Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

In the end, ACCIDENT happened

Reaction score
Hello, here are the files of the accident log of my h in case you can help me know what happened.

In this post I explain what has happened.

A greeting.

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Hello, here are the files of the accident log of my h in case you can help me know what happened.

In this post I explain what has happened.

A greeting.

Motors started and takeoff in Angle Mode w/GPS at 10:35:00. Flew out and up and hovered for some time probably capturing video. After about 9.5 minutes you initiated a descent from 54 meters to around 18 meters, then initiated a RTH and the aircraft ascended to your RTH height of 50 meters. the craft then headed home and descended to an altitude of about 5 meters below takeoff height suggesting that you moved down a hill with the ST-16 since takeoff. You then returned to Angle Mode w/GPS at 10:46:20 and flew some circular patterns for a minute and received a low battery warning at 10:47:20 at a voltage level of 14.3VDC. At 10:47:42 Motor 3 suddenly shut off and within 0.25 seconds Emergency shutdown mode occured killing all motors with a voltage level of 14.1VDC. Just prior to Motor 3 shutting off, an uncommanded descent started at 10:47:38 from a height of about 5 meters with an increase in airspeed until impact at 10:47:42 at a height of almost 9 meters below takeoff point. a total free fall descent of about 14 meters.

Hello Doommeister, at no time gave notice of low battery, to receive the impact of a "UFO" began the decline quickly, the drone went to the side left static trying to land but not down.

At that time it was when the engines stopped and I put the stick at maximum power to try not to give a big blow.

The difference in height is due to the fact that it was at a height and the GPS took a few meters of initial height, the blow was not at the end of 14 meters of free fall but about 6.

Some way to set the altimeter to 0 from the point where it takes off.

Thanks for your time.

It appears to me the battery voltage was simply to low to sustain flight. I always plan to land around 14.6 to 14.7 volts. Allowing the battery voltage to drop to 14.1 is close to shut down voltage.

Hello Steve, whenever you give the first warning of low battery I land the drone, the problem was that the drone after receiving the blow of the "ufo" did not respond well and did not descend.

In the telemetry it is necessary to see that the drone goes down, it stops a few seconds and then it falls, those seconds stopped with the stick down trying to land but it did not descend until the engines stopped and fell to the ground.

Maybe in that lapse of time the batteries will go down to that tension, but the said thing always lands when it gives the first warning.

A greeting.

As an aside, I don't rely on battery warnings. I keep an eye on battery voltage and as @Steve Carr says I try to be on the ground at 14.6 or 14.7 volts. For me, the extra minute or so of flight below 14.6 isn't worth the risk.

Hello Steve, whenever you give the first warning of low battery I land the drone, the problem was that the drone after receiving the blow of the "ufo" did not respond well and did not descend.

In the telemetry it is necessary to see that the drone goes down, it stops a few seconds and then it falls, those seconds stopped with the stick down trying to land but it did not descend until the engines stopped and fell to the ground.

Maybe in that lapse of time the batteries will go down to that tension, but the said thing always lands when it gives the first warning.

A greeting.
Good practice is to be safely on the ground before you see any low level warnings. Indeed to be landing with plenty to spare in case you have an issue with landing and need to 'go around again'. I aim to be landed at 4.5v.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy