Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important FIRMWARE version B23 - List Known Issues Here

After updating your H did you have any problems?

• Flies great. No problems

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Compass errors

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • GPS errors

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Loss of control. H won't respond to controller

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • H flew away and crashed

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ST16 FLIGHT MODE APP CRASH: The App that we all use to fly the Typhoon H crashed on me and and the entire screen on the ST16 went "black". The Typhoon H was very far away. My only recourse to get it back was to hit the RTH switch, which saved the Typhoon from a crash. I believe the crash was caused by using the SCREEN CAPTURE function. Seconds before it crashed I was using this function. The Flight Mode crash report is attached below.

View attachment 2907

That crash dump does look consistent with the playback being interrupted, which may be as a result of using the screendump facility in the middle of a flight. Correlation is not causation, but it would be a suspect..

As for the compass error, I'll confess I don't recalibrate after firmware upgrades and have never suffered a problem. How many of the current sufferers did a compass calibration after the firmware upgrade?

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
That crash dump does look consistent with the playback being interrupted, which may be as a result of using the screendump facility in the middle of a flight. Correlation is not causation, but it would be a suspect..

As for the compass error, I'll confess I don't recalibrate after firmware upgrades and have never suffered a problem. How many of the current sufferers did a compass calibration after the firmware upgrade?
It appears well over half of those with problems following the update performed the calibrations after updating.

It appears well over half of those with problems following the update performed the calibrations after updating.

Where are you getting that figure from? It could be all of them, which might point to the source of problems, or it could be 75% of them, in which case it seems unlikely the calibration itself caused problems.

Where are you getting that figure from? It could be all of them, which might point to the source of problems, or it could be 75% of them, in which case it seems unlikely the calibration itself caused problems.
Not from a comprehensive list, but from a list of posts I started yesterday. It appears to me the compass calibration has little or nothing to do with the real problem. At this point everything is speculative. I do know that Yuneec has examined some flighlogs and immediately determined the H was defective. There is little chance we will get meaningful information regarding the cause. It's possible they are using more than one supplier for certain components and one of those suppliers has delivered a piece with a flaw that only shows up after the upgrade. I believe that was the case with the ESC's on the Q500.

It is interesting to note.......if you call regarding a problem after upgrading the Yuneec tech will ask if you calibrated the compass.

As I've written in other posts, after the update I have lost range especially telemetry which is breaking up much quicker now and it is taking a LONG time to come back. Never had that problem before. I have also gotten a harsh "Obstacle Avoidance has failed to work" screen that I can't clear when flying. Had to land. But I did not have O.A. on. Never had this before either.

Since the update I have had two new issues, Drifting when trying to fly in a straight line.. Not using new trim button features

lading gear stuck in the up position needs RTH to force them down / yellow light alert when this happens while landing gear is going up. This happened twice and has hot happened since.

Ever since the update, my TH now drifts when hovering below 30'. Even though I have a GPS lock, on the TH. Solid purple with white flash.

Ever since the update, my TH now drifts when hovering below 30'. Even though I have a GPS lock, on the TH. Solid purple with white flash.
I did several compass calibrations and this seemed to clear up -based on the my flying today -- it was a solid and clean flight- Oh heres a tip, dont try and show someone one how return to home works if your not above 30 feet LOL bird will spin round and then drop gear and start heading down quickly LOL

I did several compass calibrations and this seemed to clear up -based on the my flying today -- it was a solid and clean flight- Oh heres a tip, dont try and show someone one how return to home works if your not above 30 feet LOL bird will spin round and then drop gear and start heading down quickly LOL
I will give that a try, thanks!

maybe serial numbers would help date the machine in some way?

Only Yuneec would know for sure but with all due respect, I think you're grasping with that one. I almost said something last time somebody posted this, and it may have been you in another thread a few days ago, but I seriously doubt there is any difference in the models aside from he date they were shipped and the original FW they may have had from factory.

As a point of clarification, this FW update was for the regular H and NOT the "Pro" version, correct? I Think that point needs solid clarification. It was my understanding that this update was never intended to be, nor should it have ever been, installed on the Pro version.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Only Yuneec would know for sure but with all due respect, I think you're grasping with that one. I almost said something last time somebody posted this, and it may have been you in another thread a few days ago, but I seriously doubt there is any difference in the models aside from he date they were shipped and the original FW they may have had from factory.

Nope was not me -- I would think there would be small differences in hardware used between a model made in jan 2016 and one made in august 2016 and I agree only Yuneec would know and they wont tell ya im sure --

As a point of clarification, this FW update was for the regular H and NOT the "Pro" version, correct? I Think that point needs solid clarification. It was my understanding that this update was never intended to be, nor should it have ever been, installed on the Pro version.

wow great point if true!

no it was for all versions

Reactions: abinder
Nope was not me -- I would think there would be small differences in hardware used between a model made in jan 2016 and one made in august 2016 and I agree only Yuneec would know and they wont tell ya im sure --
My H has flown flawlessly so far after this current FW update. Except:
1. Flight Log Parser App has the "Unfortunately, Flightlogparser has stopped" error when you click on one of the flight logs listed.
2. And the **** clock not being correct.
I haven't pushed any distances yet because of weather so cant comment on video or telemetry. I did not initially calibrate the compass but on initial flight got the calibrate compass warning, it was flying fine too. Landed and conducted the compass calibration then did an Accel Cal with the GPS turned Off and all is good. To note I used the official FW update that came out on Yuneecs site and not the one that was leaked. Not sure if that even makes a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Flys
Updated to new firmware no problem
Powered everything up for flight, received compass calibration error on ST-16, H blinking yellow.
Completed calibration of everything.
Powered back up, 16 sats , took off in angle mode, yellow light on H and compass warning. H flew into a bush broke 3 props.
Recalibrated everything (facing north)
Now only get compass error if I take off with the H pointed in any direction but North. As long as I start pointing North she fly's great.
Emailed Yuneec, still waiting.

The firmware applies to all H models. Internally there is no difference in the components.

Reactions: abinder
The firmware applies to all H models. Internally there is no difference in the components.

New firmware

See the post above, please.

That's why I asked. So far, that's the ONLY reference I have seen from anything resembling a statement from Yuneec, and the files are posted on the "Advanced" page. As best I can tell, there isn't even a download (hence no "Support") page for the Pro yet because (maybe) it hasn't had a FW update yet.

I think there are a lot of assumptions being made here that just aren't supported by official statements. I'm not saying you're wrong. I simply don't know and that's the point here. It's going to take something a little more than a statement from a forum member, moderator or not, to convince me this is not an item of contention.

My contention is that this would be the whole problem and you guys are just blowing it off. They added an antenna on the Pro which would mean they (likely) boosted the output to accommodate that and any number of other things. That alone could cause all kinds of issues with installing an improper update on EITHER ONE. They also changed the antennas on the H itself as I understand it, which probably required some unique tuning between the two because of that too.

I think you guys are drawing a conclusion you haven't earned the right to draw just yet. It would be nice if Yuneec would make a statement because my assumption all along has been that this update was ONLY intended for the original H, as was the last one.

I could be wrong and that's fine. I'm not saying I'm not, but I don't think you can't take this out of play until it's been officially answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis