Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important FIRMWARE version B23 - List Known Issues Here

After updating your H did you have any problems?

• Flies great. No problems

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Compass errors

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • GPS errors

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Loss of control. H won't respond to controller

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • H flew away and crashed

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yuneec has been great at adding many features we have been asking for to each firmware update. I've been very pleased with the latest firmware update, but as can be seen on this forum, others have had some minor and major issues which seem to only have occurred after the new firmware was installed. So far I've personally experienced two issues which I'll list below.

If you have experienced an issue with your TYPHOON H or ST16 after installing the latest firmware, list your issue here in this thread & add a bit of detail... don't just say the compass sucks or that you've heard others have this problem.

This should make it easier for Yuneec to monitor/collect issues that should not be occurring.

Oh... and please don't add your "wish list" in this thread. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralphy and Morten
I did the firmware update shortly after it was released on September 1st, 2016. The two issues that I have experienced are:

COMPASS ERROR MESSAGE: When the Typhoon and ST16 are powered up, and the Typhoon is sitting on the ground with no motors engaged, I have received the "land in angle mode and calibrate compass" message. If I walked a few feet with the ST16 to another spot, the message went away. So far this occured once.

ST16 FLIGHT MODE APP CRASH: The App that we all use to fly the Typhoon H crashed on me and and the entire screen on the ST16 went "black". The Typhoon H was very far away. My only recourse to get it back was to hit the RTH switch, which saved the Typhoon from a crash. I believe the crash was caused by using the SCREEN CAPTURE function. Seconds before it crashed I was using this function. The Flight Mode crash report is attached below.

CRASHED APP.png

I did the firmware update shortly after it was released on September 1st, 2016. The two issues that I have experienced are:

COMPASS ERROR MESSAGE: When the Typhoon and ST16 are powered up, and the Typhoon is sitting on the ground with no motors engaged, I have received the "land in angle mode and calibrate compass" message. If I walked a few feet with the ST16 to another spot, the message went away. So far this occured once.

ST16 FLIGHT MODE APP CRASH: The App that we all use to fly the Typhoon H crashed on me and and the entire screen on the ST16 went "black". The Typhoon H was very far away. My only recourse to get it back was to hit the RTH switch, which saved the Typhoon from a crash. I believe the crash was caused by using the SCREEN CAPTURE function. Seconds before it crashed I was using this function. The Flight Mode crash report is attached below.

View attachment 2907
Don't understand this attachment. Looks like a bunch of headers. Where's the data?

Steve may be able to set something up for this firmware release and all future ones. In the end everyone is a beta tester until the next firmware release, then the process repeats.
Understood. Yeah, in RC we are ALL beta testers.... in perpetuity!

View attachment 2907

Since the update I have had two new issues, Drifting when trying to fly in a straight line.. Not using new trim button features

lading gear stuck in the up position needs RTH to force them down / yellow light alert when this happens while landing gear is going up. This happened twice and has hot happened since.

Reactions: yuneec53
Well, took the 'H' out of the case to update today, turned on st16, then A/C.... Camera showed thru the screen and welcome pilot arose. *******'... Here I go
Went to about in settings and showed no version of anything on drone.
Went to bind, but had nothing on the aircraft side and my home internet along with the camera on the right.
Hit refresh and then the camera info disappeared but the internet name stayed.
Tried tilting the 'h; anyway several times, but no yellow light.
Thought maybe this is normal and need to update to get to work properly.
So, I went into the download process and just put the A/C bin in the SD card. (Actually I have everything I downloaded in the SD card, but in a folder called YUNEEC UPDATE 9-6-16, and just pulled out the A/C bin and put in the main body of the SD card.)
I then tried to update, but came up with a message saying that the controller and drone needs binding first.
Went thru the binding process many more time before putting my tail behind my legs and start typing...
HELP..... Luv, Dan
P.s Oh yeah... When I push buttons on the '16', audible beeps emit from the 'H'. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Well, took the 'H' out of the case to update today, turned on st16, then A/C.... Camera showed thru the screen and welcome pilot arose. *******'... Here I go
Went to about in settings and showed no version of anything on drone.
Went to bind, but had nothing on the aircraft side and my home internet along with the camera on the right.
Hit refresh and then the camera info disappeared but the internet name stayed.
Tried tilting the 'h; anyway several times, but no yellow light.
Thought maybe this is normal and need to update to get to work properly.
So, I went into the download process and just put the A/C bin in the SD card. (Actually I have everything I downloaded in the SD card, but in a folder called YUNEEC UPDATE 9-6-16, and just pulled out the A/C bin and put in the main body of the SD card.)
I then tried to update, but came up with a message saying that the controller and drone needs binding first.
Went thru the binding process many more time before putting my tail behind my legs and start typing...
HELP..... Luv, Dan
P.s Oh yeah... When I push buttons on the '16', audible beeps emit from the 'H'. Hope that helps.

