try this. When I make the video unlisted, it will still let people click on link and view from the private Facebook page?

I will try this. When I make the video unlisted, it will still let people click on link and view from the private Facebook page?

I don't use Facebook, so I cannot answer that. But I know that if posted on a publicly accessible board like this one, a "Private" YouTube video will not show up here, but an "unlisted" video will.

Floatie races do not yet have the fan following of NASCAR

A few fiery crashes should change that... :)

I don't use Facebook, so I cannot answer that. But I know that if posted on a publicly accessible board like this one, a "Private" YouTube video will not show up here, but an "unlisted" video will.

A few fiery crashes should change that... :)
Thank you so much for info, I will try to post this Epic video as "unlisted" and post link for them to click on.

It will be more enjoyable watching the parents, here in the US parents go ballistic!

I do similar but use Vimeo instead of YouTube. Vimeo has several viewer settings that permit restricted viewing, including where it can be posted at. Unlike YouTube, you can allow downloading of your videos at Vimeo, and you can edit them if desired after posting.

I do similar but use Vimeo instead of YouTube. Vimeo has several viewer settings that permit restricted viewing, including where it can be posted at. Unlike YouTube, you can allow downloading of your videos at Vimeo, and you can edit them if desired after posting.
I've tried Vimeo but I found it not to my liking in a way that I can't put a finger on. Maybe just a matter of taste. Another thing is that having over 250 videos on my YouTube channel (some unlisted) also figures in my choice of not using Vimeo. It would be a massive task to transfer my catalog of videos to Vimeo.

There are things about Vimeo that provide an advantage to YouTube. One is that YouTube adds advertisements that provide revenue generation for the video creator. However, YouTube/Google has recently shown they can arbitrarily change their rules to reduce the amount of revenue the video authors can earn. The other is Vimeo charging a fee for their service that increases in stages based upon the weekly amount of data uploaded to the site. OTOH, the viewing experience is much better at Vimeo and you know that any video placed there embedded with another location will never be disrupted with advertisements.

Moving 250 videos would be a daunting task.

There are things about Vimeo that provide an advantage to YouTube. One is that YouTube adds advertisements that provide revenue generation for the video creator. However, YouTube/Google has recently shown they can arbitrarily change their rules to reduce the amount of revenue the video authors can earn. The other is Vimeo charging a fee for their service that increases in stages based upon the weekly amount of data uploaded to the site. OTOH, the viewing experience is much better at Vimeo and you know that any video placed there embedded with another location will never be disrupted with advertisements.

Moving 250 videos would be a daunting task.
My videos aren't monetized so they are advert free. I have thought about monetizing them but I figured that they are better viewed without any interruptions...my enjoyment comes with producing the videos, that is where I get payment enough.

Reactions: PatR
To borrow from the band 10CC; “Art for art’s sake” instead of “money for God’s sake”. Your virtue is refreshing and commendable[emoji106]

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49