Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important FIRMWARE version B23 - List Known Issues Here

After updating your H did you have any problems?

• Flies great. No problems

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Compass errors

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • GPS errors

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Loss of control. H won't respond to controller

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • H flew away and crashed

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right you are. The autopilot goes to ver 1.27, the camera to 3.2.15, all else is same.
I hope it solves problems that they first said did not exist.

They will NEVER admit to a faulty firmware.... a new version being posted 10 days later is the closest we're going to get to any admission that something was wrong.

View attachment 3027
Hi Graham,
I'm still learning all the nuances of this new firmware and the more I fly it, the steadier it gets. Go figure. Perhaps the GPS positioning in memory has something to do with it. Today, I flew to try the follow/watch me function and it worked fine. I also did an "emergency" power up and go because I was watching TV at 7:30PM and my wife exclaimed: "It's so red outside!" I grabbed a charged battery, inserted it into the H, went outside and fired everything up. I went up to 400 feet and saw one of the most beautiful sunsets. Took pics and vids until the battery ran out! It was rock steady and all was running perfectly. I noticed that on the Tilt Mode (S1) switch (3-position on left most front of the ST16) when I flip it to full down (A), the CGO3+ points up a bit and shows more sky. The horizon is lower in the frame. Also, when moving the control lever wheel up or down, the cam responds very slowly. I'll re-read the manual and see what that's about.View attachment 3027

What a spectacular shot! This is a good example of when you want the camera to catch more than 50% sky.

When telemetry is lost, the TH will stop and wait a few seconds to see if the connection is re-established. If it isn't, it will initiate RTH.

I demonstrated that behavior twice today. It stops, if telemetry is lost for some seconds, it goes into RTH mode. When steady telemetry is regained it stops and hovers. I'm happy with that behavior. How can I control it if I have no telemetry and video is breaking up?

You got a new H today? Did you fly it before updating? Did the updating seem to go OK? A regular H or the Pro?
So sorry to hear what happened.

I meant I had a new issue. I was flying fine before the firmware update, and the flip. It was just the regular H, not the Pro. The updating went perfectly, my landing, not so much. :(

So, I sent the telemetry logs to Yuneec, and they determined that the flip was not my fault. Off it goes for repair. The funny thing is, when I told them I had read about many people having calibration issues, and so I calibrated it after the firmware update, they said that nobody had reported that issue.

Last edited:
I guess the person you where talking to never got that memo and probably does not even know about the new firmware update today.

On a lighter side here is a fellow that is not taking any chances of a fly ways from the firmware bug :)

1473765288138.jpg

Reactions: Blax and Rayray
I guess the person you where talking to never got that memo and probably does not even know about the new firmware update today.

On a lighter side here is a fellow that is not taking any chances of a fly ways from the firmware bug :)

View attachment 3065

Actually, that's not a bad idea for the first flight with new firmware. So far, I have had no problems with updates that couldn't be attributed to pilot error. I'm holding off on installing today's update until I hear a few reports for the early adopters.

Pleased Yuneec are sorting your faulty H out, trying to understand why some users are experiencing malfunctions after updating to the new firmware, did you fly your H after doing the update before doing a calibration, the reason I ask is it seems that a lot of users that updated successfully and did not re-calibrate are the users where their H is performing good with no problems, this includes my own H which also flies perfectly with no re-calibration after updating.

It seems that when calibrating after the new update is what causing some of the problems which is possibly down to a bug in the software interacting once a re-calibration has been carried out.

They would never admit a problem they are no different than other manufacturers, they only admit when they are forced to.

Pleased Yuneec are sorting your faulty H out, trying to understand why some users are experiencing malfunctions after updating to the new firmware, did you fly your H after doing the update before doing a calibration, the reason I ask is it seems that a lot of users that updated successfully and did not re-calibrate are the users where their H is performing good with no problems, this includes my own H which also flies perfectly with no re-calibration after updating.

It seems that when calibrating after the new update is what causing some of the problems which is possibly down to a bug in the software interacting once a re-calibration has been carried out.

They would never admit a problem they are no different than other manufacturers, they only admit when they are forced to.

I did the update, recalibrated, then flew. The reason I did this is because of reading that so many others were reporting issues when they *didn't* recalbrate after the firmware update. Damned if you do, damned if you don't it seems.

Yes very unfortunate for you its like playing Russian roulette, when I finally updated after I read countless postings across the web it appeared that not re-calibrating would likely be the best way to go after updating the latest firmware, normally I would advocate calibrating after updating firmware but after all the problems I decided not to.

View attachment 3065

A "fellow", huh? I know that's you, lol :). Good idea, but if it flipped like Kat's the line might help tear it up! I can't comprehend that flip.

I may jinx myself, but I updated 2 birds, one Pro and one std, and a Pro ST-16, this morning and both are flying good. No re-calibrations...(yet).

Good luck Rayray. Has anyone installed the latest firmware update from today yet? I'm curious to know what IT does! I tried getting info from Yuneec CS, but they were pretty clueless.

View attachment 3065

I did this exact same thing when I flew my second replacement.... Now my kids are pissed because I cut the string of her finding nemo kite - after seeing your post, I had the courage to confirm I did it also!

I will be flying the latest firmware when mine arrives. The dumb luck I have, UPS had an issue with the airplane that Yuneec sent my replacement on overnight.... it was grounded for the day, so now I have to wait until tomorrow to get my replacement. Not sure if they factory loaded the Sept 12/13 firmware, but I will be doing that before flying it... not a choice for me... nothing but problems with the sept 1 and prior code so fingers crossed it works.

I may jinx myself, but I updated 2 birds, one Pro and one std, and a Pro ST-16, this morning and both are flying good. No re-calibrations...(yet).
How does Accounting (i.e., your wife) allow you so many goodies? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy