Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important FIRMWARE version B23 - List Known Issues Here

After updating your H did you have any problems?

• Flies great. No problems

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Compass errors

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • GPS errors

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Loss of control. H won't respond to controller

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • H flew away and crashed

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did. Spoke to Marilyn in support at Yuneec and she confirmed with the developer while I was on the phone that it IS for BOTH. Just wanted to make sure.

FWIW, she thought it was just for the Pro also before she supposedly double-checked, so I'm not sure what we actually learned from this except what she finally told me.

The very fact that the first statement out of her mouth was that it was for the Pro only still bothers me but it is what it is, I guess. She was pretty emphatic too until I insisted that she double-check.

Instead of all this back and forth, why not just pick up the phone? wow....

You're belittling my point (I was wrong apparently and I admit that.) and you're certainly entitled, but I stand by my contention that as far as I can tell, no one actually ever bothered to check and it seems like an obvious thing to check to me.

I would never install DX9 firmware on a DX9+ TX and vice-versa. It would seem to have been exactly the same analogy as here to me.

You're belittling my point (I was wrong apparently and I admit that.) and you're certainly entitled, but I stand by my contention that as far as I can tell, no one actually ever bothered to check and it seems like an obvious thing to check to me.

I would never install DX9 firmware on a DX9+ TX and vice-versa. It would seem to have been exactly the same analogy as here to me.

for Christs sake's man LET IT GO! You got your answer , now we all know as I said before Well Played now can we move on? Un-watching thread at this point.

Reactions: abinder
Mild drifting and Losing a bit of altitude when hovering approximately 8-10' AGL...

I noticed this during my "pre-mission" check-out. I do this with all my Multi-Rotors. After my pre-flight checklist, I take off, let the bird hover approximately, 8-10' AGL. I watch it for a few seconds then rotate it right, rotate it left. Slide right, Slide left, Go forwards, backwards, then let it hover...

No issues prior to update. However, now it will tend to drift about 12" in any direction very slowly. Not holding its position. Also noticed it dropped about 12"-24" in altitude. This was only noticeable when 8-10' AGL.. Higher up its very stable. Do not believe this prop-wash as this is the same methodology I use for all my drones and never had any drifting unless there was a problem...

I took mine out for a flight and got 1345' before I lost video and then the GPS loss signal and ST16 vibration (stock antennas). My heart sank for a second then I hit the RTH and it re established video and it came home. Thought it was gone since the GPS warning... Granted I have a lot of trees in between where I'm flying, but the farthest I could go prior was about 1000'. I just noticed I was at 14.8V when it happened, Below is a screen shot I took just before the picture froze and GPS warning. So far my distance has not been effected with the new FW.Screenshot_2016-09-06-16-42-28.png

Recal'd compass, no drifting. No errors so far. Flies well, but haven't tested distance beyond 1000 ft. I really messed up not going to the Lake on Monday with the H. Absolutely beautiful weather and lots of boats. Oh well, still enjoyed the BBQ.

New firmware

See the post above, please.

That's why I asked. So far, that's the ONLY reference I have seen from anything resembling a statement from Yuneec, and the files are posted on the "Advanced" page. As best I can tell, there isn't even a download (hence no "Support") page for the Pro yet because (maybe) it hasn't had a FW update yet.

I think there are a lot of assumptions being made here that just aren't supported by official statements. I'm not saying you're wrong. I simply don't know and that's the point here. It's going to take something a little more than a statement from a forum member, moderator or not, to convince me this is not an item of contention.

My contention is that this would be the whole problem and you guys are just blowing it off. They added an antenna on the Pro which would mean they (likely) boosted the output to accommodate that and any number of other things. That alone could cause all kinds of issues with installing an improper update on EITHER ONE. They also changed the antennas on the H itself as I understand it, which probably required some unique tuning between the two because of that too.

I think you guys are drawing a conclusion you haven't earned the right to draw just yet. It would be nice if Yuneec would make a statement because my assumption all along has been that this update was ONLY intended for the original H, as was the last one.

I could be wrong and that's fine. I'm not saying I'm not, but I don't think you can't take this out of play until it's been officially answered.

If you recall the ST10 had 4 versions: ST10, ST10+, ST10 4K, ST10 G.

The ST10 (original) was the only controller that used different firmware. It is clearly noted in the Details for the firmware download on Yuneec's support page as follows:

VERSION Build st10+v01b30c
WARNING
Q500+/Q500 4K/Q500 G should be updated to the latest version as well.
DO NOT UPDATE REGULAR ST10 WITH THIS UPDATE

In the details for the H firmware update there is no warning regarding which version it should not be used with.

Here is a post from yesterday from Pevo:
"Brand new Typhoon H Pro (Latest firmware), on it's 4th fight (2nd of the day) it took off and immediately lost control. Set to home mode, kept going in the same direction but it managed to land itself in a treeline about 1,350 feet from "home". Previous flight was perfect, according to the telemetry it was compass failure......."

It might be helpful if the list gets cleaned and posted/updated to the first message in this thread to kept current list and remove the clutter (side conversations).... I belong to a few car forums and this is what we do when we have a issue that becomes critical like this one is sounding like it is (or will be).... The basic premise is that every reads the first post for the consolidated list, and then posts anything new or interesting to keep the dialog and trouble shooting going, or document the way in which to discuss it with the dealer to get it repaired etc....

It seems this thread could benefit from that or maybe what ever has worked in the past here - I didn't see anything of this magnitude so not sure if there was a standard way in which this group handles this sort of thing, but wanted to offer the suggestion....

I guess that's better than nothing. However if you try to print it out on 8.5 x 11" paper, it doesn't print the entire file. I also tried printing on 8.5 x 14" paper and it did print ok, except it's still chopped off at the bottom of the pages. And apparently Yuneec forgot to finish the file at the end.

It might be helpful if the list gets cleaned and posted/updated to the first message in this thread to kept current list and remove the clutter (side conversations).... I belong to a few car forums and this is what we do when we have a issue that becomes critical like this one is sounding like it is (or will be).... The basic premise is that every reads the first post for the consolidated list, and then posts anything new or interesting to keep the dialog and trouble shooting going, or document the way in which to discuss it with the dealer to get it repaired etc....

It seems this thread could benefit from that or maybe what ever has worked in the past here - I didn't see anything of this magnitude so not sure if there was a standard way in which this group handles this sort of thing, but wanted to offer the suggestion....
A poll has been added to the beginning of the thread. It is the simplest way to accomplish a tally of problems.

Well, took the 'H' out of the case to update today, turned on st16, then A/C.... Camera showed thru the screen and welcome pilot arose. *******'... Here I go
Went to about in settings and showed no version of anything on drone.
Went to bind, but had nothing on the aircraft side and my home internet along with the camera on the right.
Hit refresh and then the camera info disappeared but the internet name stayed.
Tried tilting the 'h; anyway several times, but no yellow light.
Thought maybe this is normal and need to update to get to work properly.
So, I went into the download process and just put the A/C bin in the SD card. (Actually I have everything I downloaded in the SD card, but in a folder called YUNEEC UPDATE 9-6-16, and just pulled out the A/C bin and put in the main body of the SD card.)
I then tried to update, but came up with a message saying that the controller and drone needs binding first.
Went thru the binding process many more time before putting my tail behind my legs and start typing...
HELP..... Luv, Dan
P.s Oh yeah... When I push buttons on the '16', audible beeps emit from the 'H'. Hope that helps.

I had similar problems to yours.
To be able to bind, I had to create a copy of the Typhoon (called Typhhon - A) and use that for bindings.

That crash dump does look consistent with the playback being interrupted, which may be as a result of using the screendump facility in the middle of a flight. Correlation is not causation, but it would be a suspect..

As for the compass error, I'll confess I don't recalibrate after firmware upgrades and have never suffered a problem. How many of the current sufferers did a compass calibration after the firmware upgrade?
I was thinking same thing since I've never calibrated mine either.

I don't mean to start an argument here but this seems to be the problem with selling such an advanced product to people who have no or little experience with RC Aircraft.

If everyone went through the calibrations after each firmware update, i think Yuneec C/S would be less busy with people telling them there drone is faulty.

I have read that people are seeing "Compass Calibration" errors or drifting which funnily disappears once a calibration is done.

It would probably help if Yuneec had a more thorough checklist for post firmware installation to assist the masses.

Problem with that is... I did calibrate and still got compass errors.... That being said, I re-calibrated the compass again and I have had 3 non eventful flights ever since with 0 issues. So, to me it is safe to say, check your calibrations and If something is up... re do the calibration process. If you still have problems then something up.

I calibrated everything multiple times and still had issues.

I calibrated everything multiple times and still had issues.
If you still have problems following the update you should contact Yuneec and, if possible, email the flightlogs from the past few flights. That will help them determine the cause.

Reactions: james stepp
I've had no issues, with an H and H Pro relating to what's being discussed. I religiously recalibrate each time I fly and each time there is a firmware update.
Both were very responsive. I'm in the midst of updating my disk arrays to 72 terbytes when that task is done I will post some videos of Real Sense flying Vs
flying without it thru an old stone structure with some walls crumbling..attached is photo from stock lens shot as DNGFarmstead.jpg ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuance
Flew again tonight. Zero issues. Went out 1700+ ft @200 alt; not even a flicker on the screen. The more I fly it, the more I like it.

One thing I'd like to see is optional dynamic RTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech