Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important TyphoonH_Ver2.24_A.bin

If you installed Ver 2.24 please reply below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No errors here yet.....very odd.

Anyway, everyone's helpful contributions and suggestions is commendable. Thanks all.

You should look for your own interest. No msgs, no orange tail lights is not = no compas problem ;)

In the log file you find any error, the ST16 msg/ LED tail light only starts, when it was too much, too late ...

Same for SAT info, when your ST16 says you have 12 SAT, that is not the right info about the quality,
this is the reason, why you can lose GPS with 12, 14, 16 SAT ...

Recently purchased a THP, you have me curious with the last part of your post. So if the ST16 says we have 12 Satellite's, how do we know for certain that we do, or do we never actually know?

Thought I throw my test and findings into the mix.

I've just done the update, first time I've updated since I purchased the H. Never experienced any issues before so I thought there's not much point updating. That being said, the trim option really appealed to me so I jumped in and went with this latest update.

Also, I haven't done any mods to my H, all is standard.

I am based in the U.K. However I purchased my H from SLRHut so from the US, came with standard firmware and I updated to standard firmware, not EU.

Update went well - top marks to Captain Drone for the sweet how to update video. I've just been out and flew 3 batteries and it flew just as well as before, the trim feature is amazing. The only issue I noticed was with telemetry dropping out. Prior to the update I'd never experienced a telemetry drop, I've only flew out 2000ft or so before, but on my second battery I experienced a telemetry loss at 1700ft. Nearly **** my trousers, since I've never seen it before. Telemetry was out for what seemed like forever but actually only 5 seconds or so. Still maintained total control. Flew back, landed, put my third battery in and everything was perfect, telemetry didn't drop at all on the 3rd battery and I flew to 2100ft.

Problems with gimbal here. Update was successful so I re-calibrated everything. First time I've ever had trouble calibrating the compass but after a few attempts and moving it a little extra farther away from my truck it was successful. Put the gimbal back on and now it just locks up immediately and gives me three slow beeps. It does connect to the ST16 and I do get video (and very fast I must say) but the gimbal is frozen and beeping. I can't recalibrate the gimbal it won't let me. Any ideas?

You can always check the available sats at the place you intend to fly by using the software here,
Location Lookup

it is FREE, you could put the bird in the air with enough sats, then 5 minutes into your flight they can change drastically, believe me I have used this for over 3 years it is reliable.

Awesome thanks

just back from flying the upgrade. i didnt have compass issues with the last but have a job tomorrow and didn't want to chance it rearing its ugly head then (still a crap shoot to upgrade the day before a shoot)

Upgrade went smooth, nothing to rebind since the 16 wasn't upgraded. I always recal after an update, and did accelerometer too this time.

flew as expected, not sure what was changed....but if there was a glitchy bit of coding that has been repaired then all the better....

I'd love to hear from someone that was having the compass issue with the 9-2-16 firmware...

peace,
Anthony
Anthony, I guess we are the lucky ones who have had no issues with the last two UPDATES...........I have to issues to report.

Reactions: Art-Tistic
You can always check the available sats at the place you intend to fly by using the software here,
Location Lookup

it is FREE, you could put the bird in the air with enough sats, then 5 minutes into your flight they can change drastically, believe me I have used this for over 3 years it is reliable.
Very slick...was not aware of this site. Thank you!

Location Lookup

Thank you very much for providing this link. I have bookmarked it and will be using it from now on.

First commercial flight with new firmware (EU and RS). YAWdrift to the left side. Drifting all the time. Lost video connection and orange blinking while gear up. It stops decending 20m over ground. Baro shows 2m! With gear down it landed very slowly, while drifting between the houses.
I am very unhappy! Testflight yesterday in free area was perferct.

Thought I throw my test and findings into the mix.

I've just done the update, first time I've updated since I purchased the H. Never experienced any issues before so I thought there's not much point updating. That being said, the trim option really appealed to me so I jumped in and went with this latest update.

Also, I haven't done any mods to my H, all is standard.

I am based in the U.K. However I purchased my H from SLRHut so from the US, came with standard firmware and I updated to standard firmware, not EU.

Update went well - top marks to Captain Drone for the sweet how to update video. I've just been out and flew 3 batteries and it flew just as well as before, the trim feature is amazing. The only issue I noticed was with telemetry dropping out. Prior to the update I'd never experienced a telemetry drop, I've only flew out 2000ft or so before, but on my second battery I experienced a telemetry loss at 1700ft. Nearly **** my trousers, since I've never seen it before. Telemetry was out for what seemed like forever but actually only 5 seconds or so. Still maintained total control. Flew back, landed, put my third battery in and everything was perfect, telemetry didn't drop at all on the 3rd battery and I flew to 2100ft.

I have not upgraded to 2.1 because of all the reported issues -- been waiting to see what happens. Now that they apparently posted a "fix" with 2.4 -- wondering if the 2.1 can be skipped and 2.4 be installed instead. Can I assume you skipped 2.1 and went directly to 2.4 and all is well? Does anyone have any info contrary to skipping upgrades?

I have not upgraded to 2.1 because of all the reported issues -- been waiting to see what happens. Now that they apparently posted a "fix" with 2.4 -- wondering if the 2.1 can be skipped and 2.4 be installed instead. Can I assume you skipped 2.1 and went directly to 2.4 and all is well? Does anyone have any info contrary to skipping upgrades?

you cant really install 2.1 if its gone, so its a safe bet that your covered in 2.24, A quick call to Yuneec can calm the nerves :)

First commercial flight with new firmware (EU and RS). YAWdrift to the left side. Drifting all the time. Lost video connection and orange blinking while gear up. It stops decending 20m over ground. Baro shows 2m! With gear down it landed very slowly, while drifting between the houses.
I am very unhappy! Testflight yesterday in free area was perferct.

Pilot60, you may have your answer right there. Apparently, you were close to houses when you had problems and none when you were out in the open. No surprises there.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
I installed the new update, and then immediate had a flyaway without any previous issues on 1.18.

Second time having this issue, last time they repaired it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Thanks,

I installed the new update, and then immediate had a flyaway without any previous issues on 1.18.

Second time having this issue, last time they repaired it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Thanks,
First, did you recover it? What mode was it in? Did you do any/all calibrations before? Do you have the telemetry file? Etc.

We did a compass calibration and accelerometor calibration. I believe we have the telemetry file. It was in angle mode using the wizard. We recovered the drone at the top of a hawthorn tree, which was extremely unpleasant to retrieve.

Reactions: Brian Mackey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis