Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to update H Pro RS with latest EU Firmware into latest US (Standard) Firmwarewa

Reaction score
I am a newbie and bought my secondhand H pro RS a few days ago.
I live in Europe, so I have the EU software. Now I want to update the controller and camera using the US software because of the extended range of the video connection.
Any suggestion welcome!

I am a newbie and bought my secondhand H pro RS a few days ago.
I live in Europe, so I have the EU software. Now I want to update the controller and camera using the US software because of the extended range of the video connection.
Any suggestion welcome!
This has been discussed in depth before. Do a search using the magnifying glass top right of your screen.

I will say, though, that having EU firmware won't necessarily make your video connection any worse than if you were using the american version. Indeed it could even be better since the EU firmware allows for 'channel hopping'.

This has been discussed in depth before. Do a search using the magnifying glass top right of your screen.

I will say, though, that having EU firmware won't necessarily make your video connection any worse than if you were using the american version. Indeed it could even be better since the EU firmware allows for 'channel hopping'.
In addition, the US version contains channels which are not allowed in other countries so you risk interference. It would be better to add the Itelite antenna to improve your video signal.

In addition, the US version contains channels which are not allowed in other countries so you risk interference. It would be better to add the Itelite antenna to improve your video signal.
I agree and will support this. I have an 'EU' TH and my experience of flying it while in LOS is that I've never had any control or video outage issues. The best way to improve your connections with the H and stay legal is to make improvements to your antenna, not bugger around with changing to a non-EU version of the firmware.

My H is registered via my commercial Operations Manual with the CAA so I must keep my H's specifications in line with the technical data for it as contained in that legally binding document. So, if ever I felt the need to make improvements to my ability to communicate and receive video from it I would go the antenna rout.

Reactions: Steve Carr
So far, thanks for all your inputs. Fist of all I will fly my bird to see if it flies well or not. If there are any issues I will come back and discuss it with all of you

That's what we are here for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79