'COMPASS WARNING' Continuously every 15 seconds the entire flight after new firmware!

Let me see if I can type a little more clearly and precise.
Went to update to new version for ST16 and H. Went 'About Controller' and saw no version was in the H category even though when I push buttons on the ST16, beeps come from the H.
Tried to bind, but failed.
And won't update without binding first.
Conclusion... Won't fly or even spin the rotors. And now, no video showing thru the 16 screen.

The binding issue can be resolved by turning on team mode, binding, then turning off, if needed. Check Marionville Multi-rotors on YT for vids on this topic... Get in on this vid around 10:15

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunter_Michael
Thank you Dave for your input, but I called Yuneec C/S and surprisingly someone answered in less than 20 seconds. I was in OH MY GOODNESS mode and asked for CS.... She said she was.. I told her of the problem and she had me bound in a few minutes. The difference is shutting the ST16 off while doing it if the blue light in the back is blinking. But, after binding all, still couldn't turn the rotors.
So, so not to make another customer wait any longer, I got off the phone and thought I would updat first and see if that works. If not, then I will call CS again.
I just finished updating the craft and restarted. Tried the props and they spun like a top. Shut down drone and updating RC... Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Thank you Dave for your input, but I called Yuneec C/S and surprisingly someone answered in less than 20 seconds. I was in OH MY GOODNESS mode and asked for CS.... She said she was.. I told her of the problem and she had me binder in a few minutes. The difference is shutting the ST16 off while doing it if the blue light in the back is. Not blinking. But, after binding all, still couldn't turn the rotors.
So, so not to make another customer wait any longer, I got off the phone and thought I would updat first and see if that works. If not, then I will call CS again.
Good luck with that. I'm holding off updating until the issues level off/get resolved. Seems like more features than fixes, so I'm fine with the last update....

Yuneec has been great at adding many features we have been asking for to each firmware update. I've been very pleased with the latest firmware update, but as can be seen on this forum, others have had some minor and major issues which seem to only have occurred after the new firmware was installed. So far I've personally experienced two issues which I'll list below.

If you have experienced an issue with your TYPHOON H or ST16 after installing the latest firmware, list your issue here in this thread & add a bit of detail... don't just say the compass sucks or that you've heard others have this problem.

This should make it easier for Yuneec to monitor/collect issues that should not be occurring.

Quick question on firmware update features. Is there a location on Yuneec's website where they provide a full description of what has been added? I'm only seeing two or three lines when viewing the download page for ST16 and the H. I viewed a video today at YT

Saw the update YT vid today with new features - very nice! What is the Yuneec source for full description of the features. I can only find a line or two at the download webpage....

Quick question on firmware update features. Is there a location on Yuneec's website where they provide a full description of what has been added? I'm only seeing two or three lines when viewing the download page for ST16 and the H. I viewed a video today at YT

Saw the update YT vid today with new features - very nice! What is the Yuneec source for full description of the features. I can only find a line or two at the download webpage....
You have to select the WHAT'S NEW.PDF file. Here is the link:

http://download.yuneec.com/Typhoon_...16_Firmware_Update_Version_B23_What's_New.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval