Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important FIRMWARE version B23 - List Known Issues Here

After updating your H did you have any problems?

• Flies great. No problems

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Compass errors

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • GPS errors

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Loss of control. H won't respond to controller

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • H flew away and crashed

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not stress enough, if you have any of the following:
1) Yellow tail light flashing with or with out compass warning on the St-16.
2) Flyaway right after take off.
3) Erratic flying may or not be controllable.
4) Gimbal is no longer level.

CALL Yuneec. They take way to long to respond to email.
Do not take no for an answer. Be nice, but you may have to make several calls to get them to authorize an RMA at their expense.
If you do not call, they will recognise the above as an isolated incident and not address it.
My H is going back tomorrow. But at least I know it will be corrected or replaced.
Pardon me while I pout for the next 2 weeks.
Hey Bob, truly sorry to hear of your TH issues and Yuneec CS. Been there, done that, and my vehicle still doesn't operate as advertised and now I have to deal with the FW cluster-f**k as well. Keep up a stiff chin, dude!:)

Looking at the votes above I'm curious, I bought the H Pro and at least for me the firmware is fine so far. I think it would be beneficial to know the success/failure rate between the first run H's and the H Pro's. Just a gut feeling, but it seems to me like the H Pro's are fairing a bit better with the B23 firmware. Slightly newer revs of hardware perhaps?

Greg

Looking at the votes above I'm curious, I bought the H Pro and at least for me the firmware is fine so far. I think it would be beneficial to know the success/failure rate between the first run H's and the H Pro's. Just a gut feeling, but it seems to me like the H Pro's are fairing a bit better with the B23 firmware. Slightly newer revs of hardware perhaps?

Greg

I have a brand new pro. It's having major compass and gps troubles after the update.

John,
I am not happy that I have to send it back in. :(
I am happy:D that they offered to repair it with out any effort on my part. I figure if they do not get some to look at they will never figure out the problem. I just wish everyone else having issue would pick up the phone.
Up till now, my H has been a dream to fly. Camera is ok everything considered. (could be better)
I still say Yuneec is trying to stand behind their product. I do not have any DJI birds, but have read the horror stories.

Reactions: JohnL
My H pro as you call was also from the last shipment. It was making the first real sense versions to ship out. The second one was also factory installed with b23 and I could not even get it off the ground

I'm not sure there is a strong corollation between those with old and new generation hardware. But worth a look.

What also was of thought to me over the weekend was that there was reports of people in the Southern Hemisphere not being to use there TH at all due to compass issues. Any chance of a fix for them being attempted making it a problem for northern hemisphere ? Maybe grasping at straws but that's all I have left right now.

Two more reported on another forum.
H Fly Away

Bye, bye Typhoon H Pro...

I see he said he put it on the ground without the props on, did a start up test and got the 5 engine warning. I know that you cant turn on engines without props and not get the 5 prop warning and grinding, only way to test it is thru the GUI. This is a safety feature built into the system. Unless somehwere they changed this in an FW update?

Anyone else experiencing RTH activating whenever there's a loss of telemetry data? Was about 2000 FT out when RTH activated and I lost control of TH. Still had video connection but no telemetry when this happened. As soon as telemetry was available, I could control TH again. Before upgrade, loss of telemetry would not activate RTH and would only do so if st16 lost connection to TH.

I think thats pretty much the same thing. Losing telemetry and connection to the ST16. It might be a tad slow showing you lost connection but the Typhoon H is doing what its suppose to do when it has no signal.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the correct behavior upon disconnect from telemetry/control to hold in place, or return to home? I feel like Ive read about both scenarios.

When telemetry is lost, the TH will stop and wait a few seconds to see if the connection is re-established. If it isn't, it will initiate RTH.

Reactions: abinder and Rayray
Not what my H does. I have lost telemetry fairly early in all flights since the recent upfate but I keep flying for several thousand more feet before rth kicks in due to loss of actual control signal. Using aftermarket antennas.

My experience comes from using the Typhoon H Pro with its original firmware -- I have not yet updated to the latest firmware and don't know if anything changed (though I doubt that).

You can see the behavior I described at around 3:30 in the video below, the telemetry and remote control dropped out at about 1 mile distance from where I was standing as the LOS was occluded by a row of trees. The Typhoon H slowed and stopped momentarily, then spun around and started flying home.

Reactions: KBflyer
Anyone else experiencing RTH activating whenever there's a loss of telemetry data? Was about 2000 FT out when RTH activated and I lost control of TH. Still had video connection but no telemetry when this happened. As soon as telemetry was available, I could control TH again. Before upgrade, loss of telemetry would not activate RTH and would only do so if st16 lost connection to TH.
I have hat exact problem. Loss of telemetry occurs at around 700m and the H initiates a return to home. However on its way back I noticed it stops occasionally then continues back. Not sure why it stops???

Ran 2 batteries... no compass error here, multiple flights with the fact I calibrated it indoors at home.

Video looks good, flies and holds fine in 18mph gusts. So far so good.

Issues: landing gear was stuck, had to try the switch 3 times to get it to work.
Also was getting purple blinks on my modes (loss lock?) though the ST16 reported all normal and flew fine. Still reported the werid gspd glitch on the ground.

Note: when you run compass cal, do not spin the frame fast. Spin it about 4 -6 secs per revolution nor slower or faster. And never cal never a vehicle. I had compass off 120 deg on an APM when calibrating on f150 tailgate....

Since the update I have had two new issues, Drifting when trying to fly in a straight line.. Not using new trim button features

lading gear stuck in the up position needs RTH to force them down / yellow light alert when this happens while landing gear is going up. This happened twice and has hot happened since.
Brian, Did you ever work out(get to work) your landing gear issue? or are you still having to use RTH to get them down? Hopefully you are good on that by now! ;)

Yuneec has been great at adding many features we have been asking for to each firmware update. I've been very pleased with the latest firmware update, but as can be seen on this forum, others have had some minor and major issues which seem to only have occurred after the new firmware was installed. So far I've personally experienced two issues which I'll list below.

If you have experienced an issue with your TYPHOON H or ST16 after installing the latest firmware, list your issue here in this thread & add a bit of detail... don't just say the compass sucks or that you've heard others have this problem.

This should make it easier for Yuneec to monitor/collect issues that should not be occurring.

Oh... and please don't add your "wish list" in this thread. :)
    Flies great. No problems
    54 vote(s)
    65.1%

• Compass errors
    20 vote(s)
    24.1%

• GPS errors
    10 vote(s)
    12.0%

• Loss of control. H won't respond to controller
    13 vote(s)
    15.7%

• H flew away and crashed
    11 vote(s)
    13.3%

• This is terrible facts Capt. As of today's current tally, at this moment I copied above. Exactly as many people who have had "No" issue(54) The exact same number(54) have had an issues from a compass error, to crashes!
  • Yuneec really needs to address this and get a viable firmware out! They also need to extremely test their firmware's before releasing them and stop using "us" as beta testers, especially as a lot of us in the USA are approaching the end of their 6 month warranty periods !
  • Beta Test at our expenses! No right in my book!:rolleyes:

I contacted yuneec if I should do the update... This is what they mailed me:
Dear Mr Rovers,

thank you for your email.

If you have any bugs that need to fix you can update the system but if everything runs just fine, please stay with the actual software you have and wait until the next one.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Ihr / Your Yuneec Service Team

Brian, Did you ever work out(get to work) your landing gear issue? or are you still having to use RTH to get them down? Hopefully you are good on that by now! ;)
Yes i have no problems with the landing gear issue. The firmware before the last one fixed that and it's still good. But men yesterday turn on the st16 when i got i outside of the box and 10 seconds later the battery in the H turn it on and must wait 2,30 minuts. Also the little trick don't work anymore when you go in the setttings and select by hand the camera. But i don't try to fix it anymore. My H is for sale and tommorow there is a buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